Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:47
NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:26
Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:15
The Falcons did sack Love once. A guy rushed untouched past Royce Newman in the first quarter.
Pretty sure the play you are referring to was Walker.
You are probably right, if the TE was on that side.
Analysis about that play below.

Looks like someone communicated or understood the protection wrong, because the RB and LT went to block the same edge rusher, leaving the blitzing LB all free. Usually the blitzer would be the RB's responsibility. But it seems like the play call asked the RB to chip the edge, and then release. :idn:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Spoiler
image.png
image.png (40.39 KiB) Viewed 3517 times

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Sep 2023 18:18
Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:47
NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2023 17:26

Pretty sure the play you are referring to was Walker.
You are probably right, if the TE was on that side.
Analysis about that play below.

Looks like someone communicated or understood the protection wrong, because the RB and LT went to block the same edge rusher, leaving the blitzing LB all free. Usually the blitzer would be the RB's responsibility. But it seems like the play call asked the RB to chip the edge, and then release. :idn:

Thanks. That's why I wondered if Love needed to do a check at the LOS to shift the blocking scheme in some way. Maybe the playcall left a vulnerable gap?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2023 11:40
I drove up to Green Bay today to get a helmet signed by Rison and Freeman. I met Lynn Dickey as well.

I saw the fences (there are 2 fences) being painted. Both have "love" themes.

Kroll's chili is as good as ever.

The Hall of Fame still has my donation on display.

Met 2 couples from Philly that were blown away at how friendly Packers fans are in Green Bay.

The Pro Shop continues to impress as well.

Heard some rumblings by some that are questioning if LaCoach and Barry have the right stuff (Packers fans aren't dumb)

GO PACK GO!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2023 20:11

More explanation needed.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2023 11:40
I drove up to Green Bay today to get a helmet signed by Rison and Freeman. I met Lynn Dickey as well.

I saw the fences (there are 2 fences) being painted. Both have "love" themes.

Kroll's chili is as good as ever.

Met 2 couples from Philly that were blown away at how friendly Packers fans are in Green Bay.

The Pro Shop continues to impress as well.

Heard some rumblings by some that are questioning if LaCoach and Barry have the right stuff (Packers fans aren't dumb)

GO PACK GO!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2023 20:30
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

More explanation needed.
I guess I never really explained this to the Forum. Here's the scoop:

On Jan 6, 1996 I got down on the field at 3COM Park after the Packers upset the heavily favored defending Super Bowl Champion 49ers. The Packers win was arguably the biggest win for the Packers since the Ice Bowl / Super Bowl 2. Fritz Shurmur did an amazing job preparing the Packers defense for that game. Before I left 3COM Park to catch my flight home that night from SFO I grabbed a large handful of red painted Niners endzone grass and shoved it in my jeans pocket. I kept the grass along with my ticket stub for about 20 years. Finally around 2016 or so (I can't remember the exact year) I called the Packers curator so see if the Packers were interested in having this peculiar memorabilia donated to the Packers. The answer was a resounding "YES". The grass and ticket stub have been on display in the Packers Hall of Fame (2nd floor) ever since. My name is cited as the donor. By the way I kept a few strands of the grass to keep at my home as well.
I wish the story was more exciting.....but it is what it is.

Oh by the way .......... on an unrelated note, you can buy Frozen Tundra turf on eBay.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2023 20:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2023 20:30
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

More explanation needed.
I guess I never really explained this to the Forum. Here's the scoop:

On Jan 6, 1996 I got down on the field at 3COM Park after the Packers upset the heavily favored defending Super Bowl Champion 49ers. The Packers win was arguably the biggest win for the Packers since the Ice Bowl / Super Bowl 2. Fritz Shurmur did an amazing job preparing the Packers defense for that game. Before I left 3COM Park to catch my flight home that night from SFO I grabbed a large handful of red painted Niners endzone grass and shoved it in my jeans pocket. I kept the grass along with my ticket stub for about 20 years. Finally around 2016 or so (I can't remember the exact year) I called the Packers curator so see if the Packers were interested in having this peculiar memorabilia donated to the Packers. The answer was a resounding "YES". The grass and ticket stub have been on display in the Packers Hall of Fame (2nd floor) ever since. My name is cited as the donor. By the way I kept a few strands of the grass to keep at my home as well.
I wish the story was more exciting.....but it is what it is.

Oh by the way .......... on an unrelated note, you can buy Frozen Tundra turf on eBay.

That was my 16th birthday party. My folks got a projector and I invited a dozen friends over and we watched it on the wall! Great game. Thank you for your service!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Great story, Ringo!

How’d you get down to the field? Did you somehow procure a sideline pass? Or just jump the barricade?

Nowadays you could just jump the wall without fear of prosecution…but that’s another topic entirely. ;)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Stupid stat, but also…

:shock:

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:28
Stupid stat, but also…

:shock:

AR rarely had the D stone the opponents in the second half.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Say we are heading into the bye week, either 3-2 of 4-1 (Lions and @ Raiders).

Anyone you would be calling about for a trade?

Trade deadline would come after week 7, we would also play Vikings and Rams both at home, so we'd have time after the bye week as well.

But what could we use? 2nd RB? OL depth/starter? A better inline TE blocker? Maybe a big run stuffer DT? Safety?

Anyone looking to be available at those spots?

Probably be looking at the Broncos, Colts, Raiders, Cardinals, Titans.

Maybe Bears, Vikings or Rams.

Scrolling through the rosters.

Zach Ertz could be nice, he'd cost like 5-6M this year and $10M next year. Maybe could rework that contract and bring that down a bit, he is 32, almost 33.TE's age well.

I was looking at Austin Hooper with the Raiders too, however you just signed this offseason for only like $2.5M. Guessing if we liked him, we would have already signed him if that was the cost.

Big swing, Budda Baker is currently on IR with a hamstring, lol. Cost about $10M this year and would be on the books for $14.6M next year. I expected us to be active in FA next offseason with a starting safety, this could possibly be an earlier swing to do something this year, at the expense of a draft pick.

Justin Simmons in Denver is similar to Baker, both 27, he'd cost about ~10-11M this year and $14.5M next year. Another huge swing.

Jeremy Chinn in Carolina is in the final year of his rookie contract, only cost us like $4M this year and he's and UFA next offseason. I would imagine Carolina wants to keep him, but who knows.

Another smaller type, but Deforest Buckner, hed cost $10M this year and just over $20M next year. Not sure I could get behind this one too much, although would make our front so scary on passing downs.

If not Buckner, Grover Stewart, he'd only cost $6-7M this year, he's more of the size I'd want, like 6'4" 320. Although I would imagine the Colts not selling, and just keeping the best team around Richardson that they can.

DJ Jones in Denver I could maybe see, ~7M this year and $10M next year, but he's only 6'0", not generally the type Gute wants.

Any else have any targets?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 08:40
Great story, Ringo!

How’d you get down to the field? Did you somehow procure a sideline pass? Or just jump the barricade?

Nowadays you could just jump the wall without fear of prosecution…but that’s another topic entirely. ;)
Honestly for as impossible a treasure that is ..I'm not one but surprised Ringo did all of this. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only trade I would do is for 2024 and beyond. So a guy a like Jeremy Chinn could make sense if we feel he could be a strong safety long term.

Otherwise to quote Brian Gutebumst, "let the young guys play."
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2023 08:42
Davante Adams.

Adams, Watson, Doubs, Reed, Musgrave, Jones.
RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

paco wrote:
25 Sep 2023 09:10
BF004 wrote:
Davante Adams.

Josh Jacobs, Saquon Barkley, DJ Moore, Mixon, Tee Higgins

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lake shark wrote:
25 Sep 2023 09:20
paco wrote:
25 Sep 2023 09:10
BF004 wrote:
Davante Adams.

Josh Jacobs, Saquon Barkley, DJ Moore, Mixon, Tee Higgins
I could do without all 3 of those RBs.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
I know we've struggled without Jones in the running game, but I don't think a RB is worth a trade unless it's like a 6th round pick.

Honestly, and I've been thinking about this a lot in terms of the future--was gonna post it in the 2024 draft thread--our big needs for this team are at Safety, RB depth/future, and interior OL--three very non-premium positions.

The more vital positions that could use immediate upgrades thus far are mostly due to injury right now.

I could imagine getting a veteran C/G in the fold if there's anyone out there that has scheme familiarity, but with OL play around the league, I can't imagine a good one being available unless a team is tanking, and the teams I thought were tanking (Cards, Rams) aren't losing enough.

At RB I would think it would be a street FA kind of thing if we find the need to address it.

An underrated concern might come at CB if the injuries don't subside. I have no expectations for Stokes, as I've said all offseason. He's a speed merchant that spent 4-6 weeks in a wheelchair. Yikes. Jaire's back is an unknown. Valentine's bicep is an unknown. Depth is not ideal.

At S Jeremy Chinn would be amazing if we could get him and think we could keep him, but I'd struggle to give him an extension before we figure out what we're doing with Gary's deal and a couple others. Not that he'd break the bank, but still.

Also, related to safety, can we just say that Savage has thus far--knock on wood--justified the 5th year option. He's being paid as a starting caliber non-star player and he's playing as a starting-caliber non-star player.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly the way this team responds to Love gives me chills.

I don't think it's Rodgers fault that at 39 he didn't connect with a young team the way Love can. I know he put in way more effort at it in NY than in his final years in GB and that rubs me the wrong way a bit, but even if he tried his best, I don't think he could generate this kind of community and response of a team coming up together.

I mean the response to Gary getting the call was enthusiastic enough. And then they say Love and for the second time in 3 weeks of watching these videos, the locker room just ERUPTS.