Packers at Lions GDT, Dec 13 3:25pm CST, FOX

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

With Adrian Peterson likely getting the rock a lot, I think this is a good game to start getting Kamal Martin involved early. We are facing 3 teams with good RBs in a row.

Golladay also did not participate all week and I think it is unlikely he will play. We just can't let Marvin Jones get on a tear vs us like he always does.

I'm really interested to see how our defense responds here. The Lions have put up some stinkers on offense, but they have also been the high flying Lions in other games. Watching teams like the Rams hold NE to 3 last night and the Saints starting to flex their D muscles, we really need this defense to start flexing some muscle too.

I look to once again Gary, Savage, Keke, Clark and Martin in this game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (15.82 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

speaking of things we've forgotten...I forgot that the Loins led 14-3 in the 2nd quarter of our first meeting at Lambeau

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 200gnb.htm

And when it was over,the Packers had rushed for 259 yds + 2 TDs on the ground as part of a 42 point outburst that included a pick 6 for Sullivan and another divisional win for MLF
IT. IS. TIME

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Random thought, just because I saw Jace on the report.

A lot of people doubted Tonyan. And were doubting the draft choice of Jace.

Robert has played lights out this year and really showed everyone he's TE1. If Jace can get his game together, once considered a massive weakness, is now pretty good. Potentially can be a really good position, actually.
RIP JustJeff

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

TheGreenMan wrote:
12 Dec 2020 13:35
Random thought, just because I saw Jace on the report.

A lot of people doubted Tonyan. And were doubting the draft choice of Jace.

Robert has played lights out this year and really showed everyone he's TE1. If Jace can get his game together, once considered a massive weakness, is now pretty good. Potentially can be a really good position, actually.
And we will get Deguara back next season. He showed some promise early.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
11 Dec 2020 07:59
With Adrian Peterson likely getting the rock a lot, I think this is a good game to start getting Kamal Martin involved early. We are facing 3 teams with good RBs in a row.

Golladay also did not participate all week and I think it is unlikely he will play. We just can't let Marvin Jones get on a tear vs us like he always does.

I'm really interested to see how our defense responds here. The Lions have put up some stinkers on offense, but they have also been the high flying Lions in other games. Watching teams like the Rams hold NE to 3 last night and the Saints starting to flex their D muscles, we really need this defense to start flexing some muscle too.

Let Peterson get the rock as much as possible he is nothing to fear at this point.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Lions announced on Saturday they will be without DE Everson Griffith and CB Jeffrey Okudah for week 14. Kenny Golladay was announced as OUT earlier this week.

This matchup just keeps getting easier.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Blasts from the past. George Teague, Terrell Buckley, Corey Harris, Johnny Holland, Darryl Thompson ........ Great early Favre. Walter Stanley, Elbert Watts, Mark Lee, Gary Ellerson, Donnie Humphrey, John Madden .... a smiling Forrest Gregg.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
13 Dec 2020 06:10
The Lions announced on Saturday they will be without DE Everson Griffith and CB Jeffrey Okudah for week 14. Kenny Golladay was announced as OUT earlier this week.

From what I have heard, Okudah has really sucked this year which is something you don't want from your #3 pick.

I know we absolutely lit him up week 2.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
13 Dec 2020 06:10

I am a bit confused here because Griffin was diagnosed with Covid yesterday. I thought in a situation like this, with an actual positive test, was reason for delaying the game.

I hope they play and I hope we don't get impacted in the middle of the week because of playing.

Hopefully they saw that Griffen had limited exposer with teammates.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers have been down (losing) by double digits to the Detroit Lions for the last 7 games.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
12 Dec 2020 20:19
go pak go wrote:
11 Dec 2020 07:59

Let Peterson get the rock as much as possible he is nothing to fear at this point.
Absolutely not. He is still very good and effective at this stage in his career.

The Lions will have to be utilizing Peterson and Diandre Swift. Again, I really want to play Kamal Martin to see if he can contain these backs.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta TCB in this one.

Starts again in the trenches. Best them up and don’t let them pinch first. Let’s get our ground game going and live in their backfield all day.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really want to see our defense hold Detroit under 21.

Just want to see this defense continue to stack some success.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
13 Dec 2020 08:15
The Packers have been down (losing) by double digits to the Detroit Lions for the last 7 games.
I saw this the other day. Good day to buck that trend.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Tavon time with Taylor inactive.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Just had my Detroit Style Pizza.

Let's do this today boys!!!
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Inactives:

Packers:
QB Jordan Love
CB Ka'dar Hollman
LB Jonathan Garvin
G Simon Stepaniak
WR Malik Taylor
TE Jace Sternberger

Lions: