Week 13 Post Game: Packers 27 Chiefs 19

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I lost TV coverage and ability to post after the non fumble on the last drive. Had to pull up the NFL App on my phone to end it.

Holy crap you guys. What a game. I had a sneaky thought we could upset but kept my expectations low. This is a good football team. We could legit ruin some seasons in a month.

This team has always been fun. They just needed to gel but boy did they gel far faster than I ever dreamed they would.

Jordan Love is SUCH a leader. I am so proud of everyone at 1265 Lombardi.

Yes Valentine got away with DPI. No there should not have been DPI on the hail mary. 8 guys were fighting for the same real estate. Thought a bit too much attention was put on the non calls in the end. The Packers were clearly the better team all night. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Last edited by go pak go on 04 Dec 2023 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 06:54
I was, I expected this all along, if this doesn't look like a team that could have double digit wins I don't know what does, KC is a great example of what happens when ya only have several skill position players that produce

Chiefs' wide receivers, passing offense: Chiefs receivers have been maligned this season, and they aren’t doing much to quiet the criticism.

Rashee Rice was the only Chiefs wide receiver with more than three receptions. The Chiefs' entire pass offense is being carried by Rice, tight end Travis Kelce and running back Isiah Pacheco, the only players with three or more receptions in the loss.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-vs- ... 03612.html

nice to watch us play a complete game, we beat KC at just about everything, Mahomes ended up with a 80 QBR, the defense stepped up big, most satisfying win in a long time.
Crazy how they were able to win the Super Bowl with almost that same exact group, huh? ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Post-game locker room address:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Any word on Watson?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:15
Yoop wrote:
I was, I expected this all along, if this doesn't look like a team that could have double digit wins I don't know what does, KC is a great example of what happens when ya only have several skill position players that produce

Chiefs' wide receivers, passing offense: Chiefs receivers have been maligned this season, and they aren’t doing much to quiet the criticism.

Rashee Rice was the only Chiefs wide receiver with more than three receptions. The Chiefs' entire pass offense is being carried by Rice, tight end Travis Kelce and running back Isiah Pacheco, the only players with three or more receptions in the loss.

nice to watch us play a complete game, we beat KC at just about everything, Mahomes ended up with a 80 QBR, the defense stepped up big, most satisfying win in a long time.
Crazy how they were able to win the Super Bowl with almost that same exact group, huh? ;)
short the 950 yrd from Shuster, sustaining success while so limited catches up with all teams :|

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man. Not to play the "would if" game.

But imagine if Jaire Alexander caught the easy Pick 6 in Atlanta and the refs knew what a backwards pass looked like in Pittsburgh. This team would legit be right with SF in the national media.

Maybe I am glad they lost those games. :idn:
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

A massive part of the offensive success was Watson being healthy and looking like a WR1. He was taking pressure off all the other guys. Shame he hurt himself. I hope he’s back by the playoffs. We might can get by without him for a few weeks, but things look a lot different without him.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Food for thought:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:29
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

short the 950 yrd from Shuster, sustaining success while so limited catches up with all teams :|
FFS can we please move on from this debate. The Packers just defeated the world champs on SNF and this is what you're gonna bring to the post-game chat??

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Watson looked like he’s going to be fine. Maybe they’ll rest him a game or two but it looked like he just tweaked it a bit and wasn’t receiving medical attention on the sideline or locker room.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I remember another team that started slowly, had a ton of injury's, then caught fire late in the season and did marvelous things. :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I also gotta say.

Sunday Night Football. Top Level QB star. Top level receiver. Everyone expects the top guys to win. You see them pull out 3rd and 18's out of busted plays. You watch State Farm commercials of these players non stop. And you watch the mighty fall on Prime Time TV.

I gotta say it was REALLY fun being on the other end of beating up the State Farm darling boys last night. There is just nothing like being the young gun darlins ruining the script. :banana: :banana:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:35
I remember another team that started slowly, had a ton of injury's, then caught fire late in the season and did marvelous things. :aok:
We didn't start that slow in 2010. We instead just lost 2 games like every month. We actually lost 2 games in December that year.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:33
Watson looked like he’s going to be fine. Maybe they’ll rest him a game or two but it looked like he just tweaked it a bit and wasn’t receiving medical attention on the sideline or locker room.
Agreed. I was relieved to see him leave the medical tent as quick as he did.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:32
Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:29
Acrobat wrote:

FFS can we please move on from this debate. The Packers just defeated the world champs on SNF and this is what you're gonna bring to the post-game chat??
sorry
Last edited by Yoop on 04 Dec 2023 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't think Watson will ever be a true #1 because I don't think his route running is ever going to be that good. But I always thought he could absolutely have a role with the right WR group because he is such a threat. I think we have that group. Doubs is a fantastic #4. Wicks is your great long-term best route runner and Reed is your electric slot.

This WR room could rival the 2009 - 2012 group.

And it might even be better. :shock:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:40
I don't think Watson will ever be a true #1 because I don't think his route running is ever going to be that good. But I always thought he could absolutely have a role with the right WR group because he is such a threat. I think we have that group. Doubs is a fantastic #4. Wicks is your great long-term best route runner and Reed is your electric slot.

This WR room could rival the 2009 - 2012 group.

And it might even be better. :shock:
finally

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:37
Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:35
We didn't start that slow in 2010. We instead just lost 2 games like every month. We actually lost 2 games in December that year.
wow, so according to you losing 2 games a month isn't starting slow :thwap:

you people make it so hard to root for this team, guess I'am not as emotionally charged as some of you younger guys. :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This dawned on me:

Rookie TEs don't usually do much positive. We have Musgrave delivering immediately, and when Kraft got his opportunity, made the most of it. OK!

Reed is already our best slot since young Cobb. Wicks is great depth.

Clifford hasn't dropped the clipboard yet.

Brooks has 3 sacks as 6th round DL rookie, wtf. Value doesn't get much better.

Except for Valentine - who has no right to be as good as he is.

Carlson sure is kicking.

Now THAT's an instant impact draft if I ever saw one.