Rank the Roster 2023: #11

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 25 May 2023 09:19

Eric Stokes
3%
AJ Dillon
21%
Rasul Douglas
29%
Darnell Savage
3%
Josh Myers
3%
John Runyan
3%
Quay Walker
18%
Devonte Wyatt
3%
Keisean Nixon
13%
Romeo Doubs
3%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Tucker Craft
No votes
Jonathan Owens
No votes
Yosh Nijman
No votes
Zach Tom
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Samori Toure
3%

Total votes: 38

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2023 09:27
APB wrote:
25 May 2023 06:52
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 May 2023 10:48
I also don't know what you mean about "moving more toward man." I wish that were true, but we didn't change the coordinator and overall scheme and MLF hasn't said anything in the pressers I watched that I can remember about utilizing man coverage more. If he did and I missed it, I apologize (and I'd be happy and love to hear it). But as long as Barry is the DC I think we're going to be much more zone-heavy in the secondary.
I thought I remember MLF having a "come-to-Jesus, your predominant zone defense calls don't play to your player strengths" conversation with Barry last year as the catalyst for the defense's improvement in play...? Wasn't Jaire vocal about it, as well? Maybe I'm misremembering.
Gosh I hope you’re right
I remember, specifically, LaFleur siding with the fan base on the whole playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 2... but I think he seemed to put more blame on the players than the coaching. Maybe flexibility within the scheme? Seems like a disconnect one way or another.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
25 May 2023 11:07

I remember, specifically, LaFleur siding with the fan base on the whole playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 2... but I think he seemed to put more blame on the players than the coaching. Maybe flexibility within the scheme? Seems like a disconnect one way or another.
Yeah. I get the sense though that there may be some confusion between MLF agreeing that the zone coverage was too soft out there DBs need to play more aggressively and assuming that meant more man coverage rather than just zone coverage without so much cushion and passiveness at the release point.

But I’m not a high level Xs and Os guy so I dunno.