NO or TB?!? What's the better choice for us in the NFC game?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

For which team should I root tonight?

Poll ended at 18 Jan 2021 06:23

NO
80%
TB
20%

Total votes: 20

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

I think Rodgers is already firmly in the conversation with anyone below Manning and Brady. Those are the two I see as ahead of him right now if we are talking GOAT quarterback. He won't catch Manning without another SB win, and in the eyes of the general NFL fan, Rodgers would probably need 3 more to seriously challenge Brady in the conversation. Most GB fans would probably be in Rodgers corner if he got to three.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Mazrimiv wrote:
17 Jan 2021 13:30
I think Rodgers is already firmly in the conversation with anyone below Manning and Brady. Those are the two I see as ahead of him right now if we are talking GOAT quarterback. He won't catch Manning without another SB win, and in the eyes of the general NFL fan, Rodgers would probably need 3 more to seriously challenge Brady in the conversation. Most GB fans would probably be in Rodgers corner if he got to three.
Rodgers is leagues above Manning. That’s the most over rated QB of all time. Talk about surrounding a player with talent. All he did was play with first round picks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 13:18
Mazrimiv wrote:
17 Jan 2021 13:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Jan 2021 10:46
Beating Brady in the playoffs would be huge for Rodgers. If Rodgers wins it’s one for the GOAT discussion. If Rodgers loses the conversation is over and he will never be seen as better than Brady.
Without at least two more SB wins for Rodgers, I think that ship has already sailed. Beating a 43 year old Brady in their first playoff match up would not have a huge impact on the GOAT conversation.
I agree with this. If he gets to 2 rings, he is in the same breath as Manning and Brees. Probably ahead of Brees. If he gets 3 rings, he goes ahead of Manning and starts to be in the conversation with Brady.

I mean I know Brady had a great team and system. But my goodness. 6 rings is absolutely ridiculous.
Doesn't Brees only have one ring so far?

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

As a Packers fan I'd really really like to think that the cold weather bodes in our favor in some meaningful way but over the years I've become convinced that that's just not the case.

Brees has been in the league for what, 20 years now? How much of a shock could the cold really be for him at this point?

I do believe that the reduced crowds (and crowd noise) plays significantly to a team's advantage when they have a "cerebral" style of QB like AR. But that is moot at this point since we have HFA.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
17 Jan 2021 17:57
go pak go wrote:
Mazrimiv wrote:

Without at least two more SB wins for Rodgers, I think that ship has already sailed. Beating a 43 year old Brady in their first playoff match up would not have a huge impact on the GOAT conversation.
I agree with this. If he gets to 2 rings, he is in the same breath as Manning and Brees. Probably ahead of Brees. If he gets 3 rings, he goes ahead of Manning and starts to be in the conversation with Brady.

I mean I know Brady had a great team and system. But my goodness. 6 rings is absolutely ridiculous.
I think so .... 2009 I believe.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
17 Jan 2021 17:57
go pak go wrote:
Mazrimiv wrote:

Yeah. He has one ring. I was talking about if Rodgers gets 3 rings...it's definitely a conversation between Brady and Rodgers at that point for GOAT. I think 3 rings would have Aaron surpass anyone else.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Jan 2021 17:31
Mazrimiv wrote:
Rodgers is leagues above Manning. That’s the most over rated QB of all time. Talk about surrounding a player with talent. All he did was play with first round picks.
THIS!!

Also, Manning's teams generally won in spite of him rather than because of him in the playoffs and his last SuperBowl victory (he sucked in all but one of those SB appearances).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The GOAT stuff is BS. Too hard to compare era's. Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh, Unitas, Starr even Bradshaw and Staubach played a totally different game.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jan 2021 18:02
As a Packers fan I'd really really like to think that the cold weather bodes in our favor in some meaningful way but over the years I've become convinced that that's just not the case.

Brees has been in the league for what, 20 years now? How much of a shock could the cold really be for him at this point?

I do believe that the reduced crowds (and crowd noise) plays significantly to a team's advantage when they have a "cerebral" style of QB like AR. But that is moot at this point since we have HFA.
From some guy on Reddit.

“ In 2018 the Saints played the Bengals in Cincinnati where the temperature was 39 (it should be noted they put up 51 points in a near perfect game for Brees), to find the next game where it was below 40 you have to go back to December 19, 2010, when the Saints lost the Ravens in Baltimore thanks to 2 4th Quarter kicks from Billy Cundiff, the temperature was 34.

To find a regular season game colder than 32 you must go back to 2008, when the Saints lost in Chicago on a OT Field Goal by Robbie Gould, it was 28 that day

It should be noted in the 2013 season the Saints beat the Nick Foles lead Eagles in 26 degree weather in the Wild Card round, and in 2009 the Saints played the Panthers in Week 17 when it was 30 degrees, but the Saints where 13-2 and had the 1 seed locked up so Brees sat and Mark Brunell got the start”
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Can't believe we have the early game next week. No reason for that. Our game is the better audience draw.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

packman114 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 18:30
Can't believe we have the early game next week. No reason for that. Our game is the better audience draw.
It rotates every other year. Not based on either match up. Regardless, I love the early games. 2:00 is plenty late for me.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I do not like waiting around for Packers games. Bring 'em early, get it over with.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 18:30
I hate night games. I have zero chance of sleeping on a night game. I need 4 hours to calm down after a game.

It rotates each year. We were the late game last year. literally this postseason schedule could not have been any better.

I LOVED we were the early game yesterday. We get a full day of rest while these two South teams beat each other up.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Jan 2021 17:31
Mazrimiv wrote:
GB homerism at it's finest

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Tampa it is. Before last week, I didn't want New Orleans, after this... I think I would have taken the Saints over Tampa.
RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Man that center for TB is such a hack. Always hitting someone late and trying to draw a penalty. Hope Kenny destroys him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It took 4 turnovers for the Bucs to beat the Saints.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 20:57
It took 4 turnovers for the Bucs to beat the Saints.
It took 4 turnovers to get any points.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Mazrimiv wrote:
Rodgers might not be the GOAT because of the stupid championships argument, even though its a team sport with 53 players on a roster.

Rodgers is however the best QB ever on paper and on eye test.

He has the 2 highest rated single seasons nearly 10 years apart, has an mvp in between those seasons.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I don't love the style of D that Tampa plays as a matchup vs us. They crowd the line, blitz often and play tight man (you know, what everyone wishes Pettine would play all the time ;) ), and that has given the risk-averse AR fits in the past. There's obviously chances for huge plays if we handle that pressure, but I think it's tougher style for us than the Rams' D was.

I do believe LaFleur can analyze film and can figure out a counterplan, especially as we have the self-scout from our regular season game. In our first meeting, blitz-countering screens were conspicuously missing. Our usual "pick" plays can beat man coverage quick. If you get protection, the sidelines will be open deep vs cover-1. AR will have to stand there, deliver in time and take some hits. Fascinating to see what LaFleur/Hackett come up with.

Their O isn't as scary. We can handle it. Could use some turnovers.