SB Believing Bye Week Mock

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2021 12:26
HeavyD wrote:
09 Jan 2021 11:51
Thinking of Aaron Jones as a RB, thus dismissing the option of signing him simply because he is a RB misses the point of his value to the offense. He is a playmaker first, his mere presence on the field causes defenses to be stressed because he can hurt the defense from any place on the field. He is a playmaker first, a running back second. If possible, he should be resigned.
agreed, and we hardly use his receiving skills, and I don't know where Lupe comes up with the 15 mil. contract figures, no one knows what the FO offered, least I've seen nothing yet, always hard for me to part with production and hope some how I can replace it with a bird or two in the tree ;)

nice to see ya posting again HeavyD :aok:
You said fair offer. Fair offer for Jones is market value. Jones is one of the best backs in the league. He did better the last 2 seasons than Elliot and Kamara who are both making 15 million.

Usually the next man up gets the bigger deal too. I’d be willing to bet the Packers offer is somewhere around a firm 10 and Jones in a just going to get more from a team with a QB on a rookie deal.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Generally I like it. I could quibble here and there but it makes sense overall.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Jan 2021 14:08
Yoop wrote:
HeavyD wrote:
09 Jan 2021 11:51
Thinking of Aaron Jones as a RB, thus dismissing the option of signing him simply because he is a RB misses the point of his value to the offense. He is a playmaker first, his mere presence on the field causes defenses to be stressed because he can hurt the defense from any place on the field. He is a playmaker first, a running back second. If possible, he should be resigned.
agreed, and we hardly use his receiving skills, and I don't know where Lupe comes up with the 15 mil. contract figures, no one knows what the FO offered, least I've seen nothing yet, always hard for me to part with production and hope some how I can replace it with a bird or two in the tree ;)

You said fair offer. Fair offer for Jones is market value. Jones is one of the best backs in the league. He did better the last 2 seasons than Elliot and Kamara who are both making 15 million.

Usually the next man up gets the bigger deal too. I’d be willing to bet the Packers offer is somewhere around a firm 10 and Jones in a just going to get more from a team with a QB on a rookie deal.
ouch, however as others have said teams will be cap trapped, I think we should let him entertain offers, giving us a chance to match, then if it's to high, let him go, I've never been in favor of tagging him, but thats a alternative too.

these playoffs could solidify our opinions, he's a low mileage RB who we've only seen little of as a receiver, these next 3 games we could see him more used as one.

However you could be right and he wants to be the next highest paid RB, those gold plated sun glasses aint cheap. :lol:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

First, the RB situation. Williams will be gone if he gets a big contract someplace. I like him. But I don’t have a problem letting him go. I also want to make room for Dillon. Jones is special and doing everything that you reasonably can to keep him. But I think he’ll be offered more than GB should pay him, like as in a crazy amount. Will he take it? Or will he give GB a so-called discount. I think that he’ll stay if GB makes a decent offer. If I’m not wrong, we still draft a good RB in the first four rounds. But we don’t draft two of them.

Second, I like a decent OT as a second pick. Yeah, we need to keep the bodies going there. Ya know, Turner has turned out to be good. Bahktiari will return. Both should have several more years. But if you find a good OL who can transition on the interior of the line (especially if we don’t re-sign Linsley), you just get the guy.

I can actually see us picking a WR in round 1 this time, if the right guy is there. If Adams/MVS/and company are more than good enough, we still want to make the entire group better where we can. But if the CB guy you picked is what you think he is, that makes a lot of sense. You can never have enough good CBs, especially the ones that can play on an island. I would like more size. But hey, Jaire isn’t large and he’s hanging in there. Might not last 8+ Years with the banging on the body. But it’s great to have him.

And whoever is still knocking the draft of Love last year, would you please move on? The value in helping to motivate Aaron freaking Rogers back to MVP level is value enough.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Jan 2021 02:46
First, the RB situation. Williams will be gone if he gets a big contract someplace. I like him. But I don’t have a problem letting him go. I also want to make room for Dillon. Jones is special and doing everything that you reasonably can to keep him. But I think he’ll be offered more than GB should pay him, like as in a crazy amount. Will he take it? Or will he give GB a so-called discount. I think that he’ll stay if GB makes a decent offer. If I’m not wrong, we still draft a good RB in the first four rounds. But we don’t draft two of them.

Second, I like a decent OT as a second pick. Yeah, we need to keep the bodies going there. Ya know, Turner has turned out to be good. Bahktiari will return. Both should have several more years. But if you find a good OL who can transition on the interior of the line (especially if we don’t re-sign Linsley), you just get the guy.

I can actually see us picking a WR in round 1 this time, if the right guy is there. If Adams/MVS/and company are more than good enough, we still want to make the entire group better where we can. But if the CB guy you picked is what you think he is, that makes a lot of sense. You can never have enough good CBs, especially the ones that can play on an island. I would like more size. But hey, Jaire isn’t large and he’s hanging in there. Might not last 8+ Years with the banging on the body. But it’s great to have him.

And whoever is still knocking the draft of Love last year, would you please move on? The value in helping to motivate Aaron freaking Rogers back to MVP level is value enough.
If we are not ready to really pay Aaron Jones will another team? It just seems teams don't value RBs like they used to. In any other era Jonathan Taylor would have been a first round pick last spring.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2021 16:05
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

ouch, however as others have said teams will be cap trapped, I think we should let him entertain offers, giving us a chance to match, then if it's to high, let him go, I've never been in favor of tagging him, but thats a alternative too.

these playoffs could solidify our opinions, he's a low mileage RB who we've only seen little of as a receiver, these next 3 games we could see him more used as one.

However you could be right and he wants to be the next highest paid RB, those gold plated sun glasses aint cheap. :lol:
Hoping other teams will be cap trapped is not the way of looking at it. They will all be cap strapped sure...but we are definitely cap strapped. So we are all in the same position there.

Yeah I think the tea leaves show he will be expensive. He clearly showed us his value to us now for two years. He has been saying the Packers and him are close to a deal since March. No deal has happened. He fires his old agent and hires Rosenhause.

My hope is he accepts something between Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook which is averaging around $12 - $13 million per year with a dummy year inflated in the final season.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:

we would move on if people would quit attributing Rodgers success this year to the stupid draft pick for his successor, as you just did. these insults directed at Rodgers have zero credibility, and just shows how little you think of Rodgers to even insinuate such nonsense, you stop, and I stop, same goes for Texas or anyone else in this forum.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2021 08:15
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Hoping other teams will be cap trapped is not the way of looking at it. They will all be cap strapped sure...but we are definitely cap strapped. So we are all in the same position there.

Yeah I think the tea leaves show he will be expensive. He clearly showed us his value to us now for two years. He has been saying the Packers and him are close to a deal since March. No deal has happened. He fires his old agent and hires Rosenhause.

My hope is he accepts something between Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook which is averaging around $12 - $13 million per year with a dummy year inflated in the final season.

I was hoping he would accept around that figure, maybe 11.5 M, where the heck did that S go? :lol: I meant Strapped, but Trapped is what it seems like when ya can't retain your best players, urrrrrr

I know most everyone will disagree, however I had Jones as a higher resign priority then Bak, we just gave a 9 yr vet a 3rd contract for more money then probably any other LT has ever gotten given pro rated cost at the time of there contract, seriously with our new offensive schemes do we need a LT that can hold up for a 3 count, I think not.

I know I bias myself towards players that score points on offense, I thought everyone did, foolish me :lol: don't get me wrong, I'am glad to have Bakhtairi back, and understand that we need a good ol, but the ultimate goal of the offense is to score points, so in that sense I want a really good thrower, Runner, and catcher'sssss mostly. :banana:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2021 09:08
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I was hoping he would accept around that figure, maybe 11.5 M, where the heck did that S go? :lol: I meant Strapped, but Trapped is what it seems like when ya can't retain your best players, urrrrrr

I know most everyone will disagree, however I had Jones as a higher resign priority then Bak, we just gave a 9 yr vet a 3rd contract for more money then probably any other LT has ever gotten given pro rated cost at the time of there contract, seriously with our new offensive schemes do we need a LT that can hold up for a 3 count, I think not.

I know I bias myself towards players that score points on offense, I thought everyone did, foolish me :lol: don't get me wrong, I'am glad to have Bakhtairi back, and understand that we need a good ol, but the ultimate goal of the offense is to score points, so in that sense I want a really good thrower, Runner, and catcher'sssss mostly. :banana:
I had Jones a higher priority too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jan 2021 10:16
Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2021 09:08
go pak go wrote:

I had Jones a higher priority too.
O, so your the other person :lol:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
10 Jan 2021 08:06
Scott4Pack wrote:

If we are not ready to really pay Aaron Jones will another team? It just seems teams don't value RBs like they used to. In any other era Jonathan Taylor would have been a first round pick last spring.
The Jags have a ton of cap. They are going to be paying Lawrence something like 8 million a year for his rookie contract They could offer Jones 15 mill a year for 3 or 4 years without batting an eye. Take the pressure off the QB. Throw in some OL and a WR and they've got an offense. Hopefully the owner will blow it though.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Cdragon wrote:
10 Jan 2021 11:24
Pugger wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

The Jags have a ton of cap. They are going to be paying Lawrence something like 8 million a year for his rookie contract They could offer Jones 15 mill a year for 3 or 4 years without batting an eye. Take the pressure off the QB. Throw in some OL and a WR and they've got an offense. Hopefully the owner will blow it though.
I suppose the cash and climate would be nice but why would Jones want to go up there? ;)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I like all of these draft picks very much, thanks.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cdragon wrote:
10 Jan 2021 11:24
Can I assume you're not familiar with their UDFA rookie James Robinson? He of the 1400+ all-purpose yards this past year?

If you are, why in God's name would the Jag's shell out $15 mil/yr for Jones when you have UDFA rookie Robinson playing for nickels already on your roster and providing the very production Jones would?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2021 08:43
Scott4Pack wrote:

we would move on if people would quit attributing Rodgers success this year to the stupid draft pick for his successor, as you just did. these insults directed at Rodgers have zero credibility, and just shows how little you think of Rodgers to even insinuate such nonsense, you stop, and I stop, same goes for Texas or anyone else in this forum.
Yoop, that isn't an insult to Rogers. It speaks to his human nature, just like it would to anybody else. Even if Rogers is GOAD, he needs motivation. too.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

I think several teams would see Jones' big play ability and pay him. Some teams don't play for championships, but still want some of their favorite toys. Cowboys maybe?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
12 Jan 2021 08:42
Yoop wrote:
10 Jan 2021 08:43
Scott4Pack wrote:

Yoop, that isn't an insult to Rogers. It speaks to his human nature, just like it would to anybody else. Even if Rogers is GOAD, he needs motivation. too.
sure it is, it says that winning a SB in his last couple years of his career isn't motivation enough, and that the changes to offensive schemes Lafluer brought, changes that Rodgers has hinted for the last couple years that he's wanted isn't enough either, what your seeing from Rodgers this year is a culmination of his love for these changes and a desire to finish his career with another SB win, all this talk that Guty drafted Love to motivate Rodgers is a bunch of click bait that has zero foundation of truth, propaganda, sorry Scott I don't buy any of it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I gotta agree with [mention]Yoop[/mention] on this one. I mean, yes, the human nature thing. Rodgers was pissed. He said so, himself. So what? That didn't make him play better. A million other things did, but if that had any actual value at all, it was miniscule.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
12 Jan 2021 09:22
I gotta agree with @Yoop on this one. I mean, yes, the human nature thing. Rodgers was pissed. He said so, himself. So what? That didn't make him play better. A million other things did, but if that had any actual value at all, it was miniscule.
I said all offseason this offense would make strides just based on it being year two and the addition by subtraction by getting rid of Graham.
Cancelled by the forum elites.