YoHo's Early Draft List (2021)

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Dec 2020 09:56
slot receiver who has a RB body, Clemson: Amari Rodgers 5'10" 210
slot receiver who converted to RB, UCLA, Demetric Felton 5'9" 190
slot WR who runs sweeps and some backfield, Florida, Kadarius Toney, 6'0" 190

Also on my original list I placed Jalen Tolbert as "mediocre speed," but it sounds more like he's a real 4.4 guy. Kinda gives me MVS vibes
Found a crush. Marlon Williams. 6'0" 220+. Gonna have to see the testing numbers, but he looks like a bowling ball. Catches the ball effortlessly, though.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I do want to say, because I haven't separated him out in any way, but I think Kylin Hill from Miss St has Kamara ceiling and maybe like a Brandon Jackson floor. He's an almost ready-to-go 3rd down back with all the pass protection experience (still work to do) you could want out of college, in addition to very natural pass receiving skills for a RB. He's not a blazer, but more like Jones and Kamara in the 4.5s. The question is does he have the explosiveness and acceleration to take the next step up or will he be more of a 3rd down back role player.

He seems to have some sort of character concerns where he was suspended from the team for unknown reasons and then used that as a reason to opt out of the rest of the season, so that DEFINITELY bears watching, but also might be nothing...

but he's the kind of guy you can grab in round 4 or something who will absolutely serve a role through the life of his rookie contract that I'm very high on if we keep Jones and lose Williams.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
15 Dec 2020 10:58
Found a crush. Marlon Williams. 6'0" 220+. Gonna have to see the testing numbers, but he looks like a bowling ball. Catches the ball effortlessly, though.
What an interesting prospect. Shocked no one ever turned him into a RB along the way. I'm not sure how I feel about him, but you're right about the hands and the unique body type. I'm not sure if there's a lot of/enough acceleration there, but like you said, will watch for testing

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I will say looking at some of the top end WR's, this WR is really really good, again.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
15 Dec 2020 11:49
I will say looking at some of the top end WR's, this WR is really really good, again.
I'm trying hard to figure out how I feel about Rondale Moore.

Like, normally he'd be too small for me, but he breaks tackles. He powers through arms. He plays bigger.

That said, he has an injury concern or two, which may be a lasting byproduct of being small and playing big. But his speed and playmaking is excellent.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Dec 2020 11:12
NCF wrote:
15 Dec 2020 10:58
What an interesting prospect. Shocked no one ever turned him into a RB along the way. I'm not sure how I feel about him, but you're right about the hands and the unique body type. I'm not sure if there's a lot of/enough acceleration there, but like you said, will watch for testing
Yeah, you can see a little burst, but it's like he never hits the higher gear. Not a whole lot of top tier athletes he was going against in the highlights, but also no one is catching him... even though he looks slow enough that I could catch him.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Dec 2020 12:14
BF004 wrote:
15 Dec 2020 11:49
I'm trying hard to figure out how I feel about Rondale Moore.

Like, normally he'd be too small for me, but he breaks tackles. He powers through arms. He plays bigger.

That said, he has an injury concern or two, which may be a lasting byproduct of being small and playing big. But his speed and playmaking is excellent.
Yeah he is just a little guy. I like how he can make himself skinny at times and how shifty he can be. He can be an offensive weapon, lining up all over the place (backfield, flat, etc). I think he will go higher than I would like to take him, personally but if he drops I guess...
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
15 Dec 2020 12:44
Yeah he is just a little guy. I like how he can make himself skinny at times and how shifty he can be. He can be an offensive weapon, lining up all over the place (backfield, flat, etc). I think he will go higher than I would like to take him, personally but if he drops I guess...
Yeah, on one hand, I think that's true: if I'm going to spend a premium pick on a WR, I don't want to sacrifice a major attribute. Moore could be late first through mid-second, I think. And he's smaller than I'd prefer.

But man, watching him play he really jumps out above other non-Waddle gadget options

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Dec 2020 12:47
Packfntk wrote:
15 Dec 2020 12:44
Yeah, on one hand, I think that's true: if I'm going to spend a premium pick on a WR, I don't want to sacrifice a major attribute. Moore could be late first through mid-second, I think. And he's smaller than I'd prefer.

But man, watching him play he really jumps out above other non-Waddle gadget options
Yeah, kind of reminds me of a Tavon Austin type, obviously Tavon was drafted way higher than he will be, but I am just not sure in the 1st/2nd round if you draft a guy like this. I guess getting a player like Tyreeek Hill would be the exception, but if I am drafting a WR in the 1st/2nd I am going other places, and bigger size, there are some dang good WR's in this class.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Adding Syracuse DB Ifeatu Melifonwu to the list; 6'3" 213 but plays CB. Could be a longer-term answer in the nickel role to get more size inside; could compete to replace King (but probably needs more development than to be ready that quickly) and CERTAINLY could compete for that dime role with size like that. Sounds like a mid-rounds guy.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Can I just say that I cannot understand why/how Chris Olave is being discussed in the late-first/early-second range. Everything I see of him he looks like just a guy. Is it just the Ohio St reputation for sleeper WRs with McLaurin breaking through and Michael Thomas being among the league's best? People figure you can't sleep on them?

No way would I take him before the 3rd; he's a poor man's Dyami Brown (who I would love to take in the 3rd). Same size as Olave but more productive and faster and younger and has shown more elite ball skills.