Jaire Alexander to be activated from IR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

For me it seems better to get Alexander back 100% for the Playoffs (he will still get some snaps in the season to get into rhythm) and miss Bak & Z than to get back all three with 50%. I do not want players in the postseason who didn't play for months and didn't play at least in one serious game before it starts. Because in such a case odds are pretty good those players do something "stupid" due to lack of competition rhythm.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

German_Panzer wrote:
30 Dec 2021 09:50
For me it seems better to get Alexander back 100% for the Playoffs (he will still get some snaps in the season to get into rhythm) and miss Bak & Z than to get back all three with 50%. I do not want players in the postseason who didn't play for months and didn't play at least in one serious game before it starts. Because in such a case odds are pretty good those players do something "stupid" due to lack of competition rhythm.
We're starting our 4th and 5th OTs and the inability to contain pass rush was the exact reason we got bounced next year. Sure, I want the guys to get some Lions game reps first, but this notion that we wouldn't benefit from all pro players returning like Bakh and Z just because they're out of rhythm is silly.

We want our bonus elite players back. All of them. As healthy as they can get.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Dec 2021 10:11
German_Panzer wrote:
30 Dec 2021 09:50
We're starting our 4th and 5th OTs and the inability to contain pass rush was the exact reason we got bounced next year. Sure, I want the guys to get some Lions game reps first, but this notion that we wouldn't benefit from all pro players returning like Bakh and Z just because they're out of rhythm is silly.

We want our bonus elite players back. All of them. As healthy as they can get.
Again, taking a trip through history to that NY Giants Divisional Play-off loss, starting Chad Clifton over Marshall Newhouse proved to be the wrong decision. That sits somewhere in the back of my mind... although, I think way more so for Bak than for either Z or Jaire. For Z and Jaire, those are plug and play pieces on defense that aren't going to do anything but benefit the unit as a whole. Bak, on the other hand, with continuity such a concern for OL play and rhythm on offense, it scares me much more.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

There are two games left and bahk isn’t even practicing this week. His injury happened right at a full year ago, and he’s not even practicing this week.

I think the odds are now less than 50% we see him at all this year. How he fits in could very well be a moot point.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There has not been continuity all season on the line.

As for Clifton he was 35 and that was literally the last game of his career. That performance was more so exemplifying his need to retire than his inability to recover from an injury. He even started week 17 before the divisional round.

If anything these guys are depth. Pretty sure we don't want to be taping into Ben Braden again or see Tipa Galeai starting or want Chanson Sullivan as our starting outside corner.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
30 Dec 2021 10:20
Again, taking a trip through history to that NY Giants Divisional Play-off loss, starting Chad Clifton over Marshall Newhouse proved to be the wrong decision. That sits somewhere in the back of my mind... although, I think way more so for Bak than for either Z or Jaire. For Z and Jaire, those are plug and play pieces on defense that aren't going to do anything but benefit the unit as a whole. Bak, on the other hand, with continuity such a concern for OL play and rhythm on offense, it scares me much more.
What continuity? We've started 2 different LTs (and one of them is a guard), 2 different RTs, 2 different Cs....

obviously, if Bakh isn't practicing and good to go by the divisional round of the playoffs, no dice. But if Turner remains out and we're looking at Nijman and Kelly versus the conference's best pass rushers, I'll take Bakh back any day of the week.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Dec 2021 10:41
NCF wrote:
30 Dec 2021 10:20
What continuity? We've started 2 different LTs (and one of them is a guard), 2 different RTs, 2 different Cs....

obviously, if Bakh isn't practicing and good to go by the divisional round of the playoffs, no dice. But if Turner remains out and we're looking at Nijman and Kelly versus the conference's best pass rushers, I'll take Bakh back any day of the week.
I wonder if Nijman can play RT. I'd be in favor of starting him there for the last game if Bakh is ready a week from now.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

If the offense could avoid penalties and 3rd and longs regardless of which player is an offensive lineman ..... :blah: :blah: :cigar: :rimshot: :rimshot: :rimshot: