Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday Sep 10th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packers by 100

Bout GD Time
26%
This is way too early for a GDT
4%
Where is the Here's Johnny Thread
12%
Packers by 100
12%
Jordan Love
16%
Still hate you BF
8%
LFGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
22%

Total votes: 50

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
03 Sep 2023 09:12
Yeah, if it's cold and in a cup, I'm not complaining.
^ No lies were told

"The Packers are the runaway winners of the beer standings at 6.3 beers per person / game.
Rounding out the top five were the Chicago Bears (5.2), Las Vegas Raiders (4.6), Minnesota Vikings (4.5) and Philadelphia Eagles (4.1).

The results shouldn’t be a surprise. A 2021 study found that Wisconsin is the drunkest state in the United States. The state’s capital, Madison, is the drunkest city in the nation and 11 of the drunkest counties in the nation are located in Wisconsin. :beer2:

The Pickswise study shows that, once again, Packers own the Bears."

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/che ... ackers-fan
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

6.3 beers per person??? No way, those are like like 20 oz’ers and like $12 per.

So every person drops $70-80 and drinking and equivalent of like 12 regular sized beers.

Unless you count tailgating, I’d would say that’s fair then.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
03 Sep 2023 12:37
6.3 beers per person??? No way, those are like like 20 oz’ers and like $12 per.

So every person drops $70-80 and drinking and equivalent of like 12 regular sized beers.

Unless you count tailgating, I’d would say that’s fair then.
Absolutely fair. Probably under-counting if anything...

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
03 Sep 2023 12:44
Probably under-counting if anything...
I don't think its just in stadium drinking - rather how much do you drink when watching the game at home/bar/strip club
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BSA wrote:
03 Sep 2023 12:48
APB wrote:
I don't think its just in stadium drinking - rather how much do you drink when watching the game at home/bar/strip club
Well then I'm certain they're under-counting! :beer2:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
03 Sep 2023 12:48
APB wrote:
6.3 by kickoff sounds about right

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

This point spread is a joke. There's no rationale behind it. Packers D should win the game. Plus I think LaCoach has an edge over Everflush.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Quote the whole OP why don't you? :messedup:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If I’m home we are talking at minimum 6 beers before kickoff and depending on how the game is going another at minimum 8 during the course of the game.

If I’m at a bar I’m pregaming 3 or so before leaving the house and getting whatever the biggest pitcher they is for the first half and another for the second half.

If I’m at the stadium I’m going hard as $%@# during the tailgate and buying a beer per half. I refuse to pay for a single beer for what I can get for a 12 pack on base.

If I’m at a strip club im a loser who can’t get any cheeks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Something to warm your day...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Today's stat of irony:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

#moodsetter

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
04 Sep 2023 12:49
Today's stat of irony:

Mercedes, EQ, Tonyan, and Lucas Patrick. Yeah, we’ll be OK.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
04 Sep 2023 14:18
and Lucas Patrick
He's currently listed as starting OC due to some injuries and shuffling on the OL
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packers Run Defense will be tested vs bears -

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/0 ... s-offense/

"...what I will say is that this unit did look a lot faster this summer with Devonte Wyatt taking on a larger role and the additions of Colby Wooden and Karl Brooks. TJ Slaton also appears to have taken a big step forward in his third season.

Rather than just occupying space, this group was consistently able to shoot gaps and and create a steady push into the backfield against both the run and the pass. They also flowed really well sideline-to-sideline whether in pursuit of the ball carrier or the quarterback, limiting run plays outside with the help of the edge rushers.

“We got a different plan,” said Clark about what will be different this season. “You’ll see on Sunday as far as the plan. As far as the techniques and everything, how we playing defense, we’re just being more aggressive. Going to move a little bit. You got guys like myself, TJ, D-Wy that’s can play stout and get off of blocks. That’s all we got to do. Get off blocks at the end of the day. Stop the run and plug gaps.”

Sounds like more 1-gap penetrating vs tying up blockers. And they've got the horses to pull it off vs Chicago. One item to note: when facing a running QB like Fields, if the DL shoots upfield, sometimes it can create an opening for a scrambler to squirt through.
Maybe Quay Walker plays spy from time to time ?
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

From The Athletic

"...Maybe I’m way off here, but my favorite bet of the NFL season is anything involving the Bears and not winning football games.
Maybe Justin Fields will develop as a passer and they’ll surprise me, but I just don’t see Fields making a Josh Allen-type leap. First, an Allen-esque jump is super rare, and second, the Bills’ roster was better than the Bears’ at this point. Fields ranked behind Andy Dalton in terms of EPA/dropback last year so why are we thinking he’s an MVP candidate? Obviously, the ceiling is quite high if Fields does figure it out, but man, I just don’t see how this team wins eight games with an inefficient passing game and a defense that isn’t elite."
IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I really don't care what the bears bring to the table. That roster still needs tons of work and fields isn't it imo.

What I want to see is finally our Packers backing up the hype. New d, high profile dudes, fast team, mean, no F's given.... Let's go. It is time. The talent is there. This is the year for the team philosophy and nobody is bigger then the unit to shine.

It's week 1 but I expect a beat down.

34-13 Packers

Let's goooooo. I don't drink beer but I'll be 6.whatever in starting Friday hahah

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm a little less optimistic than the rest of you. I do think the Bears are going to be better this year. They have added a lot of talent. But I do agree that talent only goes so far and you need to learn to win as a team. I'm also not sold on Fields becoming a great passer.

On the flip side, the Packers were not good last year. Yes, a lot that was due to poor QB play but I'm also not feeling "awesome" about the team knowing how to go out and win games. I do believe in Love and think he will be good, but it's Week 1 on the road. My gut feeling is that we drop this one, but not by a lot, and I think we will be ok this year, probably finishing around 9-8.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Bear season starts tomorrow. Looks like someone I know will have a bearskin rug very soon!
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-05 at 18.57.21.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-05 at 18.57.21.jpg (155.94 KiB) Viewed 391 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »