Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I've slept on it, and I've come to the simple conclusion that 1. Rodgers is a savage, waiting to leak the dirty on draft day - this was purely calculated - and 2. he doesn't have a whole lot to be upset about, other than Jordan Love, there isn't enough to be the diva he's currently being. Team should be stacked after this draft, with returning most of our starters. If we finished 4-12 last year, and the O was in the dumps, I could maybe understand it... but what exactly is there to really complain about right now? Love was a year ago, get over it. Or don't, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:06
YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:02
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:59
call his bluff? make no mistake about this Rodgers holds all the cards, if he wants out he's gone, he wont be sitting out, he wont even show up, and we will be forced to trade him for whatever we can get.
There is no such thing as forcing a trade. He either shows up and plays or does not. The team decides if he gets traded. A trade is forced when a team decides they'd rather get something for a player not playing on their team than get nothing and have him not play for their team and be a distraction.

But make no mistake, the team is the one who decides if he's traded or not. Rodgers can sit, play, or retire. He has no mechanism to force a trade.
you know I meant that we ( the FO) would not want the distraction, and would rather receive some compensation versus he sits a year and we get nothing, so in essence he would be forcing us to trade him
We can trade him in spring 2022. There is no need for the Packers in making a rash and quick decision.

That is where Rodgers is seriously miscalculating this situation. We can wait a long, long time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
you know I meant that we ( the FO) would not want the distraction, and would rather receive some compensation versus he sits a year and we get nothing, so in essence he would be forcing us to trade him
Right, but for the team, which controls his rights for THREE more years, there's no reason to trade a guy away if you don't want to. The impact of Rodgers sitting is that we'd roll over his cap dollars and still have the rights to him the next year. If he stays away the whole season, the contract tolls.

To me, if the team keeps playing nice publicly, that puts Rodgers in a much more pressured environment than the team. The team can weather distractions. And Rodgers' trade value is no lower next year after a year off than it is this year.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:09
Yoop wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

There is no such thing as forcing a trade. He either shows up and plays or does not. The team decides if he gets traded. A trade is forced when a team decides they'd rather get something for a player not playing on their team than get nothing and have him not play for their team and be a distraction.

But make no mistake, the team is the one who decides if he's traded or not. Rodgers can sit, play, or retire. He has no mechanism to force a trade.
We can trade him in spring 2022. There is no need for the Packers in making a rash and quick decision.

That is where Rodgers is seriously miscalculating this situation. We can wait a long, long time.
The issue they're facing though is this is the time to trade him. Reigning MVP, stellar year. You'll get the kitchen sink right now.

You wait a year, or two, and that will change quickly.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:07
I've slept on it, and I've come to the simple conclusion that 1. Rodgers is a savage, waiting to leak the dirty on draft day - this was purely calculated - and 2. he doesn't have a whole lot to be upset about, other than Jordan Love, there isn't enough to be the diva he's currently being. Team should be stacked after this draft, with returning most of our starters. If we finished 4-12 last year, and the O was in the dumps, I could maybe understand it... but what exactly is there to really complain about right now? Love was a year ago, get over it. Or don't, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
This was the exact reaction of a panelist on the NFL Network when the story broke and it was so validating. David Carr said something similar though in a later segment had been convinced to be more deferential to QBs as part of the clique, I suppose. That was sort of weird. But yeah, there are people out there pointing out exactly how good Rodgers has it

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:17
The issue they're facing though is this is the time to trade him. Reigning MVP, stellar year. You'll get the kitchen sink right now.

That is absolutely not true. Rodgers will be worth 3 first round picks next year, too.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:18
TheGreenMan wrote:
This was the exact reaction of a panelist on the NFL Network when the story broke and it was so validating. David Carr said something similar though in a later segment had been convinced to be more deferential to QBs as part of the clique, I suppose. That was sort of weird. But yeah, there are people out there pointing out exactly how good Rodgers has it
Not a better position for a QB in the NFL right now. Maybe Kansas City's offense, but even that is debatable.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:19
TheGreenMan wrote:

That is absolutely not true. Rodgers will be worth 3 first round picks next year, too.
I guess it's feasible, but anything can happen next year. One thing that we do know though, is the haul can't get any higher than what his worth is right now.

Maybe if he did the unthinkable and won a super bowl next year here, yeah... but would he even want to leave if that happens?
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
30 Apr 2021 09:59
call his bluff? make no mistake about this Rodgers holds all the cards, if he wants out he's gone, he wont be sitting out, he wont even show up, and we will be forced to trade him for whatever we can get.

It's already a distraction. F that. I would rather watch him sit and rot if that's what he thinks he is going to do.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:25
Yoop wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

It's already a distraction. F that. I would rather watch him sit and rot if that's what he thinks he is going to do.
He ain't sittin'. I think he plays or he's gone.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yeah I don't really think so. You could argue a year of rest could also be good for Rodgers on his mind and body.

Because we went through the first round without a trade, I also now am of the belief that a 2021 trade won't happen because it doesn't make sense for the Packers.

We would demand significant compensation. I think we should get at least 2 1st round picks if not 3 1st round picks but we also want to ensure one of those picks is a premium 1st pick (top 10). If we trade Rodgers now, it will only be for future picks which likely means we are looking at pick 23 or later.

That is not good enough compensation. I think our best time to trade him now will in fact be spring of 2022.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:27
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Again. I think people are giving Rodgers too much credit in how much power he has here.

He doesn't have any. This isn't like the Favre situation where we already handed the keys to Rodgers and just wanted to move on. This is very different than that time.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
We would demand significant compensation. I think we should get at least 2 1st round picks if not 3 1st round picks but we also want to ensure one of those picks is a premium 1st pick (top 10). If we trade Rodgers now, it will only be for future picks which likely means we are looking at pick 23 or later.

That is not good enough compensation. I think our best time to trade him now will in fact be spring of 2022.
I mean, we could trade him for the player another team just took. Like if Denver gives us Surtain and Jerry Jeudy, plus next year's 1st and this year's 3rd.

But I still just don't think it's in the best interest of the Packers to move him this year. The distraction is preferable to giving away the 2021-2022 window that we have opened up rather effectively.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yeah I don't really think so. You could argue a year of rest could also be good for Rodgers on his mind and body.

Because we went through the first round without a trade, I also now am of the belief that a 2021 trade won't happen because it doesn't make sense for the Packers.

Anyone expecting this diva to match his performance from this year? What if he &%$@ the bed in 2021? 38 come next Spring. I'm obviously playing devil's advocate here, but he's currently on top of the world performance wise. The value is at the peak and it can only go down.

If you're talking in from a financial situation, yes, I think the best time would be to get rid of him would be at least next year. But, something tells me they're not going to wait that long.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:30
go pak go wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

Anyone expecting this diva to match his performance from this year? What if he &%$@ the bed in 2021? 38 come next Spring. I'm obviously playing devil's advocate here, but he's currently on top of the world performance wise. The value is at the peak and it can only go down.
But this would mean would be playing for the Packers and we get what we wanted to get which is having Aaron Rodgers suit up as a Packer for a shot at the Super Bowl.

I thought your argument was Rodgers would lose value if he didn't play.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
You'll get the kitchen sink right now.
With the desperation cologne bath on the Packers that is perceived by everyone? I think teams might be offering a literal kitchen sink.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:29
TheGreenMan wrote:
NCF wrote:

Again. I think people are giving Rodgers too much credit in how much power he has here.

He doesn't have any. This isn't like the Favre situation where we already handed the keys to Rodgers and just wanted to move on. This is very different than that time.
Hence why I think he's going to play. He's going to do what the front office currently expects of him coming this season, or he's outta here. The only thing he's able to do is pout, lose money, and sit on the bench... or just play. He's not going to force anyone's hand here, the team is virtually in place, and if it came to it nothing is stopping them playing Love.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2021 10:32
TheGreenMan wrote:
go pak go wrote:

But this would mean would be playing for the Packers and we get what we wanted to get which is having Aaron Rodgers suit up as a Packer for a shot at the Super Bowl.

I thought your argument was Rodgers would lose value if he didn't play.
No sir, I think he can only lose value by what may/may not come this season in terms of his performance. :aok:
Last edited by TheGreenMan on 30 Apr 2021 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
RIP JustJeff

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

TheGreenMan wrote:
He's butthurt that other QBs are making more than him. If he want's to suck his thumb and pout about that, let him.

I root for the Packers. If Love or any other QB is running to show next season, I'm still with them.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I mean, we could trade him for the player another team just took. Like if Denver gives us Surtain and Jerry Jeudy, plus next year's 1st and this year's 3rd.

But I still just don't think it's in the best interest of the Packers to move him this year. The distraction is preferable to giving away the 2021-2022 window that we have opened up rather effectively.
Yes we could. You are correct there if we value those players that another team took.
Yoop wrote: