Rank the Roster 2020: #28

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 22 Jun 2020 10:11

Oren Burks
No votes
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
39%
Ka'Dar Hollman
No votes
Kingsley Keke
17%
Robert Tonyan
No votes
Josiah Deguara
11%
Jon Runyan
No votes
Tyler Lancaster
28%
Marcedes Lewis
6%
Kamal Martin
No votes
Tyler Ervin
No votes
Alex Light
No votes
Lucas Patrick
No votes
Lane Taylor
No votes
Jordan Love
No votes
Jake Hanson
No votes
Simon Stepaniak
No votes
Vernon Scott
No votes
Jonathan Garvin
No votes
Reggie Begelton
No votes

Total votes: 18

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

MVS as well as the rest of the receivers and a couple TE's are bubble players, Lancaster is not, so he gets my vote today.

about time for the punter if he is still eligible for this exercise.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jun 2020 10:24
MVS as well as the rest of the receivers and a couple TE's are bubble players, Lancaster is not, so he gets my vote today.

I'm not sure that I agree with that. We claimed Gerald Willis on waivers and signed Treyvon Hester. We added an undrafted free agent DT. I'm not sure I buy that they added three DTs not to place both Lancaster and Adams on the bubble. Still a likely roster player, but I wouldn't be certain he isn't part of an expanded bubble

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Jun 2020 10:38
Yoop wrote:

I'm not sure that I agree with that. We claimed Gerald Willis on waivers and signed Treyvon Hester. We added an undrafted free agent DT. I'm not sure I buy that they added three DTs not to place both Lancaster and Adams on the bubble. Still a likely roster player, but I wouldn't be certain he isn't part of an expanded bubble
maybe, and of course ya have to take coach speak with a grain of salt, but both Pettine and MLF had very high expectations for Lancaster this coming season, so thats mostly what I'am leaning on, but sure just about everyone now could be considered bubble players.

I like the competition these 3 bring, it's bound to force others to earn there job, same with the receivers, we are better for having MVS and others pushing Lazard etc even if they don't make the team.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
21 Jun 2020 11:46
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:

maybe, and of course ya have to take coach speak with a grain of salt, but both Pettine and MLF had very high expectations for Lancaster this coming season, so thats mostly what I'am leaning on, but sure just about everyone now could be considered bubble players.

I like the competition these 3 bring, it's bound to force others to earn there job, same with the receivers, we are better for having MVS and others pushing Lazard etc even if they don't make the team.
MVS may very well make the team but he and about 15 of the guys presently on this list are bubble players. I hope that MVS's problems last season were injury related and he comes back as Adams did in his 3rd year. But he and about 15 of the guys on this list might not make the 53. Lancaster is not one of those who won't.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Jun 2020 13:11
Yoop wrote:
21 Jun 2020 11:46
YoHoChecko wrote:

MVS may very well make the team but he and about 15 of the guys presently on this list are bubble players. I hope that MVS's problems last season were injury related and he comes back as Adams did in his 3rd year. But he and about 15 of the guys on this list might not make the 53. Lancaster is not one of those who won't.
I would be shocked if MVS didnt make the team, i would almost call him a lock to make it. Lancaster of course a lock also imo.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't think either MVS or Lancaster are going to get cut, but if it happened, would my shock factor rate above a 5 or 6 out of 10? Nah, it wouldn't.