Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Jordan Love is tied with Jalen Hurts at #2 for most time before release or pressure at 2.5 seconds.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:55
Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 10:52
when you finally accept that the reason most you QB's fail is do to pass rush then get back to me.
This was never the debate in this thread... Classic yoop.
well just what the hell are we talking about? of course it's about the success of Jordan Love, and why we see such erratic play from him.

You want to direct blame at Lafleur, or any othe r complicated thing to take focus off what has been lousy OL play, lousy on stretch blocking and lousy most of the time at everything else to, even Aikman and Buck said it, just as have every announcer in almost every game

we've Blamed Dillon, while slow he still has to beat the first hit to even gain a yrd most of the time, where just lucky that Jones has the vision and burst or he'd have to beat more first hit defenders then he already does.

again Loves fails are direct results of his attention to pass rush, more so then poor play calls, poorly run routes, dropped passes, or any other thing you can dream up :thwap: get it fixed and everything Love does will improve, I'am totally convinced of that much, will Love ever be good to great? who knows, but we will never know till that blocking becomes more consistent.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... vanced.htm

Love's pressure percentage of 18.8% 13th best of 33 QBs.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:10

You want to direct blame at Lafleur, or any othe r complicated thing to take focus off what has been lousy OL play, lousy on stretch blocking and lousy most of the time at everything else to, even Aikman and Buck said it, just as have every announcer in almost every game
Yes, LaFleur does deserve blame as does Love, the receivers, the TEs, and yes over the last 2 games, the offensive line. Why are we now talking about run blocking? Stop throwing &%$@ at the wall and stay focused on the topic.
we've Blamed Dillon, while slow he still has to beat the first hit to even gain a yrd most of the time, where just lucky that Jones has the vision and burst or he'd have to beat more first hit defenders then he already does.
Again, why the $%@# are you bringing up running when up to this point the entire conversation was pass blocking... FOCUS! FOCUS!
again Loves fails are direct results of his attention to pass rush, more so then poor play calls, poorly run routes, dropped passes, or any other thing you can dream up :thwap: get it fixed and everything Love does will improve, I'am totally convinced of that much, will Love ever be good to great? who knows, but we will never know till that blocking becomes more consistent.
That is what you want it to be, but most that is not true. Love has had some accuracy issues. Love was making good decisions the first 3 games, but over the last 2, he has passed up open reads and made bad decisions. Love's failings this season are a direct result of many things: poor OL play the last 2 weeks(but not the 3 prior), poor play calls, poor receiver play, and Jordan Love himself.

When you are convinced, no amount of evidence will sway you, and that is ALWAYS a problem.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The way to yoop's heart is simply to be QB1 for the Packers.

QB1 can do no wrong. Everyone else does everything wrong if QB1 has a bad game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:12

17.6% of Love's passes are bad throws, 6th in the league. 2.5% of his throws are dropped, 7th best in the league. 7th worst in on target throws.

After looking decent the first 2 weeks and 2nd quarter of week 3, it has not been good the last 2 weeks at all.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

oh well, everything is fine then.

PFF: 20 plays with 4.0 to throw, 15 plays with 1.5 to throw = 2.5 average time to throw.

how do you not see a problem with that type of ranking?

Love has hurried his throws less, made better decisions when given time to make them, the problems arise when he's not.

I don't even know what your point is any more 23, are you saying just wait, this ol will improve, or that Love will be able to deal with a free rusher better, that Love will over come the odds where we see high % of young QB's fail?

most young QB's fail because they where not ready to deal with pass rush, we groom them so they will be more ready for the extremely better pass rush then most ever experienced prior, and to make more split second decisions then ever before, even then most fail.

I/we all had high hopes for Love, what we should have hoped for was better OL play then we've gotten the last 2 years.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:43

PFF: 20 plays with 4.0 to throw, 15 plays with 1.5 to throw = 2.5 average time to throw.

Love has hurried his throws less, made better decisions when given time to make them, the problems arise when he's not. You don't get to just make up numbers and then say that is how they are computing that time.

I don't even know what your point is any more 23, are you saying just wait, this ol will improve, or that Love will be able to deal with a free rusher better, that Love will over come the odds where we see high % of young QB's fail?

most young QB's fail because they where not ready to deal with pass rush, we groom them so they will be more ready for the extremely better pass rush then most ever experienced prior, and to make more split second decisions then ever before, even then most fail.

I/we all had high hopes for Love, what we should have hoped for was better OL play then we've gotten the last 2 years.
That wasn't from PFF and Jordan Love has 162 attempts, not 35. You complete misunderstand what is going on.

EVERY QB in the history of the NFL has hurried their throws less and made better decision when given time to make them. That Jordan Love does this as well is of no consequence.

My point is that for the entirety of this season thus far the offensive line CAN NOT and IS NOT the main driver of the poor play of Jordan Love.

Again in the first 3 games the pass blocking was adequate to very good. In the last 2 games it has not been good. Offensive line play does not explain some of the issues with Jordan Love.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Oct 2023 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:33
Pckfn23 wrote:

17.6% of Love's passes are bad throws, 6th in the league. 2.5% of his throws are dropped, 7th best in the league. 7th worst in on target throws.

After looking decent the first 2 weeks and 2nd quarter of week 3, it has not been good the last 2 weeks at all.
and you will blame that on everything except pass rush, again once in a QB's head it takes time before he has enough faith in it for it to go away.

you could stick just about any first year starting QB in and you would get just about the same results

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

and you will blame that on everything except pass rush, again once in a QB's head it takes time before he has enough faith in it for it to go away.

you could stick just about any first year starting QB in and you would get just about the same results
No, I have blamed the pass rush the last 2 weeks, but that does not absolve Jordan Love of the issues that are solely his own such as poor decisions, failure to throw to the open man, and accuracy. FOCUS! FOCUS!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:43

Love has hurried his throws less, made better decisions when given time to make them, the problems arise when he's not.

That wasn't from PFF and Jordan Love has 162 attempts, not 35. You complete misunderstand what is going on.

EVERY QB in the history of the NFL has hurried their throws less and made better decision when given time to make them. That Jordan Love does this as well is of no consequence.

My point is that for the entirety of this season thus far the offensive line CAN NOT and IS NOT the main driver of the poor play of Jordan Love.

Again in the first 3 games the pass blocking was adequate to very good. In the last 2 games it has not been good. Offensive line play does not explain some of the issues with Jordan Love.
you know 35 was just a example, :thwap: as to the rest I mostly continue to disagree, never said the line was either, simply that it leads to other issues such as poor decisions, off platform throws which often lead to inaccuracy

you wont to over look at so you can blame Lafleur, the receivers etc. fine have at it, I wont go along for that ride.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:54
you wont to over look at so you can blame Lafleur, the receivers etc. fine have at it, I wont go along for that ride.
I am blaming everyone, so there is no overlooking going on. FOCUS! FOCUS!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:50
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, I have blamed the pass rush the last 2 weeks, but that does not absolve Jordan Love of the issues that are solely his own such as poor decisions, failure to throw to the open man, and accuracy. FOCUS! FOCUS!
never said it did, obviously some of this is his fault, but if we get consistently better pass pro those issues will decline, for you or anyone else to say a QB has to be able to over come pass rush issues is to deny what you see from even the best of QB's as pass rush destroys them in a game every week, yes every Sunday some vet QB fails to beat pass rush, yet you expect Love to. this would be laughable accept it's happening to our QB this year and for half the season last year, and your answer then and now is that it's the QB.

and thats always been your answer, talk about me being the stubborn one.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:05
your answer then and now is that it's the QB.

and thats always been your answer, talk about me being the stubborn one.
NO! IT ISN'T! FOCUS! FOCUS! :bkw: :messedup:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 11:59
Yoop wrote:
no you FOCUS, your the guy throwing blame where ever it may stick, I'am the guy FOCUSING on wtf is actually wrong, better line play allows Lafleur more plays to use in his play book, better blocking affords more time for Love to settle in, read his progressions versus getting the ball out to his first read as has been the case in every game played this year minus possibly the Bares.

I was optimistic this year based on better blocking and health from Watson and Jones, and better defense, which is imho what Love needed to get us to double digit wins, those where realistic goals considering the talent on this team and soft schedule, since then Barry's defense continues to be terrible, soft cushion coverage and inconsistent run defense, and a OL that consistently allows free rushers, now I have my doubts on a 500 season, even possible that we pick top 7 or so.

Guty is a year late maybe two with fixing every position, OL will be no different.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:17
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
no you FOCUS, your the guy throwing blame where ever it may stick, I'am the guy FOCUSING on wtf is actually wrong, better line play allows Lafleur more plays to use in his play book, better blocking affords more time for Love to settle in, read his progressions versus getting the ball out to his first read as has been the case in every game played this year minus possibly the Bares.
No one has EVER disagreed with this, however there are more things wrong than just this. Love's inaccuracy and now decision making. LaFleur's play calling and preparedness. Receiver's route running. What you are doing is almost solely blaming the offensive line for our offensive problems, when in the first 3 games that was NOT the case. I am throwing blame wherever it is deserved not just finding 1 scapegoat.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:22
Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:17
Pckfn23 wrote:

No one has EVER disagreed with this, however there are more things wrong than just this. Love's inaccuracy and now decision making. LaFleur's play calling and preparedness. Receiver's route running. What you are doing is almost solely blaming the offensive line for our offensive problems, when in the first 3 games that was NOT the case. I am throwing blame wherever it is deserved not just finding 1 scapegoat.
your failure to connect those dots is beyond belief, seriously what exactly do you think cause a QB who has been pretty accurate most of the time, and was even said to have made great decisions prior, lose that in the next game or two, it has very little to do with called plays, receivers are running the same routes, same amount of drops, hell know you wont get me to believe that stuff, the lack of protection is the main culprit, just as it is for any QB, most specially youngsters like Love.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop in "Sky is Green" mode...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Oct 2023 12:51
Yoop in "Sky is Green" mode...
your refusal to accept common place answers is frustrating and I'am not the only person that has said that to you, just as with these Acme Packers and PFF guys you attempt to complicate everything, to me all you do is cloud up the real issues, me I keep it simple, if ya can't block for the QB, then the QB will struggle, if ya can't tackle teams will have success against you.