Week 3 Post-Game: Packers 18 Saints 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:22
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:14
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:10
Seriously. The Packers have the largest comeback in franchise history and it's absolute crickets from a certain "half" of this forum.

Are there people who just like being miserable?
Well obviously yes, a most insufferable bunch.

Can’t believe how quiet the forum is, be a million fire xxxx threads if we lost.
Oh absolutely. A bunch of “you homers” references, too.

Seriously, tho. I think we were all a little frustrated with how the game was going and the lack of discipline with penalties and whatnot. Nothing wrong with voicing that frustration, within reason. Those few who find it necessary to ruin the entire conversation with their over-the-top criticisms and repeated axe grinding complaints deserve what they’re now getting.
Every game is a new battle, but check receipts on this one and I feel very good about my showing. Skeptical pre-kick-off, but undeservedly optimistic even into the 4th quarter. Called the INT, called the ST shortcomings… called the victory once the game got going.

Read More. Post Less.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Just got back from a birthday/packer party and all I can say is wow! I, like many, went into this season with hopes they would be competitive a d would improve week to week.
After that heartbreaking loss last week and starting flat this week there was a whole lot of unrest and fire everybody talk.
But I kept cheering kept watching and mostly kept hoping they would turn it around. Not taking the field goal in the start of the fourth really irked me! Would have made it much less stressful to come back. But I get it. Be aggressive, and touchdown looks much better but we just needed a momentum shift.
Really glad it turned out how it did. Would have hated for Love to lead two great drives and lose by a fg at the end.
Can't wait to get to work for Thursday game. Will be working stage and outside set for the early week but will be on field packer sideline for the game!
Hoping the crowd has that same energy and it's not a lion invasion like last year.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Curious what the group here thought of the decision to go for 2 pt conversion down 17-9?

Gotta say, I was a bit taken aback by that call. The traditional call is to kick the XP. Worked out pretty good, though, gotta say!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I genuinely just don't think this fanbase is ready for/capable of a season of inexperience, ups and downs, and uncertain QB play/accuracy.

It's what everyone said very clearly that they expect and anticipate; but when it happens, people just lose their minds and revert to every past grievance they have in their brain.

The fact that some people were calling out the front office for a game of middling execution and absent 5-6 high-level starters (I mean our best players) was just patently absurd. That's prior grievance, not anything realistically observable from this football game.

There were a lot of reasons to be frustrated. An undisciplined team with a ton of penalties often is something the coaching staff takes some blame for. And we saw a lot of that today. But so many of those penalties were Newman or Walker or random young guys forced into action who simply found the stage a bit too big for them at times.

This is what everyone talked about going into the season--youth = mistakes. We said we expected this; we said we were prepared for this. But when it happens, a ton of fans just go off the rails. I hated seeing it.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 24 Sep 2023 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:33
Curious what the group here thought of the decision to go for 2 pt conversion down 17-9?

Gotta say, I was a bit taken aback by that call. The traditional call is to kick the XP. Worked out pretty good, though, gotta say!
The analytics always says 2 in that scenario.

2-point conversion rates are typically a bit over 50-50. Down 14, you score, you go for 2, if you miss it, you have another shot at a 50-50 2-pointer to tie. You make it, you get the leg up if you score again.

Love it.

The analytics guys routinely rank MLF as one of the best in the league at making the call that maximizes our chances to win, including the early 4th down attempt in this game.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 24 Sep 2023 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:

I was in favor. (I'm sure Pugger would disagree with me!) I did not want to have overtime with a game versus a division foe only 4 days away.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:

Absolutely loved it.

You are down two scores so you know you need another TD regardless. The odds of getting at least 50% on 2 point conversions is high. So when playing with house money...go for it!

It takes a lot of energy to take a game into OT after coming back from a 17 point deficit. I loved the effort to take the lead when you have the chance. I also loved the call to go for it on 4th and 2 even when it failed. I also loved the call on 4th down early in the game even when it failed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention]
To be fair, the repeated mistakes were more than simply having a young roster. There were some pretty basic level football mistakes being made and it’s fair to be critical of those mistakes. It’s also fair to relate repeated mistakes, weekly basic football mistakes, to coaching and leadership all the way up the chain.

I don’t think those are the folks we’re talking about here, though. We’re talking about the over-the-top negative nonsense a few seem to bask in.

Anyway, I’m tired of this topic. I wanna talk about a comeback win that showed heart and grit from a young team and capable coaching staff!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I honestly just can't believe we won this game. It was one of the most frustrating games I've watched.

Last week, I was literally having a blast and couldn't believe we blew it. It snuck up on me. This week, the joy snuck up on me.

Hopefully soon we get another one where I can enjoy it throughout and even more after we win, like week one.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:36
APB wrote:

The analytics always says 2 in that scenario.

2-point conversion rates are typically a bit over 50-50. Down 14, you score, you go for 2, if you miss it, you have another shot at a 50-50 2-pointer to tie. You make it, you get the leg up if you score again.

Love it.

The analytics guys routinely rank MLF as one of the best in the league at making the call that maximizes our chances to win, including the early 4th down attempt in this game.
Well, Vilma hated the call so I should’ve figured it was the right thing to do!

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

It hasn’t been often as a fan of this franchise that I can say “the ball bounced our way” and that we pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. Seems like it has been, overwhelmingly, the other way around. But today was one of those days. GO PACK!!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Left the bar a few plays into the third quarter. I was driving from Texas to Nebraska and had about 8 hours to go and had enough up to that point. I bought Packers radio app and listened on the way up so I didn’t get a chance to see but I heard it.

Credit where it’s due for a great comeback. From what I saw this team was &%$@ and under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.

Love was very bad prior to the 4th quarter. At some point he needs to get some consistency from play to play. Completing less than 60% game in and game out isn’t going to work especially when he’s about to get paid.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:10
Seriously. The Packers have the largest comeback in franchise history and it's absolute crickets from a certain "half" of this forum.

Are there people who just like being miserable?
You have to ask? “Sarcasm”

Lol

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

APB wrote:

Thought it was crazy. Get the idea but not what I woulda done ballsy move going for the w.

Count me as wtf

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

APB wrote:

Loved it!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:51
under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.
You sure that was the turning point you think it is?
4152F8D4-CCB1-47B0-AF69-1BF3442672A6.jpeg
4152F8D4-CCB1-47B0-AF69-1BF3442672A6.jpeg (139.57 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Bro says “credit where it’s due” and proceeds to give no credit.

Enjoy your whining. We’ll keep celebrating

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Given a family event at a park I "watched" this on Gamecast at ESPN.

I assume the first three quarters were as bad as it felt and that the last quarter was awesome.

Thanks for letting me know that the FG kick was no good, as Gamecast took forever to update!

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Loved the aggressive play calling, execution obviously needs to be “cleaned up.”

We didn’t start an entire offense with skill players that would scared any defense.
Had to be almost mistake free, and get in rhythm. Moved the ball but made some dumb mistakes early.
Matty kept Jlove steady and attacking.

I am impressed with the moxie and ability to keep moving on to the next play!

Huge come from behind win for a young and depleted offense! Coaches can now be extra harsh in the film rooms!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I was worried we would lay an egg today because of the injuries and how good the Saints defense is. Then when we had all those penalties even from Runyan and KC I was really expecting the worse.

All I hoped for was to get one good drive in the 4th quarter so J-Love and the team had something positive to build on. So I still have no words for what I saw. Unbelievable and so much fun. This season will be one heck of a ride. Can't wait to see what happens.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Man, that Love to Doubs TD was very nice.