Packers Next Stadium

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
22 Nov 2021 10:18
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Nov 2021 09:51
paco wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:53

Have we not had enough drama and crap to fight about this season already? I don't have the headspace for this lunacy, even in the off-season!
But you see there may not be a way out of this ... the Packers lunatic fringe is more visible due to sheer numbers. Just ask Bogey.
Go Packers!
I'm not under the impression that Lambeau will always stay the way it is. I expect some day it gets torn down, or gets a roof, or something. But I'll worry about it when that day comes. Which is a long way away yet. And I still don't have to like it.

Just seemed like a weird time to bring it up Ringo!
I fully concur. Sometimes after painful losses or being tired of hearing about the injuries, COVID, I divert .... like picking up what may be a rare reminder of the dark ages ..... a 1974 Topps Lionel Aldridge card. Lionel and 'Happiness is Muddin' Bob Brown #78 finished their stellar careers with the Chargers and Bengals, respectively, and both had 1970s Topps football cards. Cripes Donny Anderson had a St Louis Cardinals Topps card. Ron Kramer had a Lions card, Tom Moore and Travis William's had Rams cards. LeeRoy Caffey had a Bears card. Herb Adderley had a Cowboys card. Dave Robinson and Bob Long had Redskins cards. Jimmy Taylor and Paul Hornung had Saints cards. Dan Grimm and Dennis Claridge and Junior Coffey had Falcons cards. Dale Hackbart had a Vikings card. Bill Howton had Browns and Cowboys cards. Jim Ringo had Eagles cards. Earl Gros had Steelers cards.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 23 Nov 2021 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

If you don't like the elements stay in your recliner.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Nov 2021 08:35
More than that, you can't have the Packers be exactly like the other, billionaire -owned, franchises. We will not benefit from the draw of awesome QBs and continued success forever.

So if you lose the romanticism and the unique character of the stadium and the franchise itself, we will be in trouble. Green Bay can't compete with the billionaires head to head. We can compete by being the representative of olden times, and by being different enough to be interesting to, for example, a person from Finland or a crapload of people around the US.

Snow games and rough weather games are the spice that keeps the sport from tasting all vanilla and boring. And many do desire the easy comfort. But let that be the thing for others. There a niche to be won over by being tough. Be the ones who know how to withstand the weather.

As a Finn, it's really not that hard. Layer up. A bottom layer of cotton or breathing sport fabric, then real wool that warms even when wet, then a layer to stop wind and rain. And keep it airy, looking thin isn't the goal, leaving air between layers is the key to insulation. Shoes one half size too big with thick soles and insulating insoles, and then real woolen socks over the usual ones. Wind stopping cap (I do a wind-stopper cap and a woolen one for the harshest days) and airy mittens, never gloves. In extreme cold, also double up with woolen mittens under wind-stopping ones.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

That is a lot to take in, Sal. I just drink enough whiskey to ensure I stay warm throughout the game.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Nov 2021 09:27
That is a lot to take in, Sal. I just drink enough whiskey to ensure I stay warm throughout the game.
But I haven't even gotten to the real tips for extreme cold involving vaseline, raindeer hides, shared human body heat and vodka! :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

who here actually thought Ringo was serious?

lots of angry quotes for nothing, Ringo your post was a success, you took peoples minds off the lousy loss, if only for a moment. :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Nov 2021 08:59
Packfntk wrote:
More than that, you can't have the Packers be exactly like the other, billionaire -owned, franchises. We will not benefit from the draw of awesome QBs and continued success forever.

So if you lose the romanticism and the unique character of the stadium and the franchise itself, we will be in trouble. Green Bay can't compete with the billionaires head to head. We can compete by being the representative of olden times, and by being different enough to be interesting to, for example, a person from Finland or a crapload of people around the US.

Snow games and rough weather games are the spice that keeps the sport from tasting all vanilla and boring. And many do desire the easy comfort. But let that be the thing for others. There a niche to be won over by being tough. Be the ones who know how to withstand the weather.

As a Finn, it's really not that hard. Layer up. A bottom layer of cotton or breathing sport fabric, then real wool that warms even when wet, then a layer to stop wind and rain. And keep it airy, looking thin isn't the goal, leaving air between layers is the key to insulation. Shoes one half size too big with thick soles and insulating insoles, and then real woolen socks over the usual ones. Wind stopping cap (I do a wind-stopper cap and a woolen one for the harshest days) and airy mittens, never gloves. In extreme cold, also double up with woolen mittens under wind-stopping ones.
Listen to the Finn. Exactly the course of action needed on this thread. For the single digit and zero degree and below zero games you need the mittens, hand warmers, layers, thermals top and bottom, a turtleneck, Cabelas (or other) Iditarod boots (yes, a size too big to accommodate the socks), wool everything, down parka, wind protection everywhere. My secret weapons are the boots, Eddie Bauer ridgeline parka and the Carhartt insulated bibs.

Never saw much value in hard liquor after 1991 unless it was the night before :rotf:

Who is planning to attend a 2021 season playoff game at Lambeau?
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 23 Nov 2021 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
Or get a suite ticket behind the glass .... surprised these seats even exist.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Nov 2021 12:39
Packfntk wrote:

They stink. I have had to sit in them for work. If I am not in the bowl I would rather stay home.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Nov 2021 13:00
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Nov 2021 12:39
Packfntk wrote:

They stink. I have had to sit in them for work. If I am not in the bowl I would rather stay home.
Has anyone sat in the Outdoor Clubs? Is there any advantage to them?

Things that annoy me about being in the bowl

1. I have fat people sit next to me and our row doesn't have enough room for the people with tickets. Especially a big deal during cold games.
2. Fans getting in front of me constantly to go to the bathroom.
3. "Sit Down" chants from you know who's.

Does Outdoor Clubs alleviate any of things? Or is the game day experience still simply best in the bowl? BTW, I belive the Lambeau Field bowl has the best viewing of the field of any stadium I have ever been to. Not a bad seat in the house in the bowl.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Haven't sat in outdoor club, but yeah, those things bother me as well. I have the same response to the "Down in Front" people. Go sit in your F'n recliner if you don't want to get up and get involved in the gameday experience. No stadium out of the 18 I have been to sits as much as Lambeau. Get on your feet yell on defense. If not, you are just wasting space in the stadium.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Suites now that the windows can be opened are awesome!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Nov 2021 13:09
Haven't sat in outdoor club, but yeah, those things bother me as well. I have the same response to the "Down in Front" people. Go sit in your F'n recliner if you don't want to get up and get involved in the gameday experience. No stadium out of the 18 I have been to sits as much as Lambeau. Get on your feet yell on defense. If not, you are just wasting space in the stadium.
now days I'am mostly a space eater, when my uncle had season tickets section 122 row 40, I froze my cheeks on those aluminum benches lots, mostly because there weren't many occasions to leap, shout or cheer, but we did so every chance we had, now days the suites would be my choice, I just can't take the cold or stand the way I did when I was young.

you sound pretty grumpy Nick, I hope all is well for you :aok:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yoop wrote:
23 Nov 2021 13:44
Packfntk wrote:
now days I'am mostly a space eater, when my uncle had season tickets section 122 row 40, I froze my cheeks on those aluminum benches lots, mostly because there weren't many occasions to leap, shout or cheer, but we did so every chance we had, now days the suites would be my choice, I just can't take the cold or stand the way I did when I was young.

LOL. Not at all buddy, sorry it came off that way in text. I just wish fans in Lambeau wouldn't be the laziest in the league, because that is the reality. Growing up I always thought Packer fans were rowdy, loud, and passionate. Passionate has not changed, but after seeing most of the league, Lambeau is very tame.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Nov 2021 13:53
Yoop wrote:
Packfntk wrote:

LOL. Not at all buddy, sorry it came off that way in text. I just wish fans in Lambeau wouldn't be the laziest in the league, because that is the reality. Growing up I always thought Packer fans were rowdy, loud, and passionate. Passionate has not changed, but after seeing most of the league, Lambeau is indeed very tame.
Extreme rowdiness, drunkenness, and/or vulgar language isn't tolerated at Lambeau anymore. Sneaking in half pints seems to have disappeared as well.
Correct...passionate has not changed. And Lambeau is very tame.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah Lambeau Field being lazy, old and dull is the one thing that REALLY bums me out of being a Packers fan because I am not that at all. It also honestly has stopped my passion for going to Lambeau Field because every time I go I get told to sit down. I didn't spend $200 to be told how to fan.

I became a Packers fan in the 90s because well, everyone knows why. It was the team to love and as I got to know the Packers story more and how passionate fans are, I loved them even more

....and then I went to Lambeau. The first experience was awesome because it was so eye opening and the stadium and Atrium/Hall of Fame are just so cool. But then the more I traveled elsewhere, I saw just how lazy and rude Packers fans are to fellow Packers fans who want to make Lambeau Field a home field advantage.

And I got to say. This part bothers me. A lot. I am incredibly jealous of the atmosphere that Arrowhead, CenturyLink and Metradome/US Bank Stadium has. It's a real advantage and we don't take advantage of that. And honestly I get even more upset at the excuse of "those stadiums pump in sound". Because that just excuses Lambeau for being lame.

And I know this will never change. I mean there were complaints when coach would bring it up. The winningest coach in Packers history can't even get people to stand up while on defense unless it is a big 3rd down in the 4th quarter. :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Packfntk wrote:
23 Nov 2021 13:53
Yoop wrote:
Packfntk wrote:

LOL. Not at all buddy, sorry it came off that way in text. I just wish fans in Lambeau wouldn't be the laziest in the league, because that is the reality. Growing up I always thought Packer fans were rowdy, loud, and passionate. Passionate has not changed, but after seeing most of the league, Lambeau is very tame.
I enjoy your stadium comments of opposing teams, keep them coming, personally I think the extra excitment and passion is a age and to some extent a drinking thing, when I was young and indulged I never sat down, when I got older I suppose like many some of that energy dissipated, I sat more, still Lambeau seemed pretty loud, thing is the young have always complained that the older fans sat to much at Lambeau, some things never change :lol:

I remember going to the Silver dome years ago and it would take a couple days for my ears to stop ringing, and just the opposite was soldiers field, talk about a dead zone, you could take a nap and rest peacefully in that place except a few years in the 80's when they where good.

If your not a season ticket holder and only go to Lambeau sporadically it's a shrine to be adored, everything about it is fabulous, that it lacks some of the noise of other venues is small potatoes to me, I cherish every occasion I was able to attend. :aok:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Oh, totally. Lambeau is the most special place in the league, there is NO place like it. The atmosphere is 2nd to none, and Packer faithful fill it every gameday and are ready to cheer. The celebrations after TD's are like nothing I have seen, just wish it were louder to help the defense out on non-3rd down plays, Packer fan takes those plays off.

At the Seahawks game, I was sitting next to two dudes from England. Said it was their life long bucket list goal to make the trek, and they were telling me how incredible it was. When we were up at the end of the game, shutting out the Hawks, Packer fans celebrating, snow flurries flying, I went and put my arm around him and he said it was the best thing he had ever seen. Awesome.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Nov 2021 08:23
Oh, totally. Lambeau is the most special place in the league, there is NO place like it. The atmosphere is 2nd to none, and Packer faithful fill it every gameday and are ready to cheer. The celebrations after TD's are like nothing I have seen, just wish it were louder to help the defense out on non-3rd down plays, Packer fan takes those plays off.

At the Seahawks game, I was sitting next to two dudes from England. Said it was their life long bucket list goal to make the trek, and they were telling me how incredible it was. When we were up at the end of the game, shutting out the Hawks, Packer fans celebrating, snow flurries flying, I went and put my arm around him and he said it was the best thing he had ever seen. Awesome.
This is why we say "Bring it to Lambeau"! As John Madden would say .... If there ever was a shrine of the National Football League.....Lambeau Field would be it.

Looking forward to another playoff game at Lambeau. Don't worry .... they stand and are loud at playoff games. It's about the Packers .... passion, intensity and pride. The southendzone 16 inch line is a national treasure.....as is the 31 Wedge play. It's an honor and privilege to attend a Packers game at Lambeau Field.....never gets old. Go Pack Go!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2021 06:32
Yeah Lambeau Field being lazy, old and dull is the one thing that REALLY bums me out of being a Packers fan because I am not that at all. It also honestly has stopped my passion for going to Lambeau Field because every time I go I get told to sit down. I didn't spend $200 to be told how to fan.

I became a Packers fan in the 90s because well, everyone knows why. It was the team to love and as I got to know the Packers story more and how passionate fans are, I loved them even more

....and then I went to Lambeau. The first experience was awesome because it was so eye opening and the stadium and Atrium/Hall of Fame are just so cool. But then the more I traveled elsewhere, I saw just how lazy and rude Packers fans are to fellow Packers fans who want to make Lambeau Field a home field advantage.

And I got to say. This part bothers me. A lot. I am incredibly jealous of the atmosphere that Arrowhead, CenturyLink and Metradome/US Bank Stadium has. It's a real advantage and we don't take advantage of that. And honestly I get even more upset at the excuse of "those stadiums pump in sound". Because that just excuses Lambeau for being lame.

And I know this will never change. I mean there were complaints when coach would bring it up. The winningest coach in Packers history can't even get people to stand up while on defense unless it is a big 3rd down in the 4th quarter. :roll:
Dull????? WTHRUTA? :thwap: :argue:

Civility has merits as well.