Why the Packers should absolutely pay Aaron Jones now

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

No.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We absolutely cannot pay David B. Aaron Jones, Kevin King and Kenny Clark to market value extensions. Just impossible. At most we probably can do two of them.

So I think the bigger question is not should we resign Aaron Jones, but if we do sign Aaron Jones, which two other players should we let walk?

My guess is people would say David B. and Kevin K.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jun 2020 19:38
We absolutely cannot pay David B. Aaron Jones, Kevin King and Kenny Clark to market value extensions. Just impossible. At most we probably can do two of them.

So I think the bigger question is not should we resign Aaron Jones, but if we do sign Aaron Jones, which two other players should we let walk?

I would not part with Bakhtiari, especially with the way the rest of the OLine is being gradually whittled away (though there's hope for this class to replace Turner eventually--Turner and Wagner are both below expectations starters and there's no clear heir).

I say we absolutely must re-sign Clark and Bakh, and I would put Jones ahead of King on the list. I think we can make moves elsewhere to retain Jones if we wish to, and so it needn't happen in that chronological order.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:

Yes, the Packers can. All they have to do is to defer the big money a year or 2 into the future and trade Aaron Rodgers and his big contract away. They might even be able to keep Linsley too.

Trade after this season:
$4.796 million of cap space would be created by a trade. The Packers would also gain $39.852 million and $28.352 million of cap room in 2022 and 2023, respectively, from having Rodgers come off the books because of the trade.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agen ... tructured/

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Jun 2020 07:35
go pak go wrote:

Yes, the Packers can. All they have to do is to defer the big money a year or 2 into the future and trade Aaron Rodgers and his big contract away. They might even be able to keep Linsley too.

Trade after this season:
$4.796 million of cap space would be created by a trade. The Packers would also gain $39.852 million and $28.352 million of cap room in 2022 and 2023, respectively, from having Rodgers come off the books because of the trade.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agen ... tructured/
:beer2: