Post-Game: 49ers 24 Packers 21

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Jan 2024 12:10
Ouch, my feelings

Spoiler tag for large image:
Spoiler
ouch

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-passi ... -round-240
If you had told me after the Week 7 loss to the Broncos that the Packers would lose in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, I would have called you a liar - to your face, in front of your children - but I also would have been thrilled.

It’s different in the moment, of course. We’re not pulling ourselves straight from Week 7 to the waning moments of the Divisional Round game and saying, “See?! Aren’t you happy to be here?!” Because, yes, it’s remarkable how far this young team has come this season. And we are certainly more encouraged about the future of this team now than we were in the midst of that 4 game losing streak. And yet, even with that long-term view solidly in tow, we still had to watch a playoff loss - a close playoff loss, at that - and those are never fun.

As this season gets a little further behind in the rearview, I think my lasting memory of this team will be the demolition of the Cowboys in the Wild Card round and what that felt like. The hope that the late-season run - punctuated by that game - could signal for this offense in the future. A poet once remarked that “every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end,” and that feels accurate right now.

But we’re not here to do a season review or a look ahead to the future. There will be plenty of time for that. No, for now, we’re looking at the Packers passing game in the Divisional Round game. To the chart!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:43
Now that the elation of 4 wins in a row plus the unexplainable 4th quarter breakdown / loss to the 49ers on Saturday ............. regardless of how great Jordan Love has looked since the Panthers game BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The harsh reality is LaCoach is still guilty of not properly grooming Jordan Love in advance of this past season. Plus ...... LaCoach's play calling in the heat of the moments against the 49ers (not just the last minute) continue to irk the irkable :argue: LaCoach is a clutch threat. Don't trust him to call the right plays in the heats of the moments in playoff games.

In summary.......there is still time to clean house. IT IS TIME !!! Fire the entire coaching staff including LaCoach .............. and start over with a clean slate. LaCoach is responsible for everything that happened starting with the first preseason game with Cincinnati on August 11th to the last playoff game with the 49ers on January 20th. LaCoach is also responsible for everything that happened when Aaron Rodgers was the Packers QB.
This wins my award for the most out of touch comment.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

JKB wrote:
26 Jan 2024 08:15
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:43
Now that the elation of 4 wins in a row plus the unexplainable 4th quarter breakdown / loss to the 49ers on Saturday ............. regardless of how great Jordan Love has looked since the Panthers game BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The harsh reality is LaCoach is still guilty of not properly grooming Jordan Love in advance of this past season. Plus ...... LaCoach's play calling in the heat of the moments against the 49ers (not just the last minute) continue to irk the irkable :argue: LaCoach is a clutch threat. Don't trust him to call the right plays in the heats of the moments in playoff games.

In summary.......there is still time to clean house. IT IS TIME !!! Fire the entire coaching staff including LaCoach .............. and start over with a clean slate. LaCoach is responsible for everything that happened starting with the first preseason game with Cincinnati on August 11th to the last playoff game with the 49ers on January 20th. LaCoach is also responsible for everything that happened when Aaron Rodgers was the Packers QB.
This wins my award for the most out of touch comment.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I rewatched this game. The L is pretty much entirely on Love. He became straight garbage in the 4th. My original reaction and recollection was that the defense let us down, or that Love didn't run enough, or that we had a couple key bounces and calls not go our way, and all of that has some degree of truth to it too, but give us average play at the QB position in the 4th quarter and we win that game. Love's play was what sticks out in a big way, specifically the inaccurate passes, and some of the decisions were poor too. Basically he reverted to weeks 1-8 Love. If he can clean up that part of his game, we can be unstoppable.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
13 Feb 2024 16:27
I rewatched this game. The L is pretty much entirely on Love. He became straight garbage in the 4th. My original reaction and recollection was that the defense let us down, or that Love didn't run enough, or that we had a couple key bounces and calls not go our way, and all of that has some degree of truth to it too, but give us average play at the QB position in the 4th quarter and we win that game. Love's play was what sticks out in a big way, specifically the inaccurate passes, and some of the decisions were poor too. Basically he reverted to weeks 1-8 Love. If he can clean up that part of his game, we can be unstoppable.
Nope. It was solely due to LaCoach's inability to properly prepare the offense for crunch time.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

texas wrote:
Definitely Love got tight and didn't play well. Learning experience.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

After reading some of these posts all one can do is quote Lombardi, "What the hell is going on out there?!" :nuts:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2024 15:14
https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-passi ... -round-240
If you had told me after the Week 7 loss to the Broncos that the Packers would lose in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, I would have called you a liar - to your face, in front of your children - but I also would have been thrilled.

It’s different in the moment, of course. We’re not pulling ourselves straight from Week 7 to the waning moments of the Divisional Round game and saying, “See?! Aren’t you happy to be here?!” Because, yes, it’s remarkable how far this young team has come this season. And we are certainly more encouraged about the future of this team now than we were in the midst of that 4 game losing streak. And yet, even with that long-term view solidly in tow, we still had to watch a playoff loss - a close playoff loss, at that - and those are never fun.

As this season gets a little further behind in the rearview, I think my lasting memory of this team will be the demolition of the Cowboys in the Wild Card round and what that felt like. The hope that the late-season run - punctuated by that game - could signal for this offense in the future. A poet once remarked that “every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end,” and that feels accurate right now.

But we’re not here to do a season review or a look ahead to the future. There will be plenty of time for that. No, for now, we’re looking at the Packers passing game in the Divisional Round game. To the chart!
I was at that Bronco game. After that was done, I was almost ready to throw in the towel. NOT tank, but just realize that our season was not going to be more than what I hoped for. But it turned out that it was MORE.

Proof again that a 17 game season is longer than what we think!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Feb 2024 16:44
texas wrote:
Agreed. My way of looking at it the other day was that the goal of the 2024 Packers for Love was to turn him from the guy that threw that INT into a guy who leads a game winning drive in a playoff game. Amazing how a guy can change within one game.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
13 Feb 2024 19:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
texas wrote:
Agreed. My way of looking at it the other day was that the goal of the 2024 Packers for Love was to turn him from the guy that threw that INT into a guy who leads a game winning drive in a playoff game. Amazing how a guy can change within one game.
My concern is that’s just who Love is. We saw it all throughout his college tape and pretty frequently through his pro career as well. He makes some plays where in his mind he’s being a hero and really it just is a dumb pass.

I’m hoping he comes out of that and you can definitely still win despite flaws like that but time is starting to go against him that this is just the type of player he is.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Feb 2024 23:56
Scott4Pack wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
My concern is that’s just who Love is. We saw it all throughout his college tape and pretty frequently through his pro career as well. He makes some plays where in his mind he’s being a hero and really it just is a dumb pass.

I’m hoping he comes out of that and you can definitely still win despite flaws like that but time is starting to go against him that this is just the type of player he is.
What was different in the 4th quarter? Answer: Tom was hurt and the human revolving door named Nijman was at RT. The Packers had a choice between dedicating a TE to helping Nijman or losing a half second of time on every pass attempt. Every QB in the league needs pass protection and a TE and Love no longer had both. Also that meant less run blocking for Jones. Well that is the penalty for not having a swing OT who is competent and that is not Love's fault.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2024 03:15
lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

What was different in the 4th quarter? Answer: Tom was hurt and the human revolving door named Nijman was at RT. The Packers had a choice between dedicating a TE to helping Nijman or losing a half second of time on every pass attempt. Every QB in the league needs pass protection and a TE and Love no longer had both. Also that meant less run blocking for Jones. Well that is the penalty for not having a swing OT who is competent and that is not Love's fault.
Yeah that’s just not a valid excuse to me. Tom being out shouldn’t affect Loves decision to roll out of the pocket and throw deep down the field across his body and 1st down. That’s a mental mistake and one we have seen throughout his collegiate career as well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Tom being out certainly had it's effect, but the decision to make that throw can't ever happen. Not having your best pass protector out there against a very formidable front 4 and attacking defense is going to leave it's mark, but you have to find ways to make plays. Not hope for miracles. that's time to be smarter, not careless.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I don't understand the incessant need to always defend a player, especially quarterback, at all cost.

It's okay to say Love underperformed in the 4th quarter because he did underperform in the 4th quarter.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't think Nijman was the reason. He has had Nijman in at T before and has been fine.

I think the pressure of the game started to get to him as the team fell apart and the 9ers came back. He could feel the L coming on, having been on three Packers teams that choked in this fashion, and was scrambling to stop it... leading to his Hero Ball throw that was picked and ended the game (to avoid being Rodgers, he became Favre... ironic).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I think both were reasons, and that's ok. Sometimes it's ok for there to be more than 1 root cause when it's a team sport.

There's a part of me that's ok with the result too. This is one area where Love can grow and learn from. Early in Rodger's career he had to grow from holding the ball too long and taking too many sacks. Favre, obviously the INT's and his best years was when he cut those INT's down. And the Packers have an obvious need at OL depth, proven by the results of the playoff game against SF.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Feb 2024 10:01
I think both were reasons, and that's ok. Sometimes it's ok for there to be more than 1 root cause when it's a team sport.

There's a part of me that's ok with the result too. This is one area where Love can grow and learn from. Early in Rodger's career he had to grow from holding the ball too long and taking too many sacks. Favre, obviously the INT's and his best years was when he cut those INT's down. And the Packers have an obvious need at OL depth, proven by the results of the playoff game against SF.
well said, it's everything combined, 1. biggest stage Love ever danced on, 2. a defense that seemed gassed and in prevent, which often doesn't prevent anything. 3. a oline thats had it's good and bad spots in games, it's not always pressure that cause poor decisions, it's the perception that there will be pressure, losing Toms can create that affect, which is very possibly the cause of that last ditch ill fated pass.

none of us expected to beat Dallas, that performance shows this team has what it takes, the loss against the NIners will be a great learning tool for the future, simply fixing this defense is a great start.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Um, that "pretty frequently" idea you want to pass along isn't going to hold water. Love has, what, an 18 game sample? And for the majority of those, he was very good. No, I mean VERY good.