Adams Contract Talks Halt

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

So just like Aaron Jones. Ugh, it's gonna SUCK without him isn't it?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yup, you can't overpay everybody.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2022 cap situation probably having a huge impact on negotiations.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:11
If Rodgers stays a Packer, Adams likely wants to be a Packer more, but the Packers can afford him significantly less.

If Rodgers doesn't stay a Packer, Adams likely doesn't want to be a Packer more, but the Packers can likely actually find a way to afford him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:35
Pckfn23 wrote:
If Rodgers stays a Packer, Adams likely wants to be a Packer more, but the Packers can afford him significantly less.

If Rodgers doesn't stay a Packer, Adams likely doesn't want to be a Packer more, but the Packers can likely actually find a way to afford him.
Exactly, pretty much why I have said it will be nearly impossible to keep both.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:24
over paid?????? Rodgers compared to other higher paid QB's is underpaid now, and Adams deserves a huge raise.

I can't fathom the money athletes get now days either, but just look at the money they create so owners can afford other talented players.

perfect compensation is a % of profits, and profit sharing should not exclude those that produce those profits, so it's pretty hard to say they are over paid when owners own small islands, small country's, 200 foot yachts, you get the point huh :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

these doinkers should draft a WR and QB every draft :rotf:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:54
Half Empty wrote:
over paid?????? Rodgers compared to other higher paid QB's is underpaid now, and Adams deserves a huge raise.

I can't fathom the money athletes get now days either, but just look at the money they create so owners can afford other talented players.

perfect compensation is a % of profits, and profit sharing should not exclude those that produce those profits, so it's pretty hard to say they are over paid when owners own small islands, small country's, 200 foot yachts, you get the point huh :idn:
Sorry, I thought (as it now stands) that there is a finite amount of money available to pay all the team members, something about a salary cap. If the team can throw as much as it wants at anyone they choose, then, certainly, pay AR, Adams, whoever much larger chunks.

I even thought that the cap had something to do with profits, and that a % of that went to those producing entertainment.

So then, yes, give those two all they want.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Half Empty wrote:
Rodgers has the 2nd highest cap hit in 2021 of all players in the NF at $37.5 Million

Meanwhile, the two SB QB's have the following 2021 cap hit:

Tom Brady = $10.5 million
Pat Mahomes = $7.5 million

And the AFC Championship team QB

Josh Allen = $6.9 million

And "yes" I understand this is cap hit and not money paid out, but for 2021 and 2022, Rodgers cap hit is plenty large and does impact our near-term decisions.

But I would say at this point, the only QB who is really clearly overpaid compared to Rodgers is Matt Ryan.
Last edited by go pak go on 24 Jul 2021 12:31, edited 3 times in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:56
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

The last two years they have. ;)
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2021 12:15
Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:56
go pak go wrote:

The last two years they have. ;)
long over due, ya can never have enough of the pitchers and catchers :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It should have been expected that we won’t be able to keep adams for his third contract in GB. The problem is the team has operated as if it will resign him by drafting only a third round WR in the last several years.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Oh no, the problem is that the team is $31 million over the cap already! No fake drama, real world (NFL) money issues.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

What these issues point out is that the Packers front office is showing themselves to be rather incompetent in certain areas. Though it seems a great deal of it gets back to poor communication with players. The FO seems unable to be upfront in communicating with the players. As time goes on, I find myself feeling less confident in the current FO. I am also beginning to feel more and more like changes need to be made in this area.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
24 Jul 2021 12:08
Yoop wrote:
Half Empty wrote:

Sorry, I thought (as it now stands) that there is a finite amount of money available to pay all the team members, something about a salary cap. If the team can throw as much as it wants at anyone they choose, then, certainly, pay AR, Adams, whoever much larger chunks.

I even thought that the cap had something to do with profits, and that a % of that went to those producing entertainment.

I took issue with them being over paid, and actually they aren't, it's just that we have to many second contract players making top dollar, and the covid season robbing profits to pay everyone, we'll be able to keep the team intact this year, but next year we'll have to trim the roster.

as to who gives us the best chance to win going forward, obviously the list starts with Rodgers, the most expensive player.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jul 2021 08:33
Half Empty wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I took issue with them being over paid, and actually they aren't, it's just that we have to many second contract players making top dollar, and the covid season robbing profits to pay everyone, we'll be able to keep the team intact this year, but next year we'll have to trim the roster.

as to who gives us the best chance to win going forward, obviously the list starts with Rodgers, the most expensive player.
I think I'm beginning to see why we almost never agree - the bold explains WHY they're overpaid, not whether or not they ARE.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
25 Jul 2021 10:39
Yoop wrote:
25 Jul 2021 08:33
Half Empty wrote:

I think I'm beginning to see why we almost never agree - the bold explains WHY they're overpaid, not whether or not they ARE.
NO IT DOESANT, and the reason we fail to agree is exactly this, most all of our 2nd contract players are NOT over paid, they make about average for there talent level compared to other vets around the league :thwap:

you used the term over payed, and shouldn't have, you seem to hate the players cause they make more then a highly educated person such as yourself, but thats neither here or there, obviously according to you and most people athletes are over paid, but according to revenue THEY produce your wrong.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Good grief, Davante sounds like Rodgers, too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Jul 2021 12:45
Good grief, Davante sounds like Rodgers, too.
Yep. I'm #1, pay me like it. Conversation over.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just said very clearly that he wants to be the highest paid receiver.

I bet he's looking at Hopkins' $27M/year 2-year deal, rather than the Julio $22M/year that is the next-highest.