Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
27 Apr 2023 15:09
But you haven’t.

No one has ever blamed Aaron Rodgers for every loss.
OK almost every loss then, :lol: I remember Rodgers being blamed for the loss to the Giants in 2011, I remember people saying we won the SB in spite of Rodgers, the blame thrown at Rodgers far exceeds every reason for every loss.

I sat here and begged for WR help help for the guy and had to listen to defense upon defense for the scrubs beyond Devonte Adams, and for anyone to think a QB doesn't develop tunnel vision when he reads route progression and the only receiver even remotely open is the same guy over and over, I have to wonder what the heck you've been watching, cause it surely isn't football, cripes that stuff is as old as the game itself, it's a natural tendency.

I get it, don't complain about the GM, but whats went on here since 2014 is un natural, I can't even fathom why a GM would do that to a QB like him.

lis, I'am a production drafter more so then a D&D drafter, and I always will be, and when I was your age I hit on a lot of my picks, and whether you or Yoho or anyone here agree's so was Ted Thompson, so was Ron Wolf, no way either of those two would have drafted Gary, not on your life. :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Apr 2023 15:37
BF004 wrote:
27 Apr 2023 15:09
But you haven’t.

No one has ever blamed Aaron Rodgers for every loss.
OK almost every loss then, :lol: I remember Rodgers being blamed for the loss to the Giants in 2011, I remember people saying we won the SB in spite of Rodgers, the blame thrown at Rodgers far exceeds every reason for every loss.

I sat here and begged for WR help help for the guy and had to listen to defense upon defense for the scrubs beyond Devonte Adams, and for anyone to think a QB doesn't develop tunnel vision when he reads route progression and the only receiver even remotely open is the same guy over and over, I have to wonder what the heck you've been watching, cause it surely isn't football, cripes that stuff is as old as the game itself, it's a natural tendency.

I get it, don't complain about the GM, but whats went on here since 2014 is un natural, I can't even fathom why a GM would do that to a QB like him.

lis, I'am a production drafter more so then a D&D drafter, and I always will be, and when I was your age I hit on a lot of my picks, and whether you or Yoho or anyone here agree's so was Ted Thompson, so was Ron Wolf, no way either of those two would have drafted Gary, not on your life. :thwap:
His denial was based on a semantic lol
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

You know Aaron Rodgers has peeked at the Packers draft picks thus far…

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:00
No 1st round receiver, but otherwise...

:rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:25
APB wrote:

Last year we went WR, OL, WR, OL for him.

I know we aren’t using first rounders, but followed up with TE, WR, TE and I’m hoping OL in the 4th today, that is a lot of investment.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
My guess is there is steam coming out of his ears over having had to throw to Tyler Davis and Sammy Watkins

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jets continuing to surround Aaron with talent he never had in GB. :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:27
salmar80 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:25
APB wrote:

Last year we went WR, OL, WR, OL for him.

I know we aren’t using first rounders, but followed up with TE, WR, TE and I’m hoping OL in the 4th today, that is a lot of investment.
IMHO Guty took Watson, Doubs and everyone else last year for LOVE, I also think Murphy forced the 150 mil contract or had the loudest voice in the room to do whatever we had to do to keep Rodgers last year, obviously it became a consensus of opinion to do so because they thought Love needed more time, heck everyone here probably thinks so to since most wanted him traded prior to last season.

as Favre said when he left, the team was finally much better right when he was leaving, same for Rodgers, Guty loaded up the receiver room for Love, not the departing Rodgers.

I will never get over what went on here with team building since 2015, probably because it's happening during the end of my time, or closer to it, urrr.

but I will forever be grateful for both Favre and Rodgers this last 30 years, again if ya have a great gun, it's a sin to not buy good bullets :nono:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Billy Turner continues to prove we massively overpaid for a scrub a dub dub.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2023 11:54
Billy Turner continues to prove we massively overpaid for a scrub a dub dub.
why because he sucked at LT with almost zero playing time at the position, for us he was a very good RT for most of his time as a Packer, and I expect he'll be the same for the Jets

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Just saw on my yootoob feed that Rodgers did an interview on McAfee today. I will have to check it out, can't listen now.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
02 May 2023 16:02
Just saw on my yootoob feed that Rodgers did an interview on McAfee today. I will have to check it out, can't listen now.
I just googled it and the last show he did was pre draft last Thursday night, at least thats all I could find, there was this draft guru on with the handle Mad Mel, cussing and going on and on bashing every other draft Guru I've ever heard of with F bombs after F bombs, so it made for easy listening :rotf: Even straight faced cigar puffing AJ was cracking up.

no Rodgers though.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I do think that 12, oops, I mean 8 will probably chill from McAfee for a little while as he honeymoons the NY press and fan base. He will start slow and ease his way into public conversations.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Rodgers was on to wish McAfee happy birthday. Talked for like 30 minutes. So obvious that his time here was done. He wasn't willing to put in the effort here that he is with the Jets. Kind of makes sense, new team, new city, lots of fanfare, it would be hard not to be all in with that type of opportunity. He may have thought he wanted to finish his career in GB but the reality of starting new in a big city has got to be intoxicating. Today's game is different, and so are today's athletes.

Congrats to him for finding the fountain of youth and kudos to Jordan Love for accepting his role here with class and the willingness to prove himself.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Not surprised if that’s what Rodgers said on McAfee. 18 years is a very long time in one setting. Lots of complacency and maybe even fatigue. (I realize this is saying a lot for a guy who has played as well as he has.) But I agree it was time. Sometimes the apple hangs on the tree too long. There didn’t seem to be any compelling reason to keep him. He wasn’t guiding us to playoff wins and there was hardly a better time than this year to “reset” the roster.

——

BTW, I’m hearing that the Jets are signing Cobb! No comment necessary.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm actually not as mad about Rodgers going to OTA's as some people are. Who hasn't worked for an employer and gotten burnt out, and then you get a new job and have a renewed feeling of ambition. Human nature.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

As he said, it's nice to feel wanted, what have the Packers done for Rodgers besides giving him big money contracts the last 6 or 7 years? the FO allowed the WR and TE positions to stagnate, basically the only favor was to bring Cobb back.

true he probably was tired of coming to OTA's, the best receivers provided besides Adams where the 3 stooges, and he and Adams had the chemistry stuff perfected, not coming last year may have been a message to Guty, in that thanks for finally bringing in receiver help now that I'am on the way out the door.

004: I will never get over the situation concerning this, not ever, we had one of the best to ever play, and decided building a freaking defense was more important then keeping what we had going on offense till the end of 2014.

I personally feel robbed as a life long Packer fan, and this defense has never even come close to playing up to the resources spent on it, watching Rodgers dissect a defense with guys like Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb and Devonte equaled the pleasure of the Lombardi years, not necessarily in name sake trophy's just simply with exhilarating plays, no one matched Rodgers for that, I will always feel cheated because our GM's didn't value that as much as I did. spilt milk :oops:

obviously I'll be on board for the future with Jordan Love, hope he and the Packers reward us with exceptional play and success, where on to a new era now. :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2023 11:30
004: I will never get over the situation concerning this, not ever, we had one of the best to ever play, and decided building a freaking defense was more important then keeping what we had going on offense till the end of 2014.

I personally feel robbed as a life long Packer fan, and this defense has never even come close to playing up to the resources spent on it, watching Rodgers dissect a defense with guys like Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb and Devonte equaled the pleasure of the Lombardi years, not necessarily in name sake trophy's just simply with exhilarating plays, no one matched Rodgers for that, I will always feel cheated because our GM's didn't value that as much as I did. spilt milk :oops:

obviously I'll be on board for the future with Jordan Love, hope he and the Packers reward us with exceptional play and success, where on to a new era now. :mrgreen:
I got zero complaints there.

We certainly tried to build a great defense, just didn't draft the right guys or get the right coaches. With how close we got a few years, it probably would have made the difference in a few more championships.

Interesting because that is what the Jets have, decent enough O and very good D. Seems like what we wanted to build. 4

Despite how bad you wanted to think the Packers surrounding offense was 19-21, it just wasn't. It is better than what the Jets have now. And as much as you want to just say 3 stooges, 2 of those 3 signed contracts for $77M combined. We certainly had some awful luck with injuries thrown in, but we had 3 HOF caliber players, Bak, Davante and Rodgers, and a few more all-pro/pro-bowl caliber with Jenkins and Jones and Linsley. So yes, at points, we had 6 pro-bowl - HOF caliber players on O.

As much conviction you have that we robbed Rodgers of Super Bowls (I wouldn't disagree), I have conviction that that was an extremely talented group, because it was, and that isn't a knock on Rodgers. We've seen Rodgers with good talent - 4 MVP's, we've seen Rodgers with bad talent, we miss the playoffs. And I back this talented O with examples, numbers, accolades, not just saying anecdotes because I want it to be true.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lmao 🤣

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto