Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Nov 2021 11:10

"Maybe similar to year 3 Aaron, I mean it is year 3 now and we had a really really good team"
- - it is not year 3 for Jordan Love. It is Year Two. A lot-a-lot of people keep saying that, and I'm not sure why.
I wasn't implying it was year 3 for Jordan. Maybe I could have worded that different, but was just duly noting it was year 3 for Aaron. I aint no chump. :P

I am still not quite sure what we are arguing.

My only point it yes, the situations are very different. Add context and situation it makes a difference. What Aaron did before Dallas really did not matter.

One thing I think is similar based on expectations for the situation, Aaron in year 3 should be ready to play, off the bench or whatever, with a really good team around in a big game.

Jordan in year 2 with nearly a full week to prepare, should be ready to play, with a really good team around in a big game.

Not expecting any kind of magic from either in those situations. But probably the first games in either career where you should really start to put some stock into their performances. Some stock, not full evaluation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Nov 2021 11:12
come on Jarred Love, kick some KC ass Sunday, time for a new Packer QB
You know yoop is on board when he does his patented "wrong spelling and wrong name approval" :aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think one reason why Rodgers 2005 and 2006 are largely forgotten is because Favre was also terrible in those games. It's not like Rodgers came in and was a step down. Rodgers came in and did terrible like Favre did.

I also however think people will have unfair expectations of Love this weekend. A 225 yard performance and a TD or 2 will be a great game as long as it isn't filled with TO's for Love. It will be on pace for what Rodgers has done this year.

Yet I can see people view those stats and be like, "not enough"
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 11:19
I am still not quite sure what we are arguing.
I'm still not sure that we are arguing

I just want to provide full context; it seems like you think much of that context is fairly irrelevant, which is one of many common and valid reactions to full context. Others may find it relevant or valuable. Just seemed worth a reminder that the first few years of Rodgers were not all sunshine and rainbows and waiting to move on from Favre so our next HoFer could take over. There was a lot of doubt, there were many valid reasons for doubt, and the progression from draft night snub to hall of famer and MVP was not linear.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
05 Nov 2021 11:38
I think one reason why Rodgers 2005 and 2006 are largely forgotten is because Favre was also terrible in those games. It's not like Rodgers came in and was a step down. Rodgers came in and did terrible like Favre did.

I also however think people will have unfair expectations of Love this weekend. A 225 yard performance and a TD or 2 will be a great game as long as it isn't filled with TO's for Love. It will be on pace for what Rodgers has done this year.

Yet I can see people view those stats and be like, "not enough"
We should probably have some sort of expectations poll/thread to get people penciled in on that before gametime, now that I think about it

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm super curious to see how Love plays, but won't treat this as a "prove it all in one game, or else" -deal.

Love has had one mostly wasted off-season, and one off-season with more reps and coaching than he'd usually get as #2 QB. Kinda balances out.

I won't be surprised if he displays a strong arm, a quick release and solid footwork, not even if he shows the capability to go through his reads. I'll be watching for improvement on his college weaknesses: Reading zone coverage, especially lurking LBs, and inconsistent accuracy. I'm ready to get disappointed to a degree there. The first is hard to get right without playing in games, the latter without a ton of starter reps to get the timings juuust right with the receivers.

The most important thing I could get would be a feeling that Love is improving, but hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Dream would be the feeling he has IT, you know, an inkling that he could become a star one day, doesn't have to be this Sunday.

Of the QBs we've had to start in past years, DeShone Kizer had an undeniably strong and exciting arm, but never looked like he had it mentally to be a quality starter. Flynn looked like a starter at everything else than his arm. Hundley looked like a poor man's version of a talented mobile QB.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jordan is Love. Jordan is Life. :)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

[!] Rodgers is LIVE NOW on Pat McAfee [!]

—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

A few quick-hitters...

--> Rodgers has an allergy to one of the ingredients in the mRNA vaccines (Moderna & Pfizer), CDC says no need to take them if you are allergic to an ingredient.
--> Rodgers did not want to take the J&J vaccine due to the adverse effects some people were having.

*edit*

He's pretty pissed lmao...

*edit*

This is a REALLY interesting frickin conversation!
Last edited by Labrev on 05 Nov 2021 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

--> Rodgers consulted Joe Rogan for how to deal with the illness, is using monoclonal antibodies, Zinc, ivermectin, Vitamin C & D.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rodgers now does not need to test for 90 days because he is Covid positive.

He used to have to test daily. Interesting.
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

One Super Bowl since the 2005 draft tells me that he should get jettisoned back to the land of fruits and nuts, also known as the Left Coast.

I'm ready for the Gutey, LaCoach, Love era to start.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There is a lot of tangent talk from Rodgers.

The one thing I find interesting is Rodgers says we don't talk about actual health and what we should do to be overall healthy.

And my response is like, "really Aaron?" I feel like our country and Internet is OBSESSED with health and healthy lifestyle. It's just that we don't individually implement those for a variety of reasons.

I also get bummed when he talks about "do your research" because that term is not very valid. The vast majority of people don't know how to research or educated in the field enough to understand the research.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
05 Nov 2021 12:21

He's pretty pissed lmao...
He definitely has some points, but to be pissed because people found out is just stupid. As soon as he got infected people were going to find out since he was automatically ruled out for Sunday.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 05 Nov 2021 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

On a football note, Rodgers is feeling good. Rodgers is excited for Jordan Love (which is awesome for our team this year) and excited to watch the game.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

By and large I would say Rodgers has followed my rule of "don't be an a$$hole"

So personally I think I agree with him a lot. Think he made good points. Hopefully this does well for him and the Packers because it wasn't looking good from a PR standpoint for a bit there.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, I think it is all good. By and large I think the media wanted a larger story based off of the immunized comment, but it doesn't look like there is one. They will probably try to rake him for that, but whatever. Nothing to see here. A guy got COVID, said guy is out for this game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thats all Rodgers has ever done is defend is idiocy, did it last win ter prior to the draft, just as he's doing right now, tell the 750,000 dead people to take care of themselves better, not all of em where out of shape, thats just ignorant to say that, Doctors been telling people to take better care of themselves for 200 years, as usual Rodgers is scape goating and blaming others for the predicament he put himself in.

I really hope Love impresses, even if he doesn't I want to be rid of Rodgers, I can't believe I defended his sorry ass as much as I did

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

This latest version of Aaron makes me miss Danica. Hoping Love can prove me wrong.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Nov 2021 12:44
One Super Bowl since the 2005 draft tells me that he should get jettisoned back to the land of fruits and nuts, also known as the Left Coast.

I'm ready for the Gutey, LaCoach, Love era to start.

Meeeeeeeee toooooooo :aok: