Packers @ Falcons GDT: Sunday Sep 17, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
13 Sep 2023 13:41
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Sep 2023 12:53
I'm looking forward to seeing these Packers finally play a real NFL team
Woah now, let's not look ahead to Week 3 until we have taken care of Atlanta. :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I really don't believe Atlanta is better then the bears. Some nice young pieces but nothing scary. Actually the 2 rbs scare me more then anything in the passing game. Their OL struggled last week. The Packers win 1sr down the pass rush should feast. 5 sacks min

I don't get the fear of this falcon d. Sounds like respectful coach speak to me. Jessie Bates is a good player. Terrell can play also. Other then that some older guys that best days are behind them. Don't see any type of pass rush to worry about.

Yea maybe me as a fan I'm underselling the falcons but this team is really nothing good. Perfect type teams to start the season against and kick the crap out of imo

Packers 34
Falcons 16

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
13 Sep 2023 15:59
I really don't believe Atlanta is better then the bears. Some nice young pieces but nothing scary. Actually the 2 rbs scare me more then anything in the passing game. Their OL struggled last week. The Packers win 1sr down the pass rush should feast. 5 sacks min

I don't get the fear of this falcon d. Sounds like respectful coach speak to me. Jessie Bates is a good player. Terrell can play also. Other then that some older guys that best days are behind them. Don't see any type of pass rush to worry about.

Yea maybe me as a fan I'm underselling the falcons but this team is really nothing good. Perfect type teams to start the season against and kick the crap out of imo

Packers 34
Falcons 16
They just have a better coach
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:

Packers 34
Falcons 16
I do. Bijan, Pitts, and London are better than any skill position players the Bears have. Oline is likely as bad, maybe a tick better. Not sure Ridder is any better or worse than Fields. Can run, but not as much of a threat as Fields.

They've got some nice pieces on D, Bates, Campbell, and Gravy Jarrett is no joke.

Are they scary? No. Are they better than the Bears, Yes, I think so. We clean up our early down issues from last week and keep up the pressure and we should be fine.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Any injury report yet?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2023 17:36
Any injury report yet?
Yeah but you won't like it :lol:

image.png
image.png (514.18 KiB) Viewed 495 times

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So Reed is fine?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

wallyuwl wrote:
13 Sep 2023 20:44
So Reed is fine?
Reed was back in last week after his cramp.

Looked worse then it was

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2023 16:37
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Packers 34
Falcons 16
I do. Bijan, Pitts, and London are better than any skill position players the Bears have. Oline is likely as bad, maybe a tick better. Not sure Ridder is any better or worse than Fields. Can run, but not as much of a threat as Fields.

They've got some nice pieces on D, Bates, Campbell, and Gravy Jarrett is no joke.

Are they scary? No. Are they better than the Bears, Yes, I think so. We clean up our early down issues from last week and keep up the pressure and we should be fine.

London wishes he could be DJ Moore. That one is not close

The rest I can agree with. I respect Jarrett and Campbell but they are not the same players they were. Their OL was awful last week. Slow the run and everything will be gravy.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
13 Sep 2023 20:59
paco wrote:
13 Sep 2023 16:37
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Packers 34
Falcons 16

London wishes he could be DJ Moore. That one is not close

The rest I can agree with. I respect Jarrett and Campbell but they are not the same players they were. Their OL was awful last week. Slow the run and everything will be gravy.
I'll give you Moore. But Grady and apparently Onyemata were pretty good. Myers better buck up.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230913_215457.jpg
Screenshot_20230913_215457.jpg (496.96 KiB) Viewed 453 times
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers fans often do this thing where they disparage players on other teams and falsely elevated played on our own team…in terms of talent.

Falcons def have some pieces lol. They are just young, unproven, and have some major holes. They are better coached than the bears, with better players at a few spots.

However, we do have a way better roster, but not by a mile unless Aaron Jones plays. We should handle our business, but this is in no way a gimme game
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Sep 2023 01:05
Packers fans often do this thing where they disparage players on other teams and falsely elevated played on our own team…in terms of talent.

Falcons def have some pieces lol. They are just young, unproven, and have some major holes. They are better coached than the bears, with better players at a few spots.

However, we do have a way better roster, but not by a mile unless Aaron Jones plays. We should handle our business, but this is in no way a gimme game
In worst case we may lack RB1, WR1, and a WR2 limited by the hammy. That leaves the O awfully thin for Love's 2nd game.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Sep 2023 01:05

True, and now we are unfairly disparaging Da Bears. They are better than most of us are saying. What we saw Sunday was not an average team beating up on a cellar dweller. What we saw is that Love is a good QB and the Oline is very good and that the D is very good. What we saw is a 11-6 team beating up on a 6-11 team.

Doubs and Bakh will start. And now we just have to hope that Jones and Watson and Walker can play vs the Falcons. And that no one else gets hurt.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2023 21:58
I'll give you Moore. But Grady and apparently Onyemata were pretty good. Myers better buck up.
...against Carolina. That matters.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
14 Sep 2023 10:54
I will say, Derrick Brown is better than any DL we have, so his results are not necessarily generalizable.

The rest, though (and they had trouble all over)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It is fun and interesting that the Packers' OLine dominated the Bears' defensive front.
And the Falcons' DL dominated the Panthers' OLine...

but both the Panthers OL and the Bears DL are really bad units. And so we get to explore which of those things is more true this week

Dairyland_in_Dixie
Reactions:

Post by Dairyland_in_Dixie »

I can’t wait to be there! Since I live in Alabama, it’s hard to get to any games other than those in Atlanta. Let’s go in there and dominate.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
14 Sep 2023 06:35
paco wrote:
13 Sep 2023 21:58
...against Carolina. That matters.
And us against the Bears. So basically we know nothing yet! :lol:

I do still think we have the edge. I do still think Myers better buck up. But I anticipate a win if we play near as well as we did last week.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Dairyland_in_Dixie wrote:
14 Sep 2023 12:05
I can’t wait to be there! Since I live in Alabama, it’s hard to get to any games other than those in Atlanta. Let’s go in there and dominate.
Enjoy the game!

Be sure to let us know how your experience went.