Official Prediction Thread: Trade Package/Compensation from Jets

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

At this point I will give up a 4th to trade him to the Jets.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

This years 1st. Next year conditional 1-3. And Elijah Moore
Love is the answer…

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I think it will be a complicated package

The Packers get #13 but the Jets get Rodgers and #78 and #116. I hope is is not Rodgers and #45. It would be great if it is just #78 as 3rd round seems to be a jinx anyway

I think the packers get a conditional 2nd rounder in 2024 also

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Even tho I want the packers to include their own 2 if it means getting the Jets #13, I couldnt really see the team doing that. They dont seem very interested in getting higher and higher in the draft most years. I think they like the lower cap hit of a second round pick, and they usually like guys that lack the polish on a high to mid first rounder. They seem to want the player to have the measurables and then they want to polish and mold the player themselves.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 10:50
Even tho I want the packers to include their own 2 if it means getting the Jets #13, I couldnt really see the team doing that. They dont seem very interested in getting higher and higher in the draft most years. I think they like the lower cap hit of a second round pick, and they usually like guys that lack the polish on a high to mid first rounder. They seem to want the player to have the measurables and then they want to polish and mold the player themselves.
we are like most other team, we know that a typical draft has maybe 8 elite players ( excellent draft class) another 5 to 8 players possibly close to that tier, and if ya don't like 4 or 5 of them, why hang around at slot 14, trade back, acquire more draft capitol, and take a shot on a player that ya do like, seems that was Gute thinking when he took Alexander.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
Yeah honestly, having 2 high picks and no 2nd rounder is my worst case scenario in this draft class.

If we were to do that, I'd immediately try to trade back from 15. There are too many holes on this roster and too much value in the 2nd round to skip out on that.

I also don't think trading up 32 spots is worth Aaron Rodgers. It's just too weak of a package.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
Yes, but it seems to me that they did exactly that with Gary. We can guess but it depends on who they think will be available at #13

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Mar 2023 11:00
Drj820 wrote:
Yeah honestly, having 2 high picks and no 2nd rounder is my worst case scenario in this draft class.

If we were to do that, I'd immediately try to trade back from 15. There are too many holes on this roster and too much value in the 2nd round to skip out on that.

I also don't think trading up 32 spots is worth Aaron Rodgers. It's just too weak of a package.
13 for 45 swap would net about pick 21 according to trade value charts. So definitely value in there. And yeah, I would really hope we could trade back from either 13 or 15 (or both), and try to get two 2nd rounders back. That is the money spot for some TE value, 40-70.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

All eyes on Gutey now

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Giving up a 2nd? Absolutely not.

Giving up a 3rd? Absolutely. Those picks are worthless to us anyways.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

How about this:

Swap this year’s #1 plus get the Jets #2
2024 #1
Elijah Moore
Love is the answer…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Longer this goes on: who is more likely to blink in your eyes?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 20:34
That is a good question, hope we don’t find out.

I think end of next week should be a good internal limit to start pushing harder for the trade. Make it seem like we are content to wait, don’t want to let on.

But LIS earlier, players and agents notice this kind of stuff. Don’t want to get a reputation of treating players like numbers on a spreadsheet, could end up doing more harm than good just to net an extra 3rd rounder?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 20:45
Drj820 wrote:

I think end of next week should be a good internal limit to start pushing harder for the trade. Make it seem like we are content to wait, don’t want to let on.

But LIS earlier, players and agents notice this kind of stuff. Don’t want to get a reputation of treating players like numbers on a spreadsheet, could end up doing more harm than good just to net an extra 3rd rounder?
It's impossible for us to actually know what both sides are offering. I just have a hard time judging about this. But based on the standoff....my guess is we are far apart. You don't have a standoff over a 3rd round draft pick.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:19
All eyes on Gutey now
All eyes are on Murphy! There fixed it for you

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

But can’t be seen to cave in to the loudest ex player either.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
15 Mar 2023 10:14
At this point I will give up a 4th to trade him to the Jets.
Lolol

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

JKB wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:34
Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:19
All eyes on Gutey now
All eyes are on Murphy! There fixed it for you
nice to read your comments again JKB, hope all is well :aok:

not sure what Rodgers truly thinks of Murphy, Gute and Lafleur, but I'am glad he said he holds no resentment, just that times change, and it's different from the group that where running the show when he was drafted.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

that was more then just a hint from Rodgers which team was holding this up 004, our FO people want more, far more probably then the Jets are willing to give up, we need to cave a little.

if we are expecting the Jets to pay Rodgers most of that guaranteed 60 mil. plus that slot 13 pick, well I just don't see that ever happening, Yoho's 2 second rounders seems far more palatable, and the team should accept that.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

New prediction is we swap 1st, get their 2nd in 2013 and - conditional 3rd in 2014. 3rd for no playoffs in 2023, 2nd for plyoffs, 1st if he makes all pro or AFC Championship.
Cancelled by the forum elites.