Rank the Roster 2024: #14

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 21 May 2024 08:00

AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
3%
Quay Walker
40%
Romeo Doubs
17%
Lukas Van Ness
10%
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
10%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Tucker Kraft
10%
Jordan Morgan
No votes
Javon Bullard
No votes
MarShawn Lloyd
3%
Carrington Valentine
3%
Karl Brooks
No votes
Edgerrin Cooper
No votes
Rasheed Walker
3%
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Colby Wooden
No votes

Total votes: 30

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
21 May 2024 07:24
on the Andy Herman podcast the other day the topic was bubble players, mostly mentioned players like Dillon, Meyers, Stokes etc, but he also mentioned Bisaccia, who's units last year declined, and after getting a few players in the draft to hopefully improve production, Andy's point was that his job should not be secure, I agree, as good a Nixon is he still needs lanes to run through
I think this year, outside of a complete meltdown, will likely be a free pass for Bisaccia as the new rules are implemented and incorporated. Call it a growing year.

I'd love to see the Packers set the tone for taking advantage of the new rules and opportunities for splash plays on ST. I just don't have an abundance of confidence it'll happen.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
21 May 2024 08:53
Yoop wrote:
on the Andy Herman podcast the other day the topic was bubble players, mostly mentioned players like Dillon, Meyers, Stokes etc, but he also mentioned Bisaccia, who's units last year declined, and after getting a few players in the draft to hopefully improve production, Andy's point was that his job should not be secure, I agree, as good a Nixon is he still needs lanes to run through
I think this year, outside of a complete meltdown, will likely be a free pass for Bisaccia as the new rules are implemented and incorporated. Call it a growing year.

I'd love to see the Packers set the tone for taking advantage of the new rules and opportunities for splash plays on ST. I just don't have an abundance of confidence it'll happen.
I don't think he has done a bad job. The job description was really getting us back to respectability and I think we are there, even if we are still looking up at the top half of ST units. The search for a new kicker I wouldn't put entirely on any coordinator, even if he got to hand pick his guy. That part of it is a wildcard.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
21 May 2024 09:01
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I don't think he has done a bad job. The job description was really getting us back to respectability and I think we are there, even if we are still looking up at the top half of ST units. The search for a new kicker I wouldn't put entirely on any coordinator, even if he got to hand pick his guy. That part of it is a wildcard.
every single phase of ST's declined, the kicker kicked like every kick was make or break for a SB win, Bisaccia's job is to limit the tension for the Kicker, now maybe he tried, but if he did it didn't work, same with Long snapper, our holder looked like a catcher with major league wild thing Charlie Sheen hiking the ball, Nixon to me (and Andy) was the only bright spot on teams last year.

I thought we where hoping to go from almost last in the league to maybe average, instead where still bottom 1/3 of the league, specially sense Guty has been drafting players well fitted to do well with teams. imho he has to do better :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the changes emphasize how important blocking and tackling are to ST's play, and how we need to improve at both, far to often we see bunches of players together with no one in other lanes, or Nixon stymied with no lane to run through.

I do have some faith that Bisaccia will get this fixed, he had Nixon running through some pretty wide lanes year 1, as with O or D the more experience the better the product, last year had more youth on that squad, which often means more mistakes, at least I'am hoping that was the cause.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

The ST has been poor, which is sadly an improvement for us over what existed before Bisaccia, but it is still not up to par for the NFL.

I am not letting Bisaccia off the hook, but you are what you emphasize. I have a feeling that the issue is less with his coaching and more with our willingness to put time and emphasis into ST.

What I've heard is that, while they spend more time on STs with Bisaccia than they used to do before him, it comes at the tail end of their practices when everyone is cooked and no one is taking it very seriously.

It is a tough sell to ask that we make offense or defense take a backseat to STs, especially with a new DC installing his scheme, but I would like to think that the growth of Jordan Love and his support cast over the past year means that maybe we do not need to spend as much practice time on them this time around.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oh wow this view was a blowout. Looks like the end is a tier
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 21 May 2024 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 May 2024 10:04
Oh write this view was a blowout. Looks like the end is a tier
I am a little surprised by that. I think many voters need to see it to believe it, but when voting for 2024, I am considering the progression arrow much more strongly. I will not be surprised at all if, come December, Cooper is our best LB and that will be reflected in the voting for 2025, but I also think I do get a little ahead of myself in this voting process, especially after the Top 10 voting for the current season. I am having a hard time reconciling all of the voting so far, though, based on Romeo Doubs continuing to be overlooked. I get 3 WR's already have been voted in, but how did the see-it-to-believe-it crowd let that happen based on what Doubs did in 2023?

Read More. Post Less.