Packers Vikings Post Game 33-10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Now what

SB Champs
19%
Conference Champs
5%
Divisional Champs
10%
Wild card champs
43%
We want the ball and we gon lose
19%
Top 17 draft pick
5%

Total votes: 21

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Jorden Love owns the Bears, we saw that 18 weeks ago, hopefully the Bears come to play and give us a better tune up then the hapless Vikings, would love to see Love with every chamber loaded, Watson, Reed, Wicks, Doubs, Kraft, Musgrave, Jones and Dillon, I doubt have the secondary to manifest PO wins after the WC round, but ya never know, heck Gary might actually start to play up to the contract he just got, minus the 6 sacks he got in 2 games, he's got 3 sacks in the other 14 games, come on dude, (maybe he's hurt?)

better defensive out put this year and this would have been a double digit win team, whatever, there sure trending that way on offense.

looked at 2 mocker drafts, and that kid from Iowa is ranked #2 in one and #4 CB in the other, so we might be able to win a PO game and still get him. :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The best outcome for the young team is to absolutely make the playoffs. You can still move on from Barry after the season. Not a problem.

But cmon, no young core ever wins a SB on their very first try at it. They make a little noise and then get bounced, and then come back in the future with experience and proper mindset.

Would be very good to get a little experience right now. Would help a lot the next time we take a swing.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:30
I guess I'm not the only one who loves to chant BO.

This offense loves each other.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
sometimes a little revolution is a good thing, don't you think? Sean Connery, hunt for Red October :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Waldo wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:24
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:09
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jan 2024 07:34

Though I also want that high-IQ athletic DB from Iowa and a DC that can move him around to different spots to maximize his effectiveness... so maybe I do care a little about draft stock, haha
I still think our best long term outcome for the Packers is Love and the offense looks great but our defense sh*ts the bed and allows the opponent to put up 37+ points to end our season.

Honestly the earlier it happens the better.
Hard disagree.

Playoff football is a different animal that doesn't follow the rules of the regular season. The intensity ratchets up a good bit. Rising teams typically need to get beat a few times in the playoffs to figure it out (90's Packers were a classic case).

Playoff experience would be super valuable for this young team. I don't expect them to do much this year, but having playoff experience under their belt come playoff time next year will be where it pays dividends. Especially for Love.
Yeah. I wouldn't read into my last sentence too hard. I too think playoff experience is great. I've said that many times the past 8 wees for this team.

Dropping WC weekend would get us like a 20th pick and not be too late in the DC search game. That's definitely a win for us. Would be interesting to see us play Dallas/Philly and see how we stack up.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:43
NCF wrote:
sometimes a little revolution is a good thing, don't you think? Sean Connery, hunt for Red October :lol:
My honest thoughts?

I don't think that locker room (offense in particular) really cares about Jaire Alexander. The train is rolling. Jaw can either choose to get on or stay off it.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man it's crazy.

Rewatching. Love should legit had 2 more TDs last night. He should have had a 5 TD game and run in score.

Danget. There is just so much more meat on that bone.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:45
Yoop wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:43
NCF wrote:
My honest thoughts?

I don't think that locker room (offense in particular) really cares about Jaire Alexander. The train is rolling. Jaw can either choose to get on or stay off it.
Agree with this.

Alexander has basically “shenanigan’d” his way out of a significant leadership and influence role with the team. Yeah, I’m sure he’s still respected for his abilities but I think the greater team momentum has passed Jaire by. He can choose to either get on board or get left behind.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2024 09:31
Alexander has basically “shenanigan’d” his way out of a significant leadership and influence role with the team. Yeah, I’m sure he’s still respected for his abilities but I think the greater team momentum has passed Jaire by. He can choose to either get on board or get left behind.
It kind of shows the captain vote of a few years where Jaire was voted in ahead of Za'Darius in a different light. Maybe Z had a legitimate gripe.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
01 Jan 2024 09:45
APB wrote:
It kind of shows the captain vote of a few years where Jaire was voted in ahead of Za'Darius in a different light. Maybe Z had a legitimate gripe.
I think it's more that Jaw was younger and hungrier then. Just like Z was hungrier in 2019 and 2020.

McCarthy always said the hardest thing in this league is dealing with success. I think Jaw is being challenged this year and failing. Fortunately he will get his chance to redeem himself.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I just don’t think Jaire is a good fit for this defense. Not his skill set or personality. It requires him to come up and tackle and he doesn’t want to do that. Especially after the Najee injury. He wants to cover man to man and lock down.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
APB wrote:
I’ve always thought Z had a legit gripe. He came here and instantly took over the defense. He changed the culture for sure. He should have been a captain over all the players selected on defense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:09
NCF wrote:
APB wrote:
I’ve always thought Z had a legit gripe. He came here and instantly took over the defense. He changed the culture for sure. He should have been a captain over all the players selected on defense.
Alexander isn't a captain this season for the same reason Z wasn't, if your on IR for a year, ya don't get to be a captain when ya come back, least not under Lafleur, and thats how it should be.

Alexander has been hurt most of the season, or he'd have been a bigger part of the defense, also Barry used a lot of man at boundary last night, so Alex would have been happy about that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:09
NCF wrote:

Alexander isn't a captain this season for the same reason Z wasn't, if your on IR for a year, ya don't get to be a captain when ya come back, least not under Lafleur, and thats how it should be.

Alexander has been hurt most of the season, or he'd have been a bigger part of the defense, also Barry used a lot of man at boundary last night, so Alex would have been happy about that.
Couple of things.

1. In 2021, the players select the captains. Not MLF. The players didn't select Z.

2. MLF wouldn't withhold making Alexander a captain for 2023 due to injury becuase Jaw didn't get hurt until going into Week 3. So he would have been fine at TC.

3. The Packers are back to their usual Captial selection process which is a rotating process. The Packers select new captains each week which is why we don't see the "C" Patch this year. We will for the postseason though because it is a rule to select Captains for the entirety of the playoffs. Again. That is selected by the Players. Not the Coaches.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Sounds like the system has caused a lot of drama for the pack that I don’t really hear of the same drama for other teams
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Was perusing a Vikings forum this morning and stumbled upon conversation of a serious conundrum for their fan base.

With a week 18 matchup against the Lions (and likely loss), Vikings fans have two options to cheer for:

1) a Bears victory that keeps the Packers from the playoffs but also earns the Vikings last place in the division

or

2) a Packer victory that keeps them from the cellar in the division (they own CHI tie-breaker) but allows the Packers to advance to the dance

And several members were torn with that decision prospect. :lol:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Waldo wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:24
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:09
YoHoChecko wrote:

Though I also want that high-IQ athletic DB from Iowa and a DC that can move him around to different spots to maximize his effectiveness... so maybe I do care a little about draft stock, haha
I still think our best long term outcome for the Packers is Love and the offense looks great but our defense sh*ts the bed and allows the opponent to put up 37+ points to end our season.

Honestly the earlier it happens the better.
Hard disagree.

Playoff football is a different animal that doesn't follow the rules of the regular season. The intensity ratchets up a good bit. Rising teams typically need to get beat a few times in the playoffs to figure it out (90's Packers were a classic case).

Playoff experience would be super valuable for this young team. I don't expect them to do much this year, but having playoff experience under their belt come playoff time next year will be where it pays dividends. Especially for Love.
Yup. Playoffs is a whole new level of learning and experience. These young pups haven't sniffed that yet. It doesn't mean that they couldn't/wouldn't win any playoff games. But it does mean that their opponents (specifically Eagles and Niners) might have an advantage over them.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:05
YoHoChecko wrote:
APB wrote:
01 Jan 2024 07:11
This season is already a success whether they beat the Bears or not next weekend. Yeah, I’m pulling for the win and a chance for these youngsters to get some playoff football under their belts but I won’t be crushed should they fall short. Super proud of this team.
It's so eerie how similar this is to last year. 8-8, riding high; need only a win against a low-achieving, but sorta upstart division rival to make the playoffs.

And how equally different people feel about it. Last year was the last chance to win one with Rodgers, hoping for an over-performing run like the Giants' SB wins. This year, most people don't care much about 0ppayffs or have many/any hopes once we're there. We all sorta came in hoping to be in the playoff picture, and we are.

Personally, I want the playoffs. And even a win. Draft stock be damned. I want this young team to have that EXPERIENCE nder their cap going into next year.

This isn't like last year at all - even though the record is identical.

1. Last year was boring. It wasn't fun. This season has been so much fun.

2. Last year we won down the stretch beating teams either because they were bad, Christian Watson, or STs and Defense. This year we have been winning with poor STs and defense. Additionally, we are winning with young guy after young guy stepping up on offense.

Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Kraft, Melton and then Aaron Jones plays and looks like an All Pro. I can go on and on. Every single young weapon has had their moment the 2nd half of the season. The only one who really hasn't is because he was in the hospital.

Last year I felt the team actually looked like a 6 win team. This year I would argue we look better than a 9 win team the 2nd half of the season. I legit think we are a Tier 2/top of Tier 3 Team in the NFC. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we win a playoff game or even two.

Last year the playoff hopes were built on credibility of "maybe Aaron will look like 2020 and 2021 again"
I think ST has improved. There were a couple of muffed kicks and Carlson has missed a few kicks ( kicking in the league has been an adventure for more than a few teams) but the returns have been decent and there isn't a holding penalty on every kickoff and punt.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
01 Jan 2024 11:11
but the returns have been decent and there isn't a holding penalty on every kickoff and punt.
The special teams penalty situation has been improved dramatically. Just one more thing that cannot be ignored for team success. Field position is such a factor.