Week 15 Post-Game: Bucs-34 Packers-20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:20
go pak go wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:09
Bad performance. Playoffs are out of the question. This team is gonna get eliminated by the Bears of the Panthers don’t do it next week or the Vikings after that.
A lot of words to simply say one more loss knocks us out of the playoffs :lol:
No I was saying this team WILL lose one more game. Not a matter of if or who.
Not a very bold statement.

When is any team expected to win 3 games in a row?

Name one of 32 teams and state your wager. I’ll call it. They win 3 times, I’ll pay you, they lose any game, you pay me.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Also as crappy as our defense played they gifted Love and the offense a touchdown with that turnover deep in their own territory. Without that how many points did Love and the offense put up? They FRICKEN have to be better. Sorry but there are Love apologists out there.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:22
wallyuwl wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:00
I am back to just tank for the draft pick. Need a LT. The only difference is that I think Love can be at least an average starter and probably better. He has come a long way. Needs to be more consistent with footwork and deep accuracy. Also learn better the type of throw (bullet, lofty, etc) needed in certain situations. But the more he plays the better he gets. Definitely not a $40 million guy, though, not yet.
Many of the same thoughts I have had. To me, the worst defensive performance of the year. It was kind of like first half of the first lions game. Defense not able to make the play to get off the field.
Not giving up on Love or anything but he can definitely improve. Here is take I have about him and yes, O line is part of the problem, but not completely.

He has a tendency to start drifting straight back in the pocket with slower developing plays/ maybe deeper routes, which leads to weak, craps throws off balance, off back foot. Sometimes he has gotten away with it but, to me, its going to be a big problem until he starts trying to stand his ground and step up in pocket to throw, or, sneak through pressure to run or drift more lateral. Like I said, and I understand that O line needs to be better, but its something for him to work on.
But how many times does Love have a nice scoring drive to get close or take the lead and our soft D allows our opponent to march right down the field on a long time consuming drive?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:29
Also as crappy as our defense played they gifted Love and the offense a touchdown with that turnover deep in their own territory. Without that how many points did Love and the offense put up? They FRICKEN have to be better. Sorry but there are Love apologists out there.
Absolutely the offense needs to be better. Absolutely Jordan Love needs to continue to improve.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:30
But how many times does Love have a nice scoring drive to get close or take the lead and our soft D allows our opponent to march right down the field on a long time consuming drive?
The defense does this way too much. Yes. Defense seemingly underperforms all too often considering how much draft capital has been used on it. Your not wrong pugger

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
We should have kicked the FG there instead of going for it. MLF got lucky we got a turnover and scored a TD instead. What was the difference in time of possession?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

How many snaps did Aaron Jones play today?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

image.png
image.png (8.28 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Panthers won today. We could throw the game against them and possibly cost the Bears the top pick depending on draft tie breakers

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Only other opposing player to post a perfect rating in Lambeau was Randall Cunningham in 1998.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I am starting to think that a healthy Christian Watson is the most important player on the packer offense. I think I was mostly wrong about him early in the year.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:41
image.png
Oh wow. Just looking at the score and what Red Zone showed I wouldn't have guessed that.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:45
I am starting to think that a healthy Christian Watson is the most important player on the packer offense. I think I was mostly wrong about him early in the year.
Unfortunately he can't stay on the field. :?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Bucs has 9 possessions today.

On one, they successfully ran out the clock to end the game. So that was a successful drive for them, but let’s just not count it since the goal want to score.

The other 8 drives were
- 1 punt
- 1 fumble lost
- 2 FG
- 4 TD

6 of 8 scoring drives. Pathetic.

The chiefs game was mostly the same with fewer possessions.

The giants have at least stopped them like half the time but they had 11 possessions and missed a FG

It’s just who this defense is. While Love and the offense certainly are still a work in progress, I can’t understand any other top line complain about this team. The opposition just scores points more often than they don’t. Significantly more often.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Media getting after it

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 16:02
Media getting after it

Delay tactic. Means he's still both clueless and inept.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
Yeah we were 2 out of 5 in the RZ. Need to be better to play winning ball.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

MY_TAKE wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:45
Obviously I meant other than QB with is always the most important part of an offense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 15:25
I knew baker was gonna nickel and dime the heck out of our zone. The way to stop baker is to blitz the heck out of him. Rattle the little guy and he gets irratic.

Pretty much the opposite of out play style
I would take nickle and diming.

Today they were quartering and half dollaring.

Their yards per play was very high. The only time they got 5 yard plays was when it was 3rd and 3.

But if it's 2nd and 29? No problem...they will just get 25 freaking yards through our zone. :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Dec 2023 16:08
BF004 wrote:
17 Dec 2023 16:02
Media getting after it

Delay tactic. Means he's still both clueless and inept.
I don't have a problem with those answers. What good is throwing Barry under the bus to the media? Let's wait and see what Matt DOES and not what he says.