Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
02 Apr 2020 10:33
I'll tell you why... because Rich Eisen is the $%@# man!!

I LOL'd.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]BF004[/mention] [mention]NCF[/mention]

That was $%@# hilarious!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Oh dear god I needed that! LOLOL

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Is it just me or is everything on tiktok just very cringe, and not funny at all?

If anyone was curious I'm getting a lot of yard work and reading done during this isolation crap. :mrgreen:
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Went to the ESPN home page just to see what they'd be talking about with all the shutdowns in place. One of their lead stories was about the Mets booth announcers doing play-by-play on a game simulation between the Mets and Astros. That's right, they were calling a game being played by two video gamers.

If I'm ever so bored to waste three hours of my life watching something like that, someone please put me out of my misery. :puke:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
04 Apr 2020 14:25
Is it just me or is everything on tiktok just very cringe, and not funny at all?

If anyone was curious I'm getting a lot of yard work and reading done during this isolation crap. :mrgreen:
Gotta find the right things; but they’re in there. :P

https://vm.tiktok.com/n8KJa1/

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

After threatening to do it for over a year a 20 yard dumpster was delivered yesterday, the purge is coming.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Been thinking about buying a motorcycle. Absolutely no experience riding and just a month ago I never would have given it a second thought. Probably just a "quarantine thought" but it's a thought that I haven't been able to shake the past week or so.

Anybody have any advice?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
11 Apr 2020 14:24
Been thinking about buying a motorcycle. Absolutely no experience riding and just a month ago I never would have given it a second thought. Probably just a "quarantine thought" but it's a thought that I haven't been able to shake the past week or so.

Anybody have any advice?
Yes. This is the way:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
09 Apr 2020 09:10
After threatening to do it for over a year a 20 yard dumpster was delivered yesterday, the purge is coming.
:lol:

My wife is a bit of a hoarder, well at least with clothes. Whether it's hers or children's clothes, I just don't see a reason to keep things for years and years. I've been taking advantage of being out of work and cleaning house, while she's at work. :twisted:
RIP JustJeff

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

I opened the root cellar door and started gutting. I told my wife we have not used it in 5 years it goes, it was kind of liberating.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
12 Apr 2020 09:30
I opened the root cellar door and started gutting. I told my wife we have not used it in 5 years it goes, it was kind of liberating.
There's just no reason to keep it. I've been trying to convince her of that for at least a year now.

Cleaned out the only unfinished room in the house (basically storage) a couple of weeks back, felt good to just get things thrown out and organized.

I can't touch her clothes though. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

One thing I have discovered during the crisis is NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series, great acoustic mini concerts.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
12 Apr 2020 11:55
One thing I have discovered during the crisis is NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series, great acoustic mini concerts.
Oh I love those, so many fun ones.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Just got done watching the Black Crows.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Screw you WI.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Apr 2020 13:15
Screw you WI.
No kidding. Hell, up in the UP we didn't even get rid of all of ours.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Yeah we received snow last night and today. I was boating in a t shirt last week. WTH.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
11 Apr 2020 14:24

Anybody have any advice?
[mention]Captain_Ben[/mention]

I hadn’t been on one since high school 25 years prior when I went and bought a used one about 6 years ago. I had that same itch and when I brought it up with the wife, she said why not? I figured getting a relatively inexpensive hoopty would give me a chance to see if it’s just an itch or a full blown thing. Got licensed at one of those all-weekend courses, started riding, took another advanced rider safety course, and now I’m full bore. Love it. Have since stepped up to 2016 HD Softail Slim S and absolutely love it.

My wife wasn’t a rider at all. She started riding as a passenger with me and liked it. Took her a while to trust me with it but she got past it eventually! She soon expressed an interest in riding herself so we got her licensed and she took over my old hoopty. She got comfortable riding but wasn’t thrilled with her physical fitment on that wider style bike (Suzuki Boulevard) so for Mother’s Day last year I swapped it for a HD 883 Sportster and she loves it. We now both go riding quite regularly with friends and it’s a blast. Something we can both do together.

Being an empty nester has its perks...
Attachments
794A461B-24FE-432B-9284-E2AE89C47874.jpeg
794A461B-24FE-432B-9284-E2AE89C47874.jpeg (169.84 KiB) Viewed 466 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »