Rank the Roster 2020: #7

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 07 May 2020 07:59

Jaire Alexander
74%
Adrian Amos
No votes
Corey Linsley
No votes
Preston Smith
11%
Elgton Jenkins
16%
Darnell Savage
No votes
Kevin King
No votes
Jace Sternberger
No votes
Jamaal Williams
No votes
Billy Turner
No votes
Rick Wagner
No votes
Alan Lazard
No votes
Devin Funchess
No votes
Dean Lowry
No votes
Christian Kirksey
No votes
Oren Burks
No votes
Chandon Sullivan
No votes
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
No votes
Equanimeous St. Brown
No votes
Rashan Gary
No votes

Total votes: 19

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
06 May 2020 12:28
I think I'm going with Jaire. His talent, impact and positional importance is too hard to pass on here. Preston is up there, too, but I just think Jaire will be the more impactful player.

One player I don't see getting any love yet is Christian Kirksey. Yes, he's an unknown and his injury history is significant. He has a chance, though, to be our most impactful defensive player outside of the players already voted in. I have a feeling we may look back upon these rankings next year with a "we sure missed on him" type response.
Kirksey will get my vote after Jaire, the tons and Amos. If he's better than ANY of the ones who get voted in before him, that would mean a rock-solid ILB and the D would really be in fine shape.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 May 2020 12:40
I'm with you. I will be voting for him higher than I believe most will, as well. I still see people saying that swapping Kirksey in for Martinez is a downgrade or makes us worse as a team. I'm not willing to declare it a huge upgrade, but I do fully believe that if we get the best version of Kirksey it will end up a clear enough upgrade over 2019 Martinez.
I liked Kirksey a lot coming out in the draft. I liked him a LOT as a player prior to 2018. Healthy Kirksey is an upgrade over healthy Martinez. The difference is that Martinez was always healthy and there are legit questions about that for Kirksey given the past two years.

But yeah, I tend to consider him an upgrade, because I don't see any reason to assume injury for any player, but two consecutive years does give me pause.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I had to go with Jaire, but I could totally understand Jenkins here. He was so consistently good and most rookies can't do that.

Hot take: If King stays healthy this year, he will surpass Jaire as our top corner. :shock: :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

BF004 wrote:
06 May 2020 08:17
McCarthy always talked about the year 1 to 2 jump. I always thought the year 2-3 jump was often more noticeable.

I’m gunna go Jaire here. Somewhat on hope. Him turning into a top 5 corner in the league is better for us than if Elgton becomes a top 5 guard.

True HOF level playmaking ability.
I could watch that clip all day.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 May 2020 13:39
I had to go with Jaire, but I could totally understand Jenkins here. He was so consistently good and most rookies can't do that.

Hot take: If King stays healthy this year, he will surpass Jaire as our top corner. :shock: :lol:
The guy has all the tools to do it, but that's been his biggest problem. If King can get healthy, I'll take it a step further, and say we might have one of the best secondary's in the league. Jaire, King, Savage, Amos do make for an interesting bunch. With Hollman and Jackson battling it out for that CB 3 spot.
RIP JustJeff