Be grateful you're not a 49er fan

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

British wrote:
01 May 2020 17:57
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 May 2020 17:45
I was there in person live on both January 6, 1996 and January 11, 1998 when the Packers beat them handily both times. As I recall for both games the Niners fans did not seem devastated as they left 3-COM Park.

T'was much different when the Packers lost to the Giants in the 2007 NFC Championship Game. Leaving Lambeau Field that night was somber. No one said anything. Just left and quietly disappeared in to the evening. It was exhausting game partly due the single digit temperature.

GO PACK GO !! :beer2:
But imagine losing two Superbowls in 7 years! That's plenty sombre.
You think it's better to not get to any Superbowls rather than getting to two of them in the last few years? I can't say I agree with this logic.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2020 01:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
01 May 2020 23:39
I will just say, I would rather loss the super bowl than the NFCCG!
Same I don’t understand.
there not the same, and you know there not the same, why even comment if it's just to make contrite comment :idn:

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

williewasgreat wrote:
02 May 2020 05:09
British wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 May 2020 17:45
I was there in person live on both January 6, 1996 and January 11, 1998 when the Packers beat them handily both times. As I recall for both games the Niners fans did not seem devastated as they left 3-COM Park.

T'was much different when the Packers lost to the Giants in the 2007 NFC Championship Game. Leaving Lambeau Field that night was somber. No one said anything. Just left and quietly disappeared in to the evening. It was exhausting game partly due the single digit temperature.

GO PACK GO !! :beer2:
But imagine losing two Superbowls in 7 years! That's plenty sombre.
You think it's better to not get to any Superbowls rather than getting to two of them in the last few years? I can't say I agree with this logic.
Yes. Winning Championships is really what matters. We're called Titletown for a reason. 2nd place is just the folks who will feel the most devastated during the offseason, and maybe longer than that. The Bengals fans had a bad season last year but their fans are feeling more excited now than they ever have been. The Dolphins deliberately tanked. Losing seasons are not that bad (half the league has them every year) and they come with the promise of rebirth. Losing a Superbowl final is the ultimate choke job. If you're going to get there, you better win the thing.

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

Lombardi :lombardi: is all that matters! I will say this; since smoking has been banned at 1265, the George S Halas trophy has been upgraded from ash tray to door stop! :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Raptorman wrote:
01 May 2020 19:57
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 May 2020 18:38
British wrote:

But imagining losing two Superbowls in 7 years! That's plenty sombre.
Oh yeah. That Super Bowl 32 nightmare was a very bad day for Packers fans. The 4th quarter was brutal. Glad I was not there in person that day. Watching on TV was bad enough. Still see the Elway cartwheel highlight every once in awhile on NFL Network. Now we know what Cowboys think when they re-watch the Tom Brown INT and the Ice Bowl 31 Wedge play. Ouch! :clap:
I laugh at your perception of pain. You have no idea..................
I guess my pain may have been dulled by the 1970s and 1980s. Oddly I have almost zero recollection of the Packers playoff win over the St Louis Cardinals in the 1982 season playoffs (Dickey threw 4 TDs and had a 150 QB rating that day), the Packers playoff loss to the Cowboys in the 1982 season playoffs, and Packers playoff loss to the Redskins in the 1972 season. But I do remember Brockington, Lane, Hunter, Carr, McGeorge, Buchanon, Ellis, McCoy, Roche, Carter, etc. from the 1972 team. The Packers are 35-23 overall in the playoffs. Too many games to remember I guess. I do recall everything from the Favre-White-Holmgren-Wolf era forward. That's all I can figure.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

British wrote:
02 May 2020 03:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
I get that. In theory. But reading the thread from the 49ers forum they were devastated. They were 10 points up with 8 minutes to go and choked away a Superbowl ring. That will haunt them for decades.

Getting beat in the NFCCG is just one more defeat and will be forgotten about. Not nearly the same level of pain.
The worst in being up 16 and having your coaches not realize a fake FG was coming when mathematically it only makes sense for them to go for it. Or a player trying to put his mark on the season and dropping an onside kick instead of blocking. Or a rookie safety not knowing how to play the ball in the air on a prayer pass on a 2 pt conversion. Or getting beat over the top in OT to lose.

What about going toe to toe with a good Cardinals team in which the defense plays lights out until OT where Dumbarious Randall thinks we’re in zone instead of man and turn Fitz lose on 3rd and long.

There was the time the 49ers were driving I believe tied and Kaep throws a bad ball right into Hyde for a pick 6 and he drops it.

Or getting embarrassed in the last 2 NFC games.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2020 05:16
lupedafiasco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Same I don’t understand.
there not the same, and you know there not the same, why even comment if it's just to make contrite comment :idn:
I would rather be runner up than be 3rd or 4th place. Maybe I’m weird. I would like to see as many Packers games as I can a year.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2020 07:09
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2020 05:16
lupedafiasco wrote:

Same I don’t understand.
I would rather be runner up than be 3rd or 4th place. Maybe I’m weird. I would like to see as many Packers games as I can a year.
well that was the point I think 23 was trying to make, I'd rather lose a SB then not to have even played in one.

sure people make fun of the vikes or Bills or other teams that lose SB's specially everyone they ever played in, but they still played well enough to get there, and in my book that says a lot, those where still some really great teams.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2020 07:08
British wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
I get that. In theory. But reading the thread from the 49ers forum they were devastated. They were 10 points up with 8 minutes to go and choked away a Superbowl ring. That will haunt them for decades.

Getting beat in the NFCCG is just one more defeat and will be forgotten about. Not nearly the same level of pain.
The worst in being up 16 and having your coaches not realize a fake FG was coming when mathematically it only makes sense for them to go for it. Or a player trying to put his mark on the season and dropping an onside kick instead of blocking. Or a rookie safety not knowing how to play the ball in the air on a prayer pass on a 2 pt conversion. Or getting beat over the top in OT to lose.

What about going toe to toe with a good Cardinals team in which the defense plays lights out until OT where Dumbarious Randall thinks we’re in zone instead of man and turn Fitz lose on 3rd and long.

There was the time the 49ers were driving I believe tied and Kaep throws a bad ball right into Hyde for a pick 6 and he drops it.

Exactly.

You just summarized why this forum is always so mad all the time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

salmar80 wrote:
02 May 2020 03:01
So, in this "who has the most pain" -competition, does the one with most or least pain win? I'm confused. :dunno: :munch:
No one wins. Just typical offseason banter. People always ragged on the Vikings and Bill for losing 4 Super Bowl. But before they won, no one ever mentioned Denver losing 4. Only the Vikings and Bills.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2020 07:08
British wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Nice try but none of those come close to being up 10 in the Superbowl with 8 minutes to go. And it being your second Superbowl choke job in 7 years.

The Seahawks NFC title loss would have hurt a lot more if the Seahawks had gone on to beat the Patriots. But once they threw that pick on the goal line it took away much of the pain of the NFCCG for me.

Had they won in the final our defeat would go down in history as a shocker remembered for the ages. But once they made an even bigger screw up the timeline was altered, no one cares how the Superbowl loser got there, and their pain and derision is amplified far more than ours.

Man, I suspect the Seahawks fans are still recovering from that. It's so much worse throwing it away in the Superbowl.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!