Seahawks @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 14th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Let Rodgers guide five TD drives in the first half.
Let Love mop up in the second half.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Good chance even if Rodgers plays he wont be his sharpest either after a respiratory illness and two weeks off from practicing.

I expect Wilson to be rusty too tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 07:58
Good chance even if Rodgers plays he wont be his sharpest either after a respiratory illness and two weeks off from practicing.

Thankfully QB's are rarely breathing hard on the field.

Pretty much any other position other than P/K/QB, I'd be more hesitant.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 08:03
Drj820 wrote:

If we allow 7 man blitzes like last week, Rodgers is going to be breathing hard.

But yeah. I agree, he's probably least likely to be as affected by it.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm more curious how this works from a game planning perspective with no live reps all week. Rodgers just studies on his own at his house? I really expect the offense to continue to look disjointed, but hopefully (HOPEFULLY) with Bakhtiari in the line-up they execute better and don't get physically beaten as often as they did in Kansas City.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
10 Nov 2021 08:08
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

If we allow 7 man blitzes like last week, Rodgers is going to be breathing hard.

I can't imagine SEA blitzing AR as much as KC did to Love last Sunday.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:03
paco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I would. At least start with that. See if you can take advantage of the O-line like KC did. Even if Bakh is back, is he 100%? Rodgers may not be 100% and won't move as well. Plus, he hasn't been near as good against the blitz the last few years as he used to be. If he carves you up, then you start to sit back. But I'd certainly give it a shot.

Lot of ifs in there, but I'd definitely give a few of those looks early to see how GB handles it.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I think people are over estimating how much more effective Rodgers would have been against KC than Love was under that pressure.

I will absolutely agree that the offense produces more points. For instance, the two balls to Adams in the 4th quarter are likely connected (the TD and even the INT). There also is probably another 3rd down or 2 converted sprinkled in there to Adams.

But a lot of stuff would be broken and will be broken if SEA is as effective as KC was on the blitz. It's not just necessarily that KC blitzed a lot, it's that KC was so effective at blitzhing; primarily because our center and RG were so, so bad.

We have a history of this. Our offense stinks when the opposing front 7 gets through the LOS under 2 seconds (as does everyone's). The Packers always lose when we have historically bad games from an Olineman that Royce Newman put together on Sunday. Think of your Alex Light 2019 mess. Your Byron Bell 2018 messes. Your Don Barclay, Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy 2016 - 2017 messes.

That was the level of bad Royce Newman had on Sunday. My guess is Rodgers gets us one more TD and maybe another FG range drive or so more than Love did with the same game experience. And that would make sense. Jordan got 7 points. Another TD gets you 14 points plus the two FG misses is 20 points and the other FG drive is 23 points.

Definitely enough to win. About on par of what our offense has done this season and we would be really questioning more so about our Oline.

The Packers really, really need to improve consistency at that Center and RG spot or we will be in trouble
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
10 Nov 2021 08:17
I'm more curious how this works from a game planning perspective with no live reps all week. Rodgers just studies on his own at his house? I really expect the offense to continue to look disjointed, but hopefully (HOPEFULLY) with Bakhtiari in the line-up they execute better and don't get physically beaten as often as they did in Kansas City.
AR can attend meetings virtually. Just can't be in the facility until Sat

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:29
Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:

I think people are over estimating how much more effective Rodgers would have been against KC than Love was under that pressure.

I will absolutely agree that the offense produces more points. For instance, the two balls to Adams in the 4th quarter are likely connected (the TD and even the INT). There also is probably another 3rd down or 2 converted sprinkled in there to Adams.

But a lot of stuff would be broken and will be broken if SEA is as effective as KC was on the blitz. It's not just necessarily that KC blitzed a lot, it's that KC was so effective at blitzhing; primarily because our center and RG were so, so bad.

We have a history of this. Our offense stinks when the opposing front 7 gets through the LOS under 2 seconds (as does everyone's). The Packers always lose when we have historically bad games from an Olineman that Royce Newman put together on Sunday. Think of your Alex Light 2019 mess. Your Byron Bell 2018 messes. Your Don Barclay, Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy 2016 - 2017 messes.

That was the level of bad Royce Newman had on Sunday. My guess is Rodgers gets us one more TD and maybe another FG range drive or so more than Love did with the same game experience. And that would make sense. Jordan got 7 points. Another TD gets you 14 points plus the two FG misses is 20 points and the other FG drive is 23 points.

Definitely enough to win. About on par of what our offense has done this season and we would be really questioning more so about our Oline.

The Packers really, really need to improve consistency at that Center and RG spot or we will be in trouble
Do you think KC would have blitzed AR like they did Love? Our OL has held up pretty well with these guys before last Sunday against better defenses than the Chiefs. KC did what any DC would do - blitz a young QB like crazy and make him as uncomfortable as possible. Like Love said in his post game presser - had we made KC pay for blitzing like that they would have backed off too.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

paco wrote:
10 Nov 2021 06:44
Am I the only one that's at 50/50 Rodgers is back for this game? If his ramp up in workouts this week and workout Saturday don't go well, he's going to sit. Seems everyone thinks him playing is a foregone conclusion.
No, I actually wonder if it might be in Rodger's best interests to sit this game out. While I sure as heck don't want to lose this game, I absolutely don't want to put Rodgers in any jeopardy. We don't stand a chance of winning the Super Bowl without him at QB.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:36
NCF wrote:
I doubt that very much, the rules state he must quaranteen for 10 days, that means no contact with any Packer personal till Sat.

Rodgers got off with a slap on the wrist 14k fine, if he does anything to break protocol the league will come down hard.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:51
wallyuwl wrote:
NCF wrote:
I doubt that very much, the rules state he must quaranteen for 10 days, that means no contact with any Packer personal till Sat.

Rodgers got off with a slap on the wrist 14k fine, if he does anything to break protocol the league will come down hard.
He's already been on meetings. Rodgers and MLF have said that. He can do virtual meetings.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:56
Yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

He's already been on meetings. Rodgers and MLF have said that. He can do virtual meetings.
I must be confusing virtual and "in person" is virtual on a PC? :thwap:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2021 10:01
paco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

:rotf: Yes Yoop, virtual is on a computer from his house. In person typically involves touching people.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
NCF wrote:

For breaking protocol in 2020 Baltimore was fined $250K, NE & Tennessee were fined $350K, Vegas was fined $500K & lost a 6th rounder in '21, and NO was fined $500k & lost a 7th for being repeat offenders. Other player fines were Dwayne Haskins $40K in Dec. '20, Isaiah McKenzie & Cole Beasley $14,650 each in August '21. If AR, Lazard and GB do it again the the league will indeed come down hard.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
10 Nov 2021 10:04
Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2021 10:01
paco wrote:

:rotf: Yes Yoop, virtual is on a computer from his house. In person typically involves touching people.
:rotf: I'am pretty much virtual then myself, since covid anyway, I got my annual physical though the other day and there was some touching involved, can't say that I liked it very much though :( :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
10 Nov 2021 10:08
Yoop wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

For breaking protocol in 2020 Baltimore was fined $250K, NE & Tennessee were fined $350K, Vegas was fined $500K & lost a 6th rounder in '21, and NO was fined $500k & lost a 7th for being repeat offenders. Other player fines were Dwayne Haskins $40K in Dec. '20, Isaiah McKenzie & Cole Beasley $14,650 each in August '21. If AR, Lazard and GB do it again the the league will indeed come down hard.
yep, agreed, better to play it safe, we can't afford to lose Rodgers to any more games, or the team lose draft picks, not worth it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:48
go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:29
Pugger wrote:

Do you think KC would have blitzed AR like they did Love? Our OL has held up pretty well with these guys before last Sunday against better defenses than the Chiefs. KC did what any DC would do - blitz a young QB like crazy and make him as uncomfortable as possible. Like Love said in his post game presser - had we made KC pay for blitzing like that they would have backed off too.
Maybe. Maybe not. But l do know now looking back that blitzing no matter what was the correct strategy because our perimeter would have absolutely eaten their secondary alive if given time to throw. I mean look at Love when he had time to throw. He carved em up.

The only thing we do know is they blitzed and it was very effective because our execution on the Oline, QB and game plan was not prepared to counter it at all. These things need to get cleaned up. No passing attack will be effecive when the QB is impacted by the rush in under 2 seconds.

And I think we overstate the effectiveness of our Oline this year. We are overstating because of the musical chairs and challenges they have gone through but by no means are they anywhere close to as effective as they were in 2020. Just a lot more blown up plays this year because of OL mistakes.

Has the Oline been great considering what they have gone through? Absolutely. But the 2020 Packers was clearly a top 2 offense in the league. The 2021 Packers is average when you exclude the low producing games (like week 1, 8 and 9) and below average when you include the entire season.

The reason there is hope is because we hope getting our troops back will make this offense role once again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rodgers said he felt poor for 1 day and then the next day he felt fine. If he passes the medical examines, which it seems likely, I don't see any reason why he won't or shouldn't play.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."