Joe Barry

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Trudge wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:29
go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:01
Trudge wrote:
26 Dec 2023 11:54

We had another 32nd in stats that day. Oh Mo...

He took the HC position at his college Citadel, can you guess his first record? I'll give you a hint... :(
Yeah but that's not Barry's fault.

We all know the issues of STs and Offense erasing quite possibly the most dominating playoff game in Packers history.
I'd have to go back and watch it.

As for Barry...man, I just don't know. I think the Ghost of Pettine may have been alive yet. Our cornerbacks and ILBs seem to have made there positions very clear. Between Campbell, Walker and Smith guarding the WRs or CBs playing 8-10 yards off on 4th and 3 it hasn't looked good.
Alright we are not syncing with our communication.

We both agree Barry needs to go. I full heartedly agree with that.

I was doing a simple reponse to your question of asking if Barry had done anything in the league as only pointing out his other stints as a 0-16 Lions D Coordinator.

I simply tried to be fair to Barry by explaining his 2021 season was actually good and his 2021 postseason was down right incredible and he should get credit for that. Doesn't mean I want him. I was just being fair that his 2021 postseason performance was incredible. Because it was incredible and it's too bad the STs and offense didn't allow him to have his legacy lore cemented in GB history due to the loss.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:40
Trudge wrote:
go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:01

Yeah but that's not Barry's fault.

We all know the issues of STs and Offense erasing quite possibly the most dominating playoff game in Packers history.

As for Barry...man, I just don't know. I think the Ghost of Pettine may have been alive yet. Our cornerbacks and ILBs seem to have made there positions very clear. Between Campbell, Walker and Smith guarding the WRs or CBs playing 8-10 yards off on 4th and 3 it hasn't looked good.

I was doing a simple reponse to your question of asking if Barry had done anything in the league as only pointing out his other stints as a 0-16 Lions D Coordinator.

I simply tried to be fair to Barry by explaining his 2021 season was actually good and his 2021 postseason was down right incredible and he should get credit for that. Doesn't mean I want him. I was just being fair that his 2021 postseason performance was incredible. Because it was incredible and it's too bad the STs and offense didn't allow him to have his legacy lore cemented in GB history due to the loss.
I know, Barry's 2021 addition of his defense has exceeded everything ever since then, again how does a pass rush group go from 33 total pressures against Detroit and arguably a very good OL, to averaging about 8 total pressures a game the rest of the season, imho that is a situational phenomenon, the only way that happens to me is that players are taking plays off, not giving a 100% shedding blocks, sure there are tons of un called holding involved, sure Barry and Montgomery use some ridiculous pre snap alignments, but 33 pressures in one game to such a drastic decline takes premeditated thought to accomplish, so weird :thwap:

there is no way for me to wrap my brain around that sorta decline

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Check this out Packers fans:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/coaches-roster/

The Ravens have 2 senior football analyst guys with 17 and 20 years experience, respectively, responsible for GAME PLANNING. What a concept! :bkw:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:54
go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 12:40
Trudge wrote:

I know, Barry's 2021 addition of his defense has exceeded everything ever since then, again how does a pass rush group go from 33 total pressures against Detroit and arguably a very good OL, to averaging about 8 total pressures a game the rest of the season, imho that is a situational phenomenon, the only way that happens to me is that players are taking plays off, not giving a 100% shedding blocks, sure there are tons of un called holding involved, sure Barry and Montgomery use some ridiculous pre snap alignments, but 33 pressures in one game to such a drastic decline takes premeditated thought to accomplish, so weird :thwap:

there is no way for me to wrap my brain around that sorta decline
My primary guess is you are comparing stats that shouldn't be compared. In esscencse, you are doing apple to oranges analysis. 33 pressures to 8 pressures is pretty drastic. I can't comment on the Bucs game but I am very, very sure we did more than 8 pressures vs both NYG and CAR based on the eye test and quick stat memory.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I was doing a simple reponse to your question of asking if Barry had done anything in the league as only pointing out his other stints as a 0-16 Lions D Coordinator
He has. Redskins he spent 2 seasons before being fired. Jaguars he spent nearly the whole day before being let go to take the same job at USC. His second stint with the Bucs didn't go as planned and he was let go after 2 seasons. So yeah, quite a few stints in all the wrong places.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'd look for somebody that already has a connection to MLF for our next DC. MLF wants loyalty. Who is out there that is NOT a retread and IS known by MLF? That's where we need to look.

I'm not against a guy like Zimmer who has loads of experience. The only thing about that is we've gone that way and found guys who probably weren't as motivated to disguise their concepts and such. I was somebody who has a lot to prove and wants to!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 13:28
My primary guess is you are comparing stats that shouldn't be compared. In esscencse, you are doing apple to oranges analysis. 33 pressures to 8 pressures is pretty drastic. I can't comment on the Bucs game but I am very, very sure we did more than 8 pressures vs both NYG and CAR based on the eye test and quick stat memory.
your right, PFF as I said are gracious with there grades, actually our over all pressures are close to the Ravens, the biggest difference is there better in coverage and stopping the run according from these PFR grades.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... vanced.htm

PFF gave us 36 pressures against the Bears to start the season, and next best out put was this last game against the Lions at 33 I don't feel like paying PFF to know what they tabulated for each game, PFR has us at 8 pressures a game, one service seems high, the other lower then meets the eye test.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Dec 2023 14:40
go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2023 13:28
your right, PFF as I said are gracious with there grades, actually our over all pressures are close to the Ravens, the biggest difference is there better in coverage and stopping the run according from these PFR grades.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... vanced.htm

PFF gave us 36 pressures against the Bears to start the season, and next best out put was this last game against the Lions at 33 I don't feel like paying PFF to know what they tabulated for each game, PFR has us at 8 pressures a game, one service seems high, the other lower then meets the eye test.
Yeah we don't need to get into the whole PFF vs PFR thing again.

But what you stated confirms it. You are comparing apples to oranges. You cannot compare one game (the Lions) using PFF and the subsequent games to PFR.

I also might guess that PFR is doing Pressure Plays whereas PFF is doing total pressures. Like one play might have awarded 3 pressures because Smith, Gary and Clark got a pressure vs Detroit whereas the PFR "8 average" is counting one play as One.

So I don't think what you're has any real substance.
Yoop wrote: