Week 7 Post-Game: Broncos 19 Packers 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Oct 2023 20:09
go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:40
Yeah we are on pace to seeing a difficult path of getting 6 wins.

The first 7 quarters of the season were a lot of fun. But it's just been so downhill since that Wicks TD in Atlanta.
This team needs to lose out and get pick 1 or 2 and choose Williams or May. I think they can do it. 4 wins will be a struggle. Of course Getenbum would screw it up and trade the pick because he won't want to admit itcwas a mistake picking Love.
If Gute was "that committed" to Love like you want to push, Love would have a contract by now.

Getting the top 2 picks will be tough. And for those who say the franchise is doomed...the Lions were what 1-6 last year? And then have gone on a tear ever since.

We can turn this around at any point.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 20:20
wallyuwl wrote:
22 Oct 2023 20:09
go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:40
Yeah we are on pace to seeing a difficult path of getting 6 wins.

The first 7 quarters of the season were a lot of fun. But it's just been so downhill since that Wicks TD in Atlanta.
This team needs to lose out and get pick 1 or 2 and choose Williams or May. I think they can do it. 4 wins will be a struggle. Of course Getenbum would screw it up and trade the pick because he won't want to admit itcwas a mistake picking Love.
If Gute was "that committed" to Love like you want to push, Love would have a contract by now.

Getting the top 2 picks will be tough. And for those who say the franchise is doomed...the Lions were what 1-6 last year? And then have gone on a tear ever since.

We can turn this around at any point.
This is another point I brought up. If Love was really good he would have had his option picked up. It wasn’t. They have an extension but it’s not fully guaranteed.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:55
The whole passive aggressive Aaron Rodgers stuff doesn't make sense guys.

He wasn't good last year. Yes the 2022 Packers weren't good but neither was Rodgers. We all know the failures.

The 1st round pick in 2020 is starting to look like it was the wrong pick. We should have signed OBJ. We made the wrong personnel moves in the playoffs.

And yes. Gute, MLF, Love are getting warmer seats.

But MLF, Gute and Rodgers also assmebled great teams and good moves 2019 - 2021 until they got burned in the postseason.

Not every post has to start with "I've been saying for years that we will eventually be bad" Teams have lulls. We are experiencing it. Hopefully we don't stay bad for long time.
Yep Rodgers was the problem - that is what Lupe said.

You don't need a thumb to throw a football. It's a useless appendage.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

MLF and Gute deserve this.

After seeing them high fiving and cheering when they drafted Love I knew karma would be coming. We need a clean out - Murphy, Gute, MLF, Love - you're fired.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

https://eu.packersnews.com/story/sports ... 243860007/

Pretty reasonable article that should calm everyone down.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

bud fox wrote:
22 Oct 2023 20:36
We need a clean out - Murphy, Gute, MLF, Love - you're fired.
lmao

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

German_Panzer wrote:
22 Oct 2023 20:51
https://eu.packersnews.com/story/sports ... 243860007/

Pretty reasonable article that should calm everyone down.
It’s behind a paywall here in the US. I had to set my VPN to Germany in order to read it.

But yes, level headed analysis based on weeks 1-5 play. This week’s poor showing only adds to the growing angst, though.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If we started Love in year one…and he sucked…it’s on Love alone pretty much. We’d just punt and move on.

Love failing after 3 years of riding the bench and allegedly being trained and molded by Lafleur is a Lafleur problem.

He’s failing the test
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I can’t read it, but I expected weeks like this and was hoping for better.

I like this team continues to show some punch when they could punch out.

But they aren’t giving me much else as a fan. D has had a few weeks of keeping scores low, great. But we’ve also played some of the leagues worst and when we needed to stop them sometimes we haven’t done a great job.

And offensively, oline is a problem, but also one thing I’ve noticed is Love is late on a lot of throws. He can throw it well, he’s still not consistent and I still don’t think he really trusts things he sees in real time to just react and make the play.

Worst case he doesn’t see it and will never anticipate. I hope that’s not the case

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:

After seeing them high fiving and cheering when they drafted Love I knew karma would be coming. We need a clean out - Murphy, Gute, MLF, Love - you're fired.
You didn't see them high five each other. They weren't in the same room.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:46
bud fox wrote:

Yes they were - war room that draft. MLF and Gute - i watched the draft.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:50
go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:

It was 2020. Everyone conducted the draft remotely.

Gute's "war room" was in his living room. He hugged his kids.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:55
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:

:rotf: :aok:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:55
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:

MLF is his son isn't he?

My bad I must have foggy brain from the Covid.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Conducting a draft at home with kids in the room helps explain why he made a franchise altering blunder. I suggest a more professional environment next pandemic.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Belichick's dog was the star of that draft :mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Love isn't failing due to coaching or bad reads or interceptions or Fields-esque "instincts" (i.e. too dumb to be able to handle more than one read). He does all that stuff well (which reflects well on coaching or just the fact that he spent 3 years on the bench learning the system). Love is failing (if you could call it that) because he is inaccurate. Historically this has been difficult to fix, but he's also not as bad as say, Dak Prescott.

I've been quite pleased with his reads and decision-making all year. For a first year starter, he's actually been pretty great. One key tell that he's competent is the amount of times he has taken off and run with it when the play breaks down or when the first couple of reads aren't open (almost never). This is actually a rare skill. He's probably in the top 10 of QBs already when it comes to the brain aspect of the game (during the play). Pre-play however, it would stand to reason that he's still got some room for improvement because our line play has been complete dog &%$@, and this was an area that Rodgers would historically manage pre-snap. And then of course accuracy sucks (he has one of the lowest completion percentages in the league).

If this was Madden, I would give him

90 intelligence
80 speed (meh, who know actually)
65 accuracy
85 arm strength
80 pre-snap reads
95 post-snap reads

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

One of the major traits that separates good college QBs from good pro QBs is the ability to anticipate on throws. This is a major weakness of Love as a QB. He waits too long to make throws. He needs to anticipate and make the throw sooner. He just can't seem to do this, which is why he only seems good at short throws and even then his accuracy is not what it needs to be. Accuracy can improve for QBs and Love really needs to work on this aspect of his game. He needs to stop under-throwing deep balls and put some mustard on some of his throws. It's like he is trying to place the ball into spots. He's not playing darts, he's playing football.

The other major problem I see with Love is that his decision-making is not good. He really makes decisions that leave me scratching my head. He makes check down throws sometimes when he needs to go deeper and he makes poor deep throws that are not open when he needs to take the check down. Hopefully, with coaching this will improve over time.

The one caveat I have with Love's performance lately is how bad the OL has been. I'm not sure why Walker is still playing LT. He makes too many mistakes and simply looks lost. The interior OL has been way too inconsistent in both run and pass blocking. It's got to be really hard to play QB behind that mess of an OL. As others have stated, much of this falls on the coaches and front office.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well this sucks. The Packers just lost the 2 games they were most favored to win. The easiest games on the schedule, except maybe Da Bears. It is very possible they will not win another game this season, maybe just 1.

The Oline sucks. Just plain sucks. Only Jenkins and Tom are competent and neither is more than that, Jenkins is still favoring the knee and Tom is still not mature. Walker looked good until opposing teams leaned his weaknesses. Now he is playing scared. JRJ is no longer an improving young player but going downhill - maybe an injury, maybe bad coaching. Myers just got hurt and wasn't more than a guy before he got hurt. And Nijman is another player that will never be more than just a guy. Of the top 8, 3 are just guys, 1 is a late round draft choice a year ago that is not ready to start, 1 is a 2nd year man how could not beat out Newman, 1 is Newman and 1 is apparently still not healthy. And then there is Bakh.

Looks like Watson is out for weeks.

On D, Alexander may be fighting those back problems until surgery and IR for the rest of the season. Since Stokes is out again, the Packers are starting a late round rookie at CB. The slot corner needs to go back to being a full time kick returner. And Campbell has a long term injury.

But that is not the real problem. The real problem is the coaching. The entire training staff needs to be fired and all the coaches except Stenavich need to be fired - with Stenavich going back to what he was good at, coaching the Oline. That includes both MLF and Barry, fire them both.

I guess I should have remained a skeptic instead of starting the season as a fan. :oops:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:

NO way MLF applauded the Love pick, MLF was brought here to win games, and Love was not going to make that happen as long as Rodgers was here, which he was under contract for 3 more years at the time.

Buds wrong about that, I bet Lafleurs reaction was about the same as mine, yours, and every other Packers fan, who felt a WR should have been the pick that day