General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not sure where you got that 1,099 from, but so hard to not like that guy. What a damn find. Just to come in, can play every where, well, been durable, awesome, pro-bowl already. Just doesn't happen. And to get him for 4 years at that quality at his price.

Been waiting all week for someone to share some tweets with Elgton taking mulitple rib shots there on Donald. No way that was just a jerk reaction from Donald to draw that penatly, that had to be several plays building up where Elgton is just giving him body blows.

What a stud.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 15:36
Not sure where you got that 1,099 from, but so hard to not like that guy. What a damn find. Just to come in, can play every where, well, been durable, awesome, pro-bowl already. Just doesn't happen. And to get him for 4 years at that quality at his price.

Been waiting all week for someone to share some tweets with Elgton taking mulitple rib shots there on Donald. No way that was just a jerk reaction from Donald to draw that penatly, that had to be several plays building up where Elgton is just giving him body blows.

What a stud.
right, I forgot to add in 27 snaps at LT which then adds up to 1126, man that seems high to me.

I like Jenkins so much that I can't even remember the name of the one I liked more who went to Buffalo, I think he's there starting RT.

It's war in the trenches, and these two have battled before :lol: Jenkins, like Donald are brute strong, watching Jenkins from the rear he just anchors square and moves his feet so quick he rarely looses leverage, he's naturally gifted I think, but this OL coach has brought him up quickly, this line is really impressive.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2021 16:06
BF004 wrote:

What a stud.

I like Jenkins so much that I can't even remember the name of the one I liked more who went to Buffalo, I think he's there starting RT.
Oh my gawd. You loooooooved the dancing bear. :rotf: :rotf:

Cody Ford. And I believe he is out for the season.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Burgess off IR.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2021 13:37
wow, I new the line was good, I didn't know just how good though, this is very impressive when when ya consider all the musical chair stuff :aok:
I've been holding off my adoration of Billy Turner until hopefully after the Super Bowl.

But holy smokes has this guy been absolutely key for us this year. The signing of Rick Wagner and Billy Turner have been so good by Gute.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2021 18:49
Yoop wrote:
wow, I new the line was good, I didn't know just how good though, this is very impressive when when ya consider all the musical chair stuff :aok:
I've been holding off my adoration of Billy Turner until hopefully after the Super Bowl.

But holy smokes has this guy been absolutely key for us this year. The signing of Rick Wagner and Billy Turner have been so good by Gute.
Yeah, Turner been amazing. And switching out to a harder position this year, and just moving all around in general.

This whole combo of Gute, LaFleur, Hackett, Stenovich been amazing at finding the right fits.

And Gute really went after Turner, considered an overpay and went and got him.

Turning into a bargain at this point. Suck it [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] :P :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 19:40
go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2021 18:49
Yoop wrote:

Yeah, Turner been amazing. And switching out to a harder position this year, and just moving all around in general.

This whole combo of Gute, LaFleur, Hackett, Stenovich been amazing at finding the right fits.

And Gute really went after Turner, considered an overpay and went and got him.

Turning into a bargain at this point. Suck it @lupedafiasco :P :lol:
Lol hes still overpaid and is the worst lineman on the team. Hes been pretty good at LT shockingly the last few weeks. He got better at RG this season. He sucked at RT. Hes my biggest concern this weekend. Last time against the Bucs he got owned.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 18:33
Burgess off IR.
Burgess? Definitely don’t remember him.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rodgers called do-it-all offensive lineman Billy Turner one of the team’s “unsung heroes” of the 2020 season.

“He’s definitely one of the unsung heroes of the season, for so many reasons,” Rodgers said Wednesday.

Turner, who was the last of four major free agents signed by GM Brian Gutekunst in March of 2019, started all 18 games at right guard last season but has been used all over the offensive line in 2020, including at right tackle and left tackle.

According to Pro Football Focus, Turner has played 246 snaps at right guard, 427 snaps at right tackle and 221 snaps at left tackle, including back-to-back starts at left tackle after the Packers lost David Bakhtiari to a season-ending knee injury.

Rodgers thought Turner played “damn well” at right guard in 2019, but he’s been even more impressed with his ability to play both tackle spots this season. Battles against Chicago Bears edge rusher Khalil Mack specifically caught Rodgers’ eye.

“When we kicked him out to tackle, he’s had some incredible performances in my opinion. Going up against one of the best, if not the best, edge rusher in the game in Khalil a couple of times, and played him really, really well. Just watching those games back, just watching his hands, and varying his sets. Just training tape in mixing things up as a tackle. I thought it was just outstanding play.”

Turner didn’t give up a sack in either game against Mack and the Bears.

Per PFF, Turner has played 884 total snaps in 2020 but has allowed only two sacks and 25 total pressures while being flagged for just three penalties.

In ESPN’s pass-block win rate metric, Turner has the third-highest win rate among offensive tackles.

On Sunday, Turner will start at left tackle for the Packers as they battle the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. He’ll likely face Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul on most snaps.

Last week against the Los Angeles Rams, Turner allowed just one pressure and earned the top pass-blocking grade at PFF among Packers offensive linemen.

Rodgers called Turner a “mountain of a man” who shares the “great calmness” on the field with all the terrific offensive tackles in Green Bay over the years.

“He’s been such a solid, solid player,” Rodgers said. “I think his attitude and approach is very important to his success. He’s an extremely positive, thoughtful person, and also very, very sharp. All those things combine to allow him to have a calm peace of mind on the field.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-qb-aar ... 52550.html
Yep, worst lineman on the Packers. Sucks at RT. :rotf: :rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

What is Rodgers gonna say? He isnt going to trash his own guys when theyre so close to the SB. We will see what he does this Sunday. The worst game hes ever had was against the Bucs. If I'm remembering the right game I think it was 6 or 7 pressures he gave up depending where you look.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He had 4 pressures according to McGinn. Rodgers didn't just "not trash" him. He was very complimentary.
“When we kicked him out to tackle, he’s had some incredible performances in my opinion. Going up against one of the best, if not the best, edge rusher in the game in Khalil a couple of times, and played him really, really well. Just watching those games back, just watching his hands, and varying his sets. Just training tape in mixing things up as a tackle. I thought it was just outstanding play.”
Turner has been good this season. PERIOD. It's time to let that other poor opinion go.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 21:54
He had 4 pressures according to McGinn. Rodgers didn't just "not trash" him. He was very complimentary.
Turner has been good this season. PERIOD. It's time to let that other poor opinion go.
Rodgers was very complimentary of Kumerow and he sucked. Again Rodgers isnt going to trash his own guys.

The offensive line is at its best when Turner is at RG and hes the worst of the starting 5. No question about it. Hes been better than last year but it would be very hard to do worse. Last year he was terrible all around. This year hes creeped into average territory. Maybe slightly above that. The offense helps him a ton. Especially with the creator of all things running the offense.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jan 2021 21:48
What is Rodgers gonna say? He isnt going to trash his own guys when theyre so close to the SB. We will see what he does this Sunday. The worst game hes ever had was against the Bucs. If I'm remembering the right game I think it was 6 or 7 pressures he gave up depending where you look.
the weakest link on the best OL in the league, get real, Turner was a steal at twice the price.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jan 2021 22:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 21:54
Rodgers was very complimentary of Kumerow and he sucked. Again Rodgers isnt going to trash his own guys.

The offensive line is at its best when Turner is at RG and hes the worst of the starting 5. No question about it. Hes been better than last year but it would be very hard to do worse. Last year he was terrible all around. This year hes creeped into average territory. Maybe slightly above that. The offense helps him a ton. Especially with the creator of all things running the offense.
Really? Rodgers was very complimentary about actual game play from Kumerow? I mean, more than 1 or 2 plays? Cause, Rodgers just complimented Turners' entire season.

You are so stuck on your narrative you can't see the reality of the situation. 2020 Turner has been a good NFL starting lineman. We have some really good lineman to compare against, but that does not make Turner average at best.

Your narrative on Turner isn't aging well. In fact, it smells like booty butt checks or garbage juice.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2021 22:59
lupedafiasco wrote:
the weakest link on the best OL in the league, get real, Turner was a steal at twice the price.
Well thats the most absurd thing youve ever said.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jan 2021 23:45
Yoop wrote:
20 Jan 2021 22:59
lupedafiasco wrote:
Well thats the most absurd thing youve ever said.
haha, for some reason I thought he was getting 5 m. annual, grant ya 10 mi. would be outragious, now that I've found out he's getting 7 mil. well, he's been playing up to it, for all the bouncing around he's had to do a 69 grade isn't to shoddy.

Billy Turner has gone from being a potential cap casualty this offseason to putting together an impressive 2020 campaign. This year he has taken snaps at right tackle, right guard, and when Bakhtiari missed time earlier this season, left tackle as well. Turner has allowed just two sacks, 22 pressures, and he is the top-rated tackle by ESPN’s pass-block win rate metric.

Now, of course, Turner is no Bakhtiari, and there is no replacing him, but in a somewhat small sample size, Turner held up well in his place. From Weeks 7 through 9, Turner made three starts at left tackle and gave up one sack and four pressures over 120 pass-blocking snaps. As I said, not too bad.

according to this Turner will be a tough decision for Guty to make this off season, where we going to get a OL with his versatility for less then 7 mil.? whatever happened between 019 and this year has made a huge difference maker for Turner.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If both tackles play well to close the year, I don't see how we can let either Turner or Wagner go honestly.

Tackle may not end up being the "huge need" we thought it could be for this year's draft. Still probably good to nab one though in the 3rd to 5th round.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 23:28
Your narrative on Turner isn't aging well. In fact, it smells like booty butt checks or garbage juice.
:lol:

Well played...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:

What a stud.
Jenkins asked Donald if his momma knew he was playing with the big boys.