Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

They got worked over.. they’ve been pretty average since the bubble started.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

My friends laugh at me because I claim to have been a day one bucks fan, even though they all know that is not true. I semi started my fandom a few years ago when i went to bucks game in milwaukee with my friend that lives there, and then became a huge greek freak fan. I have been to see the bucks every year since then when they would play the hawks in ATL.

I sort of thought a bubble like environment might hurt them since they need their shooters to shoot so well to keep Giannis from being double teamed or more. Never giving them the chance to get right at Fiserve seems like a think that would hurt them more so than say Jimmy Butlers Heat.

But they have been so sleepy that I worry that if it stays this bad, Giannis may not be a Buck for much longer. He is too good, and too marketable to waste the entire career. I hope he stays, and i think he is the type to stay. But he needs a legit #2. Middleton is that guy lots of times, but when the brightest lights are on..he has not always been. I see the bucks as Premium player Giannis, an all star Middleton (not another premium player like most championship teams have), and then a cast of great role players. Guys you would never complain about, but also cant really expect to take over games. You would hope Bledsoe could do that, but he really hasnt when it matters most.

I hope Giannis stays, but i think they need to win some series to guarantee that.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Good win for the bucks last night. Looked like a real “get back on track game”...for everybody but Middleton that is. They can probably get past this series with him playing like crap, but he needs to find himself soon or they won’t go far.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Aug 2020 09:08
Good win for the bucks last night. Looked like a real “get back on track game”...for everybody but Middleton that is. They can probably get past this series with him playing like crap, but he needs to find himself soon or they won’t go far.
Yeah, I think game 1 was an eye opener for them. Hopefully they can get their crap together for the long haul here, and reignite the fire they had pre covid.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Aug 2020 09:08
Good to get that game out of the way for Middleton. They'll need him big-time against good teams. One simple adjustment made the difference in my mind. More half court ball pressure led to them working harder to get into their offensive sets and thus they got far fewer open looks. Seems like the entire defense was more engaged by that and it led to more turnovers and missed shots.

On the offensive side, they just knocked down more shots, but again, from the defensive side, they got more of their transition game going and Giannis made quick decisions to either attack or get the ball out of his hands to create open looks for others. I thought Bledsoe was quietly really good, too.

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Edit: whoops wrong thread

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Giannis isn’t going to stay unless they land a second superstar. He’s wasting his prime.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Welp, almost a must win game tonight. Go Bucks. Need Middleton to be a star.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

“As long as everybody’s fighting for the same thing … which is to be a champion, I don’t see why not to be in Milwaukee for the next 15 years.”
Get it done and you are in contention for the next decade.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Might be an unpopular take:

Giannis might be the Peyton Manning of the NBA.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Sep 2020 14:24

Decorated individual talent on a team still developing talent around him until the inevitable championship break-through? Then, a failure to repeat until a neck injury threatens his career which will cause the Bucks to release him and use the #1 overall pick on the best prospect since Lebron? Giannis goes elsewhere and wins another championship all the while starring in 100's of national advertisements before riding off into the sunset? The Bucks won't make it back to the Finals and there young star will surprisingly retire early leaving us to rebuild all over again?

Did I take that too literally?

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
19 Sep 2020 14:31
TheGreenMan wrote:
19 Sep 2020 14:24

Decorated individual talent on a team still developing talent around him until the inevitable championship break-through? Then, a failure to repeat until a neck injury threatens his career which will cause the Bucks to release him and use the #1 overall pick on the best prospect since Lebron? Giannis goes elsewhere and wins another championship all the while starring in 100's of national advertisements before riding off into the sunset? The Bucks won't make it back to the Finals and there young star will surprisingly retire early leaving us to rebuild all over again?

Did I take that too literally?
:lol:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:shock:

After executing the Holiday trade late Monday, the Bucks and Kings reached agreement in principle on a sign-and-trade that'll bring Bogdanovic and Justin James to the Bucks, sources said.

The Kings acquire versatile forward Donte DiVincenzo, D.J. Wilson and Ersan Ilyasova.
As part of the trade for Holiday, Milwaukee is sending New Orleans a package that includes Eric Bledsoe, George Hill and three first-round picks, sources said.
That'll shake things up.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
17 Nov 2020 06:42
:shock:

After executing the Holiday trade late Monday, the Bucks and Kings reached agreement in principle on a sign-and-trade that'll bring Bogdanovic and Justin James to the Bucks, sources said.

The Kings acquire versatile forward Donte DiVincenzo, D.J. Wilson and Ersan Ilyasova.
As part of the trade for Holiday, Milwaukee is sending New Orleans a package that includes Eric Bledsoe, George Hill and three first-round picks, sources said.
That'll shake things up.
You think? They traded off basically everything they had for Jrue and Bogdan. Hope it works.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Freaking awesome. Need some depth now, but that starting lineup can be matched against any in the NBA.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
17 Nov 2020 07:26
You think? They traded off basically everything they had for Jrue and Bogdan. Hope it works.
What they had was nothing. Yeah, it sucks to lose George Hill and Donte (a little bit), but if we play this group of 5 normal starters minutes and add a few ring chasers, we should have a pretty deep team. Still need a big man on the bench. RoLo declined his option. That helps us because he was so bad, but also one of those guys that you like to have around because he's big and a good teammate.

Trading DJ Wilson & Ersan is icing on the cake.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Think I saw somewhere bucks are down to only 7 players under contract.

Better stay healthy this year. :lol: