Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Obviously, "decent shot" is really subjective, but, at the moment, they only face three teams the rest of the way (after Monday) that have winning records, three that are .500, and six that have one win or less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2023 14:01
Labrev wrote:
06 Oct 2023 11:55
go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2023 11:38

lol. Oh no. Smith covered Jefferson week 1 in 2022
Somehow I have no memory of that, but I do not doubt for a second that you are remembering it correctly.

I do give Barry some credit that the defense does make needed changes down the stretch. The second time we faced MIN, the gameplan was great. It seems to be some combination of MLF and the players forcing him to do so more than his own competence as a D-Coord, that is why I believe he's MLF's guy. I never saw anything like that from Pettine.

I still think he needs to be replaced, but I hold him in somewhat higher esteem than Pettin.
Yeah it was a situtation where MN caught us not "traveling" and forced our hand by putting Jefferson in a position that 91 had to cover him.

You can probably guess where the ball went to on that play. ;)
And when the ATL RB was isolated with Campbell. Where does Barry come up with these schemes?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
07 Oct 2023 16:20
go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2023 14:01
Labrev wrote:
06 Oct 2023 11:55

Somehow I have no memory of that, but I do not doubt for a second that you are remembering it correctly.

I do give Barry some credit that the defense does make needed changes down the stretch. The second time we faced MIN, the gameplan was great. It seems to be some combination of MLF and the players forcing him to do so more than his own competence as a D-Coord, that is why I believe he's MLF's guy. I never saw anything like that from Pettine.

I still think he needs to be replaced, but I hold him in somewhat higher esteem than Pettin.
Yeah it was a situtation where MN caught us not "traveling" and forced our hand by putting Jefferson in a position that 91 had to cover him.

You can probably guess where the ball went to on that play. ;)
And when the ATL RB was isolated with Campbell. Where does Barry come up with these schemes?
Campbell was covering Bijan out of the backfield. That’s pretty normal for a LB to be covering a RB. They sent him out wide and created a mismatch. That’s what Bijan can do.

At that point it’s out of Barry’s hands. The offense made an adjustment to their formation. The players on the field needed to make an adjustment on the fly.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
07 Oct 2023 15:56
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Oct 2023 16:19
I'm trying to figure out if the Packers have a snowball's chance of winning this game. Or are they going to tank like the Brewers did this week?
This might be the last team we have a decent shot at beating, even on the road, in a while. The Raiders are a mess. If we don't screw up too much we should be successful Monday night.
I'd say we have a good shot to win the next 4 games. Nobody scares me.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Cdragon wrote:
07 Oct 2023 17:04
Pugger wrote:
07 Oct 2023 15:56
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Oct 2023 16:19
I'm trying to figure out if the Packers have a snowball's chance of winning this game. Or are they going to tank like the Brewers did this week?
This might be the last team we have a decent shot at beating, even on the road, in a while. The Raiders are a mess. If we don't screw up too much we should be successful Monday night.
I'd say we have a good shot to win the next 4 games. Nobody scares me.
For some reason I didn't know we have the Broncos, Vikes and Rams after Monday night. The Rams are playing a lot better than last year and who knows which MN team will show up. Denver might be worse than LV. But with this young squad, though, you just never know. They seem to be prone to making mistakes with penalties and turnovers, especially on offense. These screwups cost us the Falcons game and caused the Detroit game to be an embarrassment. I am hoping these issues will improve as the season progresses.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Highly recommend this place to anyone coming to Vegas. The food is much like Mader’s in MKE. This place gets rowdy!! 0n the south side near the airport. PROST, GO PACK GO!!
Hoffbrau Haus Las Vegas
Hoffbrau Haus Las Vegas
IMG_5109.jpeg (452.02 KiB) Viewed 898 times
GO PACK GO!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Watson not on the report, Stokes is questionable and not out, that is promising he’ll at least be back by Denver in 2 weeks.

Tom and Jenkins both not on it at all.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
08 Oct 2023 06:54

Watson not on the report, Stokes is questionable and not out, that is promising he’ll at least be back by Denver in 2 weeks.

Tom and Jenkins both not on it at all.
:banana: :woohoo:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Dang, what's going on with Jonesy?

I wondered if the lack of touches for him was because he wasn't really healthy, but that it was too big of a game not to have him so we just needed to force him into it. God, hamstring injuries are so annoying.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Did Taylor get added to the roster? I don't remember seeing that. Did anyone replace Bak on the roster yet?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I have a bad feeling we are going to stay in 2 high, soft zone against Garoppolo and he is going to dink and dunk our defense to death while Jacobs runs wild because we are playing 2 gap nickel or dime almost the entire game...

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Labrev wrote:
09 Oct 2023 13:20
Dang, what's going on with Jonesy?

I wondered if the lack of touches for him was because he wasn't really healthy, but that it was too big of a game not to have him so we just needed to force him into it. God, hamstring injuries are so annoying
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I almost wonder if it got worse during the lions game. Has had an extra long week(almost 2) to improve the hammy playing 2 thursdays ago until now Monday. WTF??? Too bad because the team obviously misses a healthy A. Jones. :bkw:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I read a thing that said if we win tonight, our playoff chances go up to 60%. If we lose they fall to 40%. Big early game.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

My step-son is in Vegas on business this week. He told me that there were Packer fans on every corner. And he couldn't even tell if there was another team in town! Hahaha.

No, he isn't going to the game.
:-(
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Scott4Pack wrote:
09 Oct 2023 15:26
My step-son is in Vegas on business this week. He told me that there were Packer fans on every corner. And he couldn't even tell if there was another team in town! Hahaha.

No, he isn't going to the game.
:-(
Ditto. We’re seeing the same thing. Packer fans everywhere. Engaging with fellow Packer fans in Viva Las Vegas!!
:banana: :banana:
GO PACK GO!!!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 14:53
I have a bad feeling we are going to stay in 2 high, soft zone against Garoppolo and he is going to dink and dunk our defense to death while Jacobs runs wild because we are playing 2 gap nickel or dime almost the entire game...
The only redeeming thing about this scenario is I need a good night from Davante in two fantasy leagues. A Joe Barry called defense is just what the doctor ordered.

If Love and the Packers offense can outscore what Barry is sure to give Adams and the Raiders offense and pull out a win, I'll be in la-la land.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So no Aaron Jones tonight. :roll:

29 days ago he said his hamstring felt good enough to tee tee the game if he had to.

It has now ended up costing him >25% of the entire season.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
09 Oct 2023 15:52
So no Aaron Jones tonight. :roll:

29 days ago he said his hamstring felt good enough to tee tee the game if he had to.

It has now ended up costing him >25% of the entire season.
And don't forget Stokes. He's not quite ready yet, either. Another two weeks ought to do it, though... :roll:

This training staff, whether it be preventing or healing injuries, has arguably become a liability.