Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wuss. Rub some dirt on it and play.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
28 Oct 2021 12:27
Not much left on that warrior body of his...and AZ is on the hook for a big cap number in 2022. ( $ 15M)
AZ is also pretty barren in cap space for finding a replacement, they are currently showing only $1.6M available so they'll have to move some money around.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/arizona-cardinals/
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
kid needs to watch a league of there own again, get some dirt in the skirt :lol:

glad we don't have to deal with JJ tonight, but easily one of my fav players over the years

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I wish this was not a short week and we could actually practice. I would LOVE to see the Packers come out in full wishbone with Dillon as the FB and Jones, Hill as the HBs. SO much awesome things we could do out of that. Split out Jones and run I, Split out Hill and Jones and run the spread. Straight run it with Dillon as a lead blocker. Run some counters. Without an actual practice that's just a pipe dream though. You don't just draw that type of thing up in the dirt and run it simply off of meetings, film study, and walk throughs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
28 Oct 2021 12:23
But as most of us have said, this game should be on the backs of Jones and Dillon. Rodgers and the rest need to be just efficient enough to make them pay when the opportunities come.
Absolutely, but their run D won't be inept if we can't throw and they can make us feel one dimensional. I would challenge their weakest cover player on a deep shot or two early in the game, whoever is on him. Make sure they know they still have to prepare for the MVP to be the MVP all game long.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:08
I wish this was not a short week and we could actually practice. I would LOVE to see the Packers come out in full wishbone with Dillon as the FB and Jones, Hill as the HBs. SO much awesome things we could do out of that. Split out Jones and run I, Split out Hill and Jones and run the spread. Straight run it with Dillon as a lead blocker. Run some counters. Without an actual practice that's just a pipe dream though. You don't just draw that type of thing up in the dirt and run it simply off of meetings, film study, and walk throughs.
Yeah, Hackett basically said as much; on a short week the key is not to do much that is new or different... that you mostly build the game plan as much as you can around things that have already been in the plan over the past week or two. It would be a fun "kitchen sink" game if we had time to practice. As it is, and as Paco said and I sorta disagreed in the previous comment but I mostly agree with overall--just have to be sound and efficient and trust the scheme to give guys opportunities and trust Rodgers to find the right opportunities.

He's got no favorites in this game besides Cobb. This will be pure scheme and efficiency.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly this Warrior Watt talk is all a little too much. He was playing well, but the 2-time DPOY was by no means playing anything near his best football recently. He's an old broken body who gets hurt more often than he doesn't, but still flashes when healthy.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

I expect the Packers to slow-play it in terms of milking the play clock and not snapping the ball until late. That's not new, they do it all the time
Conversely, I expect the Cards to go up tempo, challenging the interim DC to get the calls in fast and ILB Campbell to get everybody lined up quickly.
Definitely going to see some cat n mouse in terms of personnel and packages
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:16
I expect the Packers to slow-play it in terms of milking the play clock and not snapping the ball until late. That's not new, they do it all the time
Conversely, I expect the Cards to go up tempo, challenging the interim DC to get the calls in fast and ILB Campbell to get everybody lined up quickly.
Definitely going to see some cat n mouse in terms of personnel and packages
Like last week when WFT ran 70 plays to our 53... :messedup:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:13
He's got no favorites in this game besides Cobb. This will be pure scheme and efficiency.
:bigcry: :bigcry:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:13
Yeah, Hackett basically said as much; on a short week the key is not to do much that is new or different.
In the pressers, Hackett also said they took a large volume of plays into the WASH game that they practiced, but never got to .
So that was part of the pre-planning for this TNF tilt.
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
Watts PR team is hilarious.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 14:45
paco wrote:
Watts PR team is hilarious.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

In case you lost track:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Real glad to have Dafney back in the fold
IT. IS. TIME

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Here comes the 4-TE lineup!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
28 Oct 2021 15:27
Real glad to have Dafney back in the fold
Yeah, he returned to practice Oct 13, so he should be ready to go

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Not activated from IR/PUP: LT David Bakhtiari and WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So here is where we stand.

We have 5 All Pro's. 4 of them are out.
Top 3 WRs are out
1 OL is in arguably the originally started position
Top 2 preseason Edge Rushers may be out
Top 2 preseason CBs may be out.

Yikes.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

MVS isnt helping himself in his next contract negotiation missing multiple games with a hammy that the MRI didn’t show anything major. I remember in Lafleurs first presser after the injury he said the team would take the full week to see if MVS would be available to play the next week :rotf:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur