Packers Trading for Issac Yiadom

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2021 17:18
NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2021 14:03
go pak go wrote:
17 Aug 2021 13:49
Let's be real here guys.

Yiadom is likely not making the Packers either. Could be a practice squad guy.
I don't know how you could possibly conclude that at this point in time. I think he has a fair chance of sticking. I won't call it likely or unlikely until we actually get to see and hear some things.
Because Yiadman is Bum Bum Sauce. Looks at those grades and stats. That’s atrocious. Already on team 3. Has won and lost the starting role multiple times. This dudes just filling a spot.
Don't think anyone here is hoping for him to turn into a CB. Give us a year of plus special teams play, and its a big win at this point.

Should he do something, anything, puts us in line for a comp pick as well, not insignificant. Can't imagine we could or will sign any FAs next year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2021 19:01
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:
17 Aug 2021 14:03

I don't know how you could possibly conclude that at this point in time. I think he has a fair chance of sticking. I won't call it likely or unlikely until we actually get to see and hear some things.
Because Yiadman is Bum Bum Sauce. Looks at those grades and stats. That’s atrocious. Already on team 3. Has won and lost the starting role multiple times. This dudes just filling a spot.
Don't think anyone here is hoping for him to turn into a CB. Give us a year of plus special teams play, and its a big win at this point.

Should he do something, anything, puts us in line for a comp pick as well, not insignificant. Can't imagine we could or will sign any FAs next year.
I can’t imagine a dude who would be on essentially 4 teams in 4 years getting enough in the FA market to get us a comp pick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2021 19:10
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I can’t imagine a dude who would be on essentially 4 teams in 4 years getting enough in the FA market to get us a comp pick.
Happens all the time after a good/decent year, Nick Perry for instance. Underpaid after his rookie deal, clearly overpaid after that, just one example, just takes one to sign him to 1.5+ million a year to get a comp pick.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Does anyone know what his duties were as a Special Teamer?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

#5-6 corner and a core special teamer. That's a good spot for him. Even as our 2nd corner off the bench, I don't mind it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2021 19:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Happens all the time after a good/decent year, Nick Perry for instance. Underpaid after his rookie deal, clearly overpaid after that, just one example, just takes one to sign him to 1.5+ million a year to get a comp pick.
The Nick Perry signing was just a terrible move made by an over rated GM.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I'll trade you this dirty sock with a hole in it for that piece of gum you've been chewing on all morning.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
17 Aug 2021 20:13
I'll trade you this dirty sock with a hole in it for that piece of gum you've been chewing on all morning.
If you would like to defend signing Nick Perry to a big long term deal after a single season of production and being one of the most injury prone players we have ever had since Bustin Harrell I'm all ears. That was the perfect opportunity to use the franchise tag and see if he can duplicate and if he does then you pay. If he doesnt you protected yourself long term.

Signing Perry to big money is up there in the conversation for biggest mysteries in human history. Pyramids. JFK. Nick Perry. Thats the list.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2021 20:47
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
If you would like to defend signing Nick Perry to a big long term deal after a single season of production and being one of the most injury prone players we have ever had since Bustin Harrell I'm all ears. That was the perfect opportunity to use the franchise tag and see if he can duplicate and if he does then you pay. If he doesnt you protected yourself long term.

Signing Perry to big money is up there in the conversation for biggest mysteries in human history. Pyramids. JFK. Nick Perry. Thats the list.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I was referring to JJ for IY.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
17 Aug 2021 20:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2021 20:47
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I was referring to JJ for IY.
Ahh I see what you mean. Apologies. Just finished a chest workout. Looking for a fight.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Aug 2021 19:27
BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2021 19:13
lupedafiasco wrote:

The Nick Perry signing was just a terrible move made by an over rated GM.
Several of those in the NFL. So there's a chance.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Worst possible example I could come up with to keep you on topic, lol, but the first one to pop into my head.

And [mention]Ghost_Lombardi[/mention], quit picking fights with lupe. Clearly just baiting him there. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2021 22:24
Worst possible example I could come up with to keep you on topic, lol, but the first one to pop into my head.

And @Ghost_Lombardi, quit picking fights with lupe. Clearly just baiting him there. :lol:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 7#slide_20
https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/galle ... 636dbcgk32
https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-wort ... l-history/

Here may be some better examples for you to use. Unfortunately, I don't think he will know any of the Packers on the list. 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Aug 2021 22:36
BF004 wrote:
17 Aug 2021 22:24

And @Ghost_Lombardi, quit picking fights with lupe. Clearly just baiting him there. :lol:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 7#slide_20
https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/galle ... 636dbcgk32
https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-wort ... l-history/

Here may be some better examples for you to use. Unfortunately, I don't think he will know any of the Packers on the list. 8-)
He should know Desmond Howard

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

great interview from "Ike" today
the beat writers kept trying to push the narrative that he should be "disappointed" to be traded twice - but he wasn't having any of it.
Good on him. Smart dude, wish him well

https://www.packers.com/video/yiadom-ex ... -green-bay
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
18 Aug 2021 17:17
great interview from "Ike" today
the beat writers kept trying to push the narrative that he should be "disappointed" to be traded twice - but he wasn't having any of it.
Good on him. Smart dude, wish him well

https://www.packers.com/video/yiadom-ex ... -green-bay
I liked that about his interview, too.

Read More. Post Less.