Lions @ Packers GDT: Thursday Sep 28, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

With the bears being for basically a decade. The Vikings have ups and downs but GB at least splits with them every year, the Lions have quietly become the real true enemy in the div. They have beat us 3 in a row with many games they should have won. We haven't taken it to them is to damn long.

It is time to start punching back. If crapping the bed the last week in 22 to keep us out of the playoffs still doesn't sting then nothing does. Return the flavor and let the kitty's know they still aren't ready to be the king of the North

Huge Sept div game. Can stand Thursday night games but this will be telling. I expect most everyone to suit up

30-24 Pack

LFG

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's just crazy we play Detroit on Thursday twice this year.

My hope is we split the Lions games but I am trying to be realistic.

Definitely intruiged by the injury news. Getting Watson, Jones and Alexander gives us a chance. I don't think we could win without those guys. Jones and Watson need a game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I think it'll be the usual WIN THE TURNOVER battle game. I think the Packers can do it, and pull off this WIN as long as LaCoach doesn't screw up the game plan. Our receivers seem to know how to get open now. And it's the Packers turn to catch a break on Special Teams.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Obviously it is important that Jones and Watson play and are more than decoys. But the real issue is Tom and Bakh. If neither can play it is a huge problem.

Regarding Bakh. He needs to play. I don't care if his knee has swelling, play on it anyway. He can sit out vs the Raiders and rest it for 3 weeks. And if it really has swelled to the point of not being able to play effectively, just put him on IR and cut him at the end of the season. I don't see any team willing to trade with his knee and contract. Walker has been more than OK, give him the snaps so he develops.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Who is going?

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

3 straight losses to the Lions.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This game is similar to the Falcons game. Whoever wins the LOS is going to win this one and I think it really favors the Lions. The defense will have to rise to the occasion and stop the run.

One thing that can really offset the Lions advantage is our ability to hit big plays. It’s going to be on Love to connect down the field which so far hasn’t been reliable.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
27 Sep 2023 06:51
Who is going?
:tiphat:

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

:aok:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
Who is going?
I am, I'd meet you all who are going, but the wife is literally getting home from work at 6 and then we're heading right to the game.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I see two differences between now and last year against the Lions.

First, I think we are more dinged up. I'm not sure that'll matter a lot. But I want the experienced guys like Jaire, Jones, Campbell, Bahktiari to play. Watson would be a bonus. And Tom for sure. Experience might be the one thing that matters as much as anything this week.

Second, I think our QB1 is more motivated than last year. (Yes, I said that.) And his attitude is reflecting on the roster.

Turnovers will matter. I keep saying that. We didn't get any last week. And Goff is good at protecting the ball. It may be that a single INT by him (or Love) could make a lot of difference.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Detroit has been stout against the run so far this year. They have a top 5 rushing defense in terms of yardage. They've also been better (top 10) at running the ball, so far. We are bottom 10 in offensive rushing and our rush defense is bottom 6.

My point is that someone to light a fire under our ass in the trenches because if we don't shape up, it doesn't matter what Love does because opponents will dominate.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

NCF wrote:
Who is going?
Our annual tradition is now in its 3rd year. Ten in the group. We are traveling from Colorado, Oregon and Kentucky. Great fun and looking forward to a very competitive game. Our game record is 1-1. We are spread out over 3 different seat groupings in the south end zone.

Go Pack Go!!!! :kaboom:
GO PACK GO!!!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If the offense that showed up in the 4th quarter returns on Thursday night we have a realistic shot at winning. But because we are are mostly young and inexperienced, who knows? :idn:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

The Lions are a top 4 team in the NFC. They are built to exploit GB weaknesses. They had a great offseason and are even better now. If the Pack can get up early and force them to pass they have a great chance to win. If not it could get ugly.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Final injury report:

OUT
Anderson
Bahktiari
Campbell
Jenkins

QUESTIONABLE
Alexander
Jones
Tom
Valentine
Watson

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lake shark wrote:
27 Sep 2023 12:41
The Lions are a top 4 team in the NFC. They are built to exploit GB weaknesses. They had a great offseason and are even better now. If the Pack can get up early and force them to pass they have a great chance to win. If not it could get ugly.
It's all easy. We only need to stop the run.

:-)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bakh is a thief
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Clearly Bakh's knee is not right.

I hate that for him but I hate it more for this team. They could use his presence on the field in that young offensive huddle. That, and his talent.

Walker is decent in pass-pro but he's got a ways to go in the run game.

Here's hoping Tom is good-to-go for TNF. If we're without Bakh, Jenkins, and Tom we're in trouble.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bakh was very chirpy this off-season for someone who was going to play in one of the first 4 games with no new in game injury
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23