Week 6 other games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
19 Oct 2020 21:27
Leave it to Mike McCarthy to attempt a 58 yd FG when down 28-3 in the 3rd qtr rather than go for a 1st down and continue the drive. :messedup: :roll:
Figures they only need 6 wins to get the division so he is slow playing it.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
Leave it to Mike McCarthy to attempt a 58 yd FG when down 28-3 in the 3rd qtr rather than go for a 1st down and continue the drive. :messedup: :roll:
You have to wonder how long Jerrah will stick with Mac if things continue to go south...

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
20 Oct 2020 09:57
APB wrote:
You have to wonder how long Jerrah will stick with Mac if things continue to go south...
Well Dak going down gives Mike a little cushion and being in the worst division will buy him some time to work out whatever pathetic amount of wins it will take to get to the playoffs. But it was kind of :lombardi: or bust this year for Jer and they aren't going to make any noise.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

McCarthy may not even last the season if this keeps up:
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl ... ews#page=3

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

APB wrote:
20 Oct 2020 22:06
McCarthy may not even last the season if this keeps up:
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

“Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl ... ews#page=3
There are certainly some issues on the Cowboys that need to be worked out, but any player who goes to the media "anonymously" after a few games with a new head coach is pissed about something personally. I read where MM said players should act like a man and I agree. Discuss issues in-house and don't be a whiny little b*^%h.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I agree with McCarthy’s philosophy of manning up and keeping things internal. This appears to be more than one player, tho, so I don’t know if your disgruntled player theory fits.

We all know how Jerruh values perception. If things continue going south in Big D and the local media starts piling on McCarthy, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jerruh make a move before the season is even done.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man. If someone told me after watching December 1, 2006 - December 31, 2011 about how the rest of Mike McCarthy's career would go...I would have called you absolutely crazy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
21 Oct 2020 08:03
Man. If someone told me after watching December 1, 2006 - December 31, 2011 about how the rest of Mike McCarthy's career would go...I would have called you absolutely crazy.
In hindsight, I think it actually makes a whole lot of sense. McCarthy is old school. Established a reputation based on his offseason QB school. Practiced the team hard, but kept a pulse on player health and mentality. Once the new CBA went into effect in 2011 and took away a lot of what he could get done, the things responsible for most of his success went away. We also know one of McCarthy's biggest flaws is his stubbornness. He never adapted and despite a lot of success with some really strong teams, never was the same coach that won us a Super Bowl in 2010.

Read More. Post Less.