Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Nov 2022 15:39
packman114 wrote:
02 Nov 2022 15:23
I also can't believe our beat writers asked MLF what the players thought about not making a trade!! Just when you think journalists can't get any stupider they prove you wrong!
I am very proud of the beat writers this year. They’re finally doing what they need to for a team with no owner. No one holds anyone accountable on this team. It is up to the media and fans to put pressure on the organization and quite frankly it’s something they’ve both failed at over the past decade almost and especially during this Gutenbumst era.
Like one of many astute Packer fans told me recently: "They need to hear the boos". We booed hard at the Jets game.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Nov 2022 20:20
lupedafiasco wrote:
packman114 wrote:
I also can't believe our beat writers asked MLF what the players thought about not making a trade!! Just when you think journalists can't get any stupider they prove you wrong!
I am very proud of the beat writers this year. They’re finally doing what they need to for a team with no owner. No one holds anyone accountable on this team. It is up to the media and fans to put pressure on the organization and quite frankly it’s something they’ve both failed at over the past decade almost and especially during this Gutenbumst era.
Like one of many astute Packer fans told me recently: "They need to hear the boos". We booed hard at the Jets game.
And then what happened?

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
packman114 wrote:
So you want MLF in a team meeting to ask his players how they feel about no one getting traded? Were some of them supposed to jump up and say "the front office doesn't care about us, they should have brought in new players so guys in this room could pack their bags"? It's a stupid question and shows the ignorance of the beat writers. Aaron Rodgers gave the proper answer to the question he was asked 5 times yesterday..."we didn't subtract anybody either, so maybe that says something".

Rodgers also talked about playing to an elite level and raising the games of his teammates. He know he's not playing at the same level as the last 2 years. He also believes he is capable of playing that way with the guys in that locker room. That's good enough for me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
03 Nov 2022 10:33
lupedafiasco wrote:
packman114 wrote:
So you want MLF in a team meeting to ask his players how they feel about no one getting traded? Were some of them supposed to jump up and say "the front office doesn't care about us, they should have brought in new players so guys in this room could pack their bags"? It's a stupid question and shows the ignorance of the beat writers. Aaron Rodgers gave the proper answer to the question he was asked 5 times yesterday..."we didn't subtract anybody either, so maybe that says something".

Rodgers also talked about playing to an elite level and raising the games of his teammates. He know he's not playing at the same level as the last 2 years. He also believes he is capable of playing that way with the guys in that locker room. That's good enough for me.
I expect some of Rodgers answers where of the tongue in cheek nature, what good does it do for him to openly complain about the WR situation after the dead line has passed ? specially when so many seem convinced Rodgers is a worse problem, and that a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th was to much for Claypool or anyone else that may have been available, seems any WR of high rating in the draft or on the UFA market is to expensive for Guty.

and 7 years of not selecting one in rounds 1 and 2 attest to the neglect, now he uses both 2nd round picks on one more raw then 10 day old road kill, who seems fragile as glass, imo there is no defense for not getting better receivers over this 8 year span :thwap:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Congratulations to the new Packers Hall of Famers.

Joining Tauscher, Clifton, Driver, Jennings, Woodson and Collins from the SB45 team. I'd guess that Clay Matthews is next in line.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Realist wrote:
03 Nov 2022 09:00
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Nov 2022 20:20
lupedafiasco wrote:

And then what happened?
Nothing positive. But then again nothing positive was happening before the boos. It was an all around disgusting Packers game.
This has caused me to put the Rams game tickets up for sale.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

packman114 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
packman114 wrote:

All the players jumped up and down screaming "Yeah I still have a job!" :banana: :woohoo: :beer2: :worship: :dude: :cheer: :cigar:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

packman114 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
packman114 wrote:

I just mean in general the beat and other journalists are straight up calling out the team for things I’ve been saying for years. They even called out Savage for being such a poor tackler which I have said since year 2. He’s the worst tackler on the entire team including offense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

In every conversation, but always the bridesmaid.

Could have always, you know, used a 2019,2020 or 2021 pick on a WR for 2022 rather than a 2023 or 2024 pick.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Thought you guys might like this. Well, maybe not like, but, you know.............be interested in it.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2022 07:19

Could have always, you know, used a 2019,2020 or 2021 pick on a WR for 2022 rather than a 2023 or 2024 pick.
At least Gute was trying. Like I always say - it takes two GMs to tango. We can talk to everyone all day but if the other guy takes another deal what can you do?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
06 Nov 2022 07:33
Thought you guys might like this. Well, maybe not like, but, you know.............be interested in it.

You are preaching to the choir...

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 09:23
BF004 wrote:

At least Gute was trying. Like I always say - it takes two GMs to tango. We can talk to everyone all day but if the other guy takes another deal what can you do?
It is almost always more expensive to get established talent than to draft it. Gute chose a small school injury prone athlete (not football player) who can't catch, instead of two other good players available in R2. This doesn't even include he could have easily traded up in R1 to get a better talent than all 3 who were available R2. Then after failing in the draft (again), he doesn't make a good enough offer, out of several supposedly made, to get an established talent.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Nov 2022 09:43
Pugger wrote:
06 Nov 2022 09:23
BF004 wrote:

It is almost always more expensive to get established talent than to draft it. Gute chose a small school injury prone athlete (not football player) who can't catch, instead of two other good players available in R2. This doesn't even include he could have easily traded up in R1 to get a better talent than all 3 who were available R2. Then after failing in the draft (again), he doesn't make a good enough offer, out of several supposedly made, to get an established talent.
You won't get an argument from me about your post here.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I was probably thinking he’d be about a 1 and a 4 if we were to get him.

But he was one of the few guys available who could actually change the offense a notable level.

I really still think OBJ3 can too if he hasn’t lost a step yet. He is really fricking good.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Let's just hope they don't get a few surprise wins from here on out for "mindset going into the offseason" and it costs a top talent draft picks. Though Gute would screw it up anyway, so guess it doesn't matter.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff