Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:57

Heh
I was fairly sure they were going to overpay for Jimmy G. I overestimated their intelligence.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
09 Mar 2022 12:57

Heh
Back to the NFC East for Wentz. Wentz is sort of an enigma. I wish him well (again).
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 11 Mar 2022 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
10 Mar 2022 07:31
I think the Bills are going to be building something new within the next year or two.

Haven't really seen a 'less wealthy' smaller market team build anything in a while. I wonder where their price tag will be coming in.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So what options do the Colts have at QB?

They are still short on picks. Can't trade for a big name or trade up in the draft.

Not sure they have the ammo for Watson?

Honestly only name I could really come up with is Garappolo? Is SF even willing to trade him yet? Is he any better that Wentz?

Maybe Kirk Cousins? Vikings would moreorless just be in Indy's situation if they trade him.

Matt Ryan should be a possibility, but never heard any indication he wants out or Atlanta wants to trade him.

Maybe a Jameis Winston? Marcus Marriota? Trubisky? Bridgewater? Fitzpatrick? All of those options tell me you are willing to bascially punt on the 2022 season and revisit the QB situation again next year.

So I don't know, pony up for Watson somehow, that would be a crazy intradivision trade Houston may not do. Garapollo probably not better than Wentz, maybe not available. And then a bunch of guys, none of whom you'd want to be your QB in 2023.

Saw something interesting on Kirk, since he's already been tagged twice (doesn't matter by current team), he would be entitled to 144% of his last salary cap number. That would put his 2023 franchise tag number at like $64 million next year. :lol:

Has anyone had more bargaining leverage the past several years than Kirk Cousins? If you are willing to play out the franchise tag game, I think you are likely to come out way further ahead. Just don't get hurt those two years.

So that does bring me to possibility of Jordan Love. May not be the most far-fetched thing in the world.

Toss in a team like the Steelers who maybe just don't like some of the QB's who will be around pick 20 whatever and don't like this draft class in general to be giving future picks, with somewhat of a win now roster and coach. Also wouldn't shock me if the had interest.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
10 Mar 2022 12:35
So that does bring me to possibility of Jordan Love. May not be the most far-fetched thing in the world.
I don't doubt that there are a few teams in the shadows that may be sniffing around. I also believe Gutey when he says he doesn't foresee trading him. I'm sure there is a wide gap in what would be acceptable compensation for Gutey to pull the plug vs what teams are willing to give.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Several 2019 free agent favorites of ours being released. Trey Flowers and Landon Collins.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Alec Ingold not to be tendered by the Raiders.

I would sure love to bring him in, loved him in the draft, is a FB, but more of that move TE mold we seem to like. Core special teamer. Rich Bisaccia should be extremely familiar with him.

I am sure he would have the Packers really high up on his radar if offered a contract, Wisconsin Badger who went to Bay Port HS in Green Bay (The HS where the 49ers just practiced).

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
10 Mar 2022 13:57
Alec Ingold not to be tendered by the Raiders.

I would sure love to bring him in, loved him in the draft, is a FB, but more of that move TE mold we seem to like. Core special teamer. Rich Bisaccia should be extremely familiar with him.

I am sure he would have the Packers really high up on his radar if offered a contract, Wisconsin Badger who went to Bay Port HS in Green Bay (The HS where the 49ers just practiced).
Can't agree more. Seems too logical to not happen. Not sure what his price would be, it's not like he's a Juszczyk. So I don't think it should be too costly.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Not that he mattered for the team's success more broadly, but it'll be nice not to have to go up against him....

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Labrev wrote:
10 Mar 2022 15:56
Not that he mattered for the team's success more broadly, but it'll be nice not to have to go up against him....

Also love the fact they spent 2 first rounders on him in the trade, along with a ludicrous extension, while Gutey just signed the Smiths off the street for less guaranteed money, and will be able to keep one even when in dire cap straits.

The Mack trade set da Bears back a long way, guaranteeing they still suck. :aok:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:

Interesting.

Given the Chargers have a lot of cap space, not particularly impressive draft capital.

Then looking at the soon to be market containing guys like Von Miller, ZaDarius Smith and Trey Flowers.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Mar 2022 16:07
Labrev wrote:

Also love the fact they spent 2 first rounders on him in the trade, along with a ludicrous extension, while Gutey just signed the Smiths off the street for less guaranteed money, and will be able to keep one even when in dire cap straits.

The Mack trade set da Bears back a long way, guaranteeing they still suck. :aok:
Bears don't have their first this year, gave it up to get Fields. So this will maybe set them back to about a normal draft board I am guessing.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bears get a 2nd this year and 6th next. Not exactly a haul. But Chargers taking the full contract.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bares gonna bare
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

LOL!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Mar 2022 17:19

LOL!
At some point, one needs to give up on their dream job and find a real job.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Didn’t Kaep openly compare playing in the NFL to slavery? And yet he’s still posting these workout vids vying to get back into the league?

Somebody needs to have a talk with his social messaging coordinator…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
10 Mar 2022 16:12
salmar80 wrote:
10 Mar 2022 16:07
Labrev wrote:

Bears don't have their first this year, gave it up to get Fields. So this will maybe set them back to about a normal draft board I am guessing.
I know the Bears really really need to draft a QB. Really. :argue: