Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Post by Freewheelingutey »

Packers signing wr...Devin Funchess

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Now, this is where I would be all out.

Yuck.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Looks like they penciled in April 27th, for now, to reopen school.

Still only 3 confirmed cases in Brown County (Green Bay) and I don't think we've had a new one in about 5-7 days.

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Post by Freewheelingutey »

That's good news! I will be glad when it's over.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Seems like the draft will be held on schedule, April 23-25.

According to PFT, Goodell sent a memo to all teams on March 26th, saying: “Earlier today, the [NFL Management Council Executive Committee] discussed the issues relating to the Draft. The Committee was unanimous and unequivocal that the Draft should go forward as scheduled on April 23-25, 2020.”

Obviously it's not gonna be the live event of past years. I think teams and the league have the tech to make this happen in a safe way. I just hope they warn all prospects that draft parties are a no-no.
“Because of the unique circumstances in our country today, the 2020 Draft will obviously need to be conducted in a different way,” Goodell wrote. “Already, we have cancelled all public events, we will not be bringing prospects and their families to the Draft, and the Draft itself will be conducted and televised in a way that reflects current conditions.

“Our staff is certainly mindful of the operational issues this presents, and our top priority is putting in place procedures that allow all clubs to operate on a level playing field so that the Draft is conducted in a way that is competitively fair to all clubs. All clubs should now be doing the necessary planning to conduct Draft operations in a location outside of your facility, with a limited number of people present, and with sufficient technology resources to allow you to communicate internally, with other clubs, and with Draft headquarters. Needless to say, we will be prepared to adjust to changed circumstances in the next several weeks, including the prospect of clubs being able to resume even limited operations within their facilities.”

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Shelby Harris back to den for 1 year. 2.5 mil. Man we could have swung that. Huge upgrade to both lancaster and lowery

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Mar 2020 12:12
Shelby Harris back to den for 1 year. 2.5 mil. Man we could have swung that. Huge upgrade to both lancaster and lowery
Grass is always greener if you think he is a huge upgrade from Lowry :messedup:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

BF004 wrote:
28 Mar 2020 12:30
Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Mar 2020 12:12
Grass is always greener if you think he is a huge upgrade from Lowry :messedup:
I think you are over valuing our own. Lowery was not good last year....esp in big games. Harris was strong against the run and his 6 sacks were 6 more then dean's. Ive always been a fan of dean but he was not good last year

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If he was a huge upgrade, for only 2.5, we would have gotten him.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

BF004 wrote:
28 Mar 2020 13:08
Maybe huge isnt the right word. I'll say significant. :)

For 2.5 any upgrade is a good thing bc the 2 guys we are trotting out there now are a hot mess as full time starters

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Mar 2020 13:22
BF004 wrote:

For 2.5 any upgrade is a good thing bc the 2 guys we are trotting out there now are a hot mess as full time starters
Just think 31 other teams concurred he wasn’t worth any more than 2.5 million or 1 year. Still not gunna call a significant upgrade, or even a nominal upgrade or any type of upgrade. Just don’t think 31 teams screwed third up.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

BF004 wrote:
28 Mar 2020 14:29
Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Mar 2020 13:22
BF004 wrote:

Just think 31 other teams concurred he wasn’t worth any more than 2.5 million or 1 year. Still not gunna call a significant upgrade, or even a nominal upgrade or any type of upgrade. Just don’t think 31 teams screwed third up.

Point taken and I cant argue that 31 other teams passed but nobody will convince me that he isnt an upgrade to lowery. It just isnt true. Every stat, pff and film will show hes the better player. Yea he was inconsistent and was way better in limited snaps (which he would get). You cant honestly tell me that you feel comfortable with Dean and lancaster... Well maybe you can but for 2.5 mil there was a guy that is better then both. Im not gonna say Harris is an all pro. Hes an average starter in this league and is more versatile then lowery. We are never moving dean inside... Harris can play all over the line. Just a cheap player that could have helped. To hope that a rook will come in and fix the run d is wishful thinking. Here was a guy that could have helped. This also could set the market for snacks so not all bad

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
28 Mar 2020 15:34
Point taken and I cant argue that 31 other teams passed but nobody will convince me that he isnt an upgrade to lowery. It just isnt true. Every stat, pff and film will show hes the better player.
Dean Lowry needs to play ever snap we play in 3-4 base. He also needs to play in absolutely zero snaps we play in sub-package/nickel. He can't handle 3T responsibilities and was meant to be a 3-4 base end. His impact is clear when he is allowed to play his natural position. So, to that end, I tend to agree more with you that he would be an upgrade in sub-packages, but I do think Lowry is a fine football player when he is played to his limited, natural position.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Fun times in Kansas City and New England. $177 of cap space. :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Mar 2020 16:51
Fun times in Kansas City and New England. $177 of cap space. :rotf:

That is crazy how tight NE got, and still lost a few good starters in FA.

They had like zero chance of fitting a guy like Rivers under that cap. The Stidham dynasty begins this year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

14 team playoff confirmed for 2020 season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

GREEN BAY – Two additional teams will be eligible for the playoffs next season after the NFL approved an expansion to a 14-team postseason structure following a vote by league owners on Tuesday.

The vote was slated to take place this week at the NFL Owners Meetings in Palm Springs, Fla., before the event was canceled in the response to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

The measure required a 3/4 majority vote to pass, meaning at least 24 of the 32 league owners had to approve. President/CEO Mark Murphy acts on behalf of the Packers and serves on the competition committee, which recommended expansion for the 2020 NFL season.

An expansion from a 12- to 14-team postseason was put into motion after the NFLPA and its players ratified a new collective-bargaining agreement that runs through 2030 earlier this month. NFL owners then had a three-year window to implement a new postseason format.

The No. 1 seed in each conference will receive a bye in the Wild Card round. The remaining division champions in each conference with the best records will be seeded 2, 3, and 4, followed by the next three teams per conference with the best records seeded 5, 6, and 7.
https://www.packers.com/news/nfl-teams- ... ext-season
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Interesting
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 14:08

Interesting
I have thought sports leagues have needed to do this for a long time.
NASCAR especially needs to do this so bad. There are some things that kids just love. For instance, you have a picture of this and kids go nuts for it. Plus NASCAR is a pretty simple sport for kids to understand.

I'm curious how an NFL broadcast on Nickelodian would be.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.