Bakh To IR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

What a missed opportunity to trade the guy in the one offseason he could have passed a physical, when he was openly airing all sorts of doubts about the team's prospects this year... and instead restructured and pushed more dead money onto the books and forced us to keep him. Ugh.

It stinks for him that an injury ruined his career but it also stinks that the team is paying him the second biggest contract on the team to play a handful of games over the past 3 years.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Sucks for him. Sucks for the Packers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2023 19:17
What a missed opportunity to trade the guy in the one offseason he could have passed a physical, when he was openly airing all sorts of doubts about the team's prospects this year... and instead restructured and pushed more dead money onto the books and forced us to keep him. Ugh.

It stinks for him that an injury ruined his career but it also stinks that the team is paying him the second biggest contract on the team to play a handful of games over the past 3 years.
Thank you so much for admitting this was a huge error.he had trade value and he was a cancer.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How was a guy who just had another surgery supposed to pass a physical to be traded?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 19:31
YoHoChecko wrote:

Thank you so much for admitting this was a huge error.he had trade value and he was a cancer.

A cancer?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

JKB wrote:
28 Sep 2023 19:41
Drj820 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

A cancer?
Yes. I believe he was constantly pulling against the rest of the teams positive energy as he insisted we were rebuilding and continued his love affair with 12 in the public.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Admitting?

I mean I was on the "trade Bakh" train until he got his contract renegotiated which made it a nonfactor and then joined the "why didn't they trade Bakh" and the "why does Bakh keep saying weird things" train all offseason.

I'm actually just validating my prior opinion by the fairly unforeseeable turn of events that have recently occurred.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I don't think Bakh was ever a cancer or ever will be. He just drew the short straw regarding injuries.

But it is what it is. He is done in GB after this season and it is very possible he never plays another snap anywhere.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

in all his years here I've seen exactly zero instances where someone could legitimately say Bakhtiari was a "cancer" or anything less than a great player and teammate. The injury sucks, I'm sure he's well aware just how much it sucks.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

musclestang wrote:
29 Sep 2023 05:21
in all his years here I've seen exactly zero instances where someone could legitimately say Bakhtiari was a "cancer" or anything less than a great player and teammate. The injury sucks, I'm sure he's well aware just how much it sucks.
Yeah, it's strange.

Great player all those years but now he's a "cancer" because he's shown support to presumably his best friend on social media and spoken his truth to what he believes will be a "rebuilding year" for the Packers, however subjective that is defined.

A truth, mind you, that is becoming arguably more evident by the week as defined by reasonable terms.

I hate that his knee has not responded the way he and the rest of us had hoped it would following the multiple surgeries. I'm certain nobody is more frustrated than he is. Why members here want to tear him down over an injury and subsequent failed recovery that he has/had no control over the final outcome is baffling.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thing is Bakhtiari never had to say a word during TC, he hasn't played up to contract in 2 years, we went and renegotiated his contract again, plays well in the first game, then it comes to playing on turf and the knee is swelled again and he can't play.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
29 Sep 2023 06:56
thing is Bakhtiari never had to say a word during TC, he hasn't played up to contract in 2 years, we went and renegotiated his contract again, plays well in the first game, then it comes to playing on turf and the knee is swelled again and he can't play.
What's your point, that he shouldn't have talked? Bak honestly answers the questions he's asked (he's said this repeatedly, he's not going to dodge a question and give a fake answer). He's been open with his feelings. You may not like it, but I think the honesty is refreshing.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Bakhtiari did not renegotiate his contract.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
So is it the contract thing that bothers you? His inability to live up to the terms of his contract due to the injury?

Shouldn't blame then be directed at the organization? The training staff? Or the GM for continually re-signing and re-working the contract?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Sep 2023 07:29
Yoop wrote:
So is it the contract thing that bothers you? His inability to live up to the terms of his contract due to the injury?

Shouldn't blame then be directed at the organization? The training staff? Or the GM for continually re-signing and re-working the contract?
everything, Bakhtiari can't do anything about his knee, but why inflame his situation by openly complaining about anything, why spout anything even remotely negative concerning the team, he gave the appearance of not even wanting to play for us any longer.

the time to replace players is a year early, meaning we hang onto old players a year to long, or at least don't even attempt to replace them except with a late round pick, our problem is all high picks go for defense, we new we where to thin at G or interior lineman, so we draft every position except OL man, not a single one, and those on the roster are very raw, so ya I do blame the GM.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I guess I don't approach everything looking to blame someone. Bahktiari just kind of tells it like it is. I don't see anything wrong with what he's said and I've never seen anything wrong with his approach or his level of play or commitment to the team.

The Front office reworked his contract because we could not move him. It's a pipe dream to think a guy that hasn't strung together 3 healthy games in over 2 years had much trade value with a monster contract. He was one of the top 3 tackles in the league when he got that contract, you don't let guys like that walk.

The injury sucks, for everybody. and by renegotiating it freed up about 10 million for this years cap. It did nothing really to the sunk money and he wasn't going anywhere this year anyway.

The injury just sucks, the FO is not to blame, neither is the player.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 15:30
This is on Gute for redoing his deal and basically making him unmovable this year.
When Gute extended him (not the restructure?) it was before his knee injury. Bak was considered one of the best LTs in the league and had no injury history. Tackles like him don't grow on trees and other top tackles his age are getting paid big bucks too. This development sucks.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

A cancer? Really?

I can understand the Packers' thinking. We are starting a new inexperienced QB so we should do all we can to protect him especially on the left side of line.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

musclestang wrote:
29 Sep 2023 09:01
I guess I don't approach everything looking to blame someone. Bahktiari just kind of tells it like it is. I don't see anything wrong with what he's said and I've never seen anything wrong with his approach or his level of play or commitment to the team.

The Front office reworked his contract because we could not move him. It's a pipe dream to think a guy that hasn't strung together 3 healthy games in over 2 years had much trade value with a monster contract. He was one of the top 3 tackles in the league when he got that contract, you don't let guys like that walk.

The injury sucks, for everybody. and by renegotiating it freed up about 10 million for this years cap. It did nothing really to the sunk money and he wasn't going anywhere this year anyway.

The injury just sucks, the FO is not to blame, neither is the player.
If he was this locker room cancer why did he agree with a restructure to free up 10 million in cap space?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yes, Bakh is a cancer.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto