Your Morning Coffee Rodgers Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

IMO, the smartest thing the Jets could do is to sign Kap and try him for a couple of games. Assuming he is in great shape, there is no other way to find out whether he can still play. He hasn't taken a beating for a long time, and that yearly cumulative beating is why most RB's are done at 30 and why most QB's are done at 35.

But if the Jets do sign him, I hope he fails and the Jets do too. There is a big difference between the 34th pick and the 50th or so.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Kaepernick went to the SB in year 3, which Fields is in now. After that Kaepernick's play declined as most run first QBs do and by the end, his play was the main reason he wasn't signed. Simple as that.

[mention]Yoop[/mention] what would you like to stake on Fields going to a SB?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

The fact he's not in a boot and is walking and throwing a ball on it is kind of nuts at this point. I might go start producing mating dolphin streams to play while doing rehab

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Now that the 1st round pick isn't an option, guess I just don't care that much pick 45-64.

If Aaron comes back and plays, I'm gunna be rooting for him and the Jets pretty good. Could be quite the amazing story.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

BF004 wrote:
16 Oct 2023 08:38

If Aaron comes back and plays, I'm gunna be rooting for him and the Jets pretty good. Could be quite the amazing story.
Will do the same as long as he continues to play (and not against us). After all he didn't dump us. Heck, those memories, those wins, those heartbreaks. He‘s one of us after all.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

They don’t call him Godgers for nothing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Oct 2023 21:10
Remember the time between SB XLV and the 2012 Playoffs? It was that time where it felt we could win back to back or threepeat. And Rodgers seemed on the road to become the undisputed GOAT, but as so often life turned out to be a b*tch. :|

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

German_Panzer wrote:
16 Oct 2023 21:37
lupedafiasco wrote:
Remember the time between SB XLV and the 2012 Playoffs? It was that time where it felt we could win back to back or threepeat. And Rodgers seemed on the road to become the undisputed GOAT, but as so often life turned out to be a b*tch. :|
Rodgers legacy when looked back on by fans, when they stop being fake, is a QB who was often royally screwed by bad defenses and STs and some down right terrible GM decisions.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 18:26
Kaepernick went to the SB in year 3, which Fields is in now. After that Kaepernick's play declined as most run first QBs do and by the end, his play was the main reason he wasn't signed. Simple as that.

@Yoop what would you like to stake on Fields going to a SB?
never said Fields is or will ever be as good as Kaepernik, or that the Bears will ever assemble a rosters as good as the niners

and there is absolutely nothing simple concerning what happened to Kaepernick, he was black balled after trump was able to turn most fans against him and the other players and even coaches who supported the cause Kaepernick knelt for, classic example of shouting down a worthy cause, and Kaepernick still had plenty of game left in him, the owners didn't want the distraction.

Keaperniks actions along with the other players and coaches forced investigations into corrupt and racist police departments, and sadly fans shouted it down, like him or not, Kaepernik forced police to deal with racial prejudice, whats sad is it took what he did to get those reforms started, I salute Kaepernik.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Oct 2023 21:51
German_Panzer wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Rodgers legacy when looked back on by fans, when they stop being fake, is a QB who was often royally screwed by bad defenses and STs and some down right terrible GM decisions.
everyone knows this, but most here wont admit it, seems people here think all ya need is average players to win it all, course most of the trash receivers that have cycled through here weren't even average, minus Rodgers the last decade and we'd be called the Green Bay Lions

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2023 06:19
lupedafiasco wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

everyone knows this, but most here wont admit it, seems people here think all ya need is average players to win it all, course most of the trash receivers that have cycled through here weren't even average, minus Rodgers the last decade and we'd be called the Green Bay Lions
i think most here understand you need good players to win a title. Many just vastly overrate any player in the Green and Gold jersey. For instance, we were told Tonyan was good and he cant even get on the field in awful chicago, we were told MVS was a WR2, the list goes on and on of bonafide scrubs that were just not good enough.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Oct 2023 08:29
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

i think most here understand you need good players to win a title. Many just vastly overrate any player in the Green and Gold jersey. For instance, we were told Tonyan was good and he cant even get on the field in awful chicago, we were told MVS was a WR2, the list goes on and on of bonafide scrubs that were just not good enough.
I think thats true of every fan base, but I think the people here are smarter then you give them credit for, down deep they know Rodgers made every receiver thats ever been here better, even Adams, and vice versa, receivers like Adams, Jordy, Jennings, Cobb, Double D, Jones and a few others help Rodgers be better, good to great players help each other, below average cause decline.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2023 09:28
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I think thats true of every fan base, but I think the people here are smarter then you give them credit for, down deep they know Rodgers made every receiver thats ever been here better, even Adams, and vice versa, receivers like Adams, Jordy, Jennings, Cobb, Double D, Jones and a few others help Rodgers be better, good to great players help each other, below average cause decline.
Many are smart. Maybe some just have a tough time admitting that guys like Malik Taylor should not be in the pro bowl

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Oct 2023 10:04
Many are smart. Maybe some just have a tough time admitting that guys like Malik Taylor should not be in the pro bowl
Rodgers was the one pounding the table for scrubs like Malik Taylor to make the roster, part of his falling out with GB was due to us cutting scrubs like Kumerow (he confirmed that himself). Just last year he was saying he was confident in our WR corps. despite losing Adams because of... Juwann Winfree's pre-season play. :|

Even now, Jets have to waste a roster spot on Cobb, who only is healthy and effective for like four games a season (or not even that, so far he has been good for 3 catches on 12 targets, 20 yards). Rodgers does not even throw to him when they are on the field together, Cobb is just around for the two of them to pal it up.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

See I just don't get these arguments. I feel like you both just see what you want to see.

Labrev, Skeptic and German_Panzer do not constitute 'most here'.

Again, who was raving up Tonyan? (Maybe skeptic again, lol). I think many argued he got snubbed from the Pro-Bowl, rightfully so, in '20.

And yeah, MVS is a #2 WR, he is paid like one, his impact on the game is evident, his EPA/play while on and off the field is always significant, $30 million dollars don't lie. I think others live in a fantasy land where WR1 gets 1400 yards and WR2 gets 900 yards, but that isn't reality across the league.

These are your top WR2's in the league last year, inclusive of TE's for Kelce. Although MVS is technically WR3, behind Schuster, he is still statistically the 18th best 2nd+ option in the league. I really don't even get the argument against it anymore. I think it just makes people feel better to say it. But that is what a #2 WR in this league does and he is paid accordingly and he is justifying his pay. That is what $10M gets you today on the open market.
'
image.png
image.png (136.67 KiB) Viewed 6441 times

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
17 Oct 2023 10:22
Drj820 wrote:
17 Oct 2023 10:04
Rodgers was the one pounding the table for scrubs like Malik Taylor to make the roster, part of his falling out with GB was due to us cutting scrubs like Kumerow (he confirmed that himself). Just last year he was saying he was confident in our WR corps. despite losing Adams because of... Juwann Winfree's pre-season play. :|

Even now, Jets have to waste a roster spot on Cobb, who only is healthy and effective for like four games a season (or not even that, so far he has been good for 3 catches on 12 targets, 20 yards). Rodgers does not even throw to him when they are on the field together, Cobb is just around for the two of them to pal it up.
Labrev I go out of my way to compliment, and then you make comments like these :thwap: to think Rodgers wanted any of these declining players for any other reason then personal chemistry is like throwing a blanket over common sense, offer Rodgers someone better then the Kumerow's, the Allisons, the declining Cobb or Tonyan and Rodgers would gladly fore go the chemistry.

I bet a 12 year old could figure that out :thwap:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2023 11:00
offer Rodgers someone better then the Kumerow's, the Allisons, the declining Cobb or Tonyan and Rodgers would gladly fore go the chemistry.
WRONG

(1) In his tell-all rant against the FO, he said cutting Kumerow angered him. He was not holding back anything in that speech. If there was ever a time for him to tell the FO that they need to get him better WRs, that was the time. He said no such thing.

You keep pretending like Rodgers somehow was shy about asking for WR help and did not want to rock the boat, which goes completely against everything we know to be true about him.

(2) When we did most recently get him, he had Doubs and Watson last year, but still preferred throwing to Lazard, Cobb, and even Watkins(!) more.... until Watson broke out, in a game in which Rodgers had no one else left to throw to. And when that happened, I complained about him not throwing to the better talent, and *you* defended him throwing to the scrubs he trusts.

(3) We did not make a move at the trade deadline for WR help, except for reportedly being in on Chase Claypool. Rodgers very calmly confirmed that he was in talks with the FO on this and was fine with how we went about it.

(4) He went to the Jets. And how have the Jets elected to accommodate their franchise savior? Not by signing big-name WRs or drafting a WR high. No, they brought in Lazard, Cobb, and Malik Taylor. His WR group in NYJ is basically what he had in 2021, Garrett Wilson being the Davante Adams equivalent, but no vertical threat like MVS.

And how has Rodgers responded? He has not expressed anger. He has said he is having the best time of his life. He has said stuff about the OL not being up to snuff, but has not said anything like that about the WRs.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I agree with you lebrev would stump for his pals. But then many would say “well if rodgers says they are good, they must be good”. Myself, I recognize rodgers is terrible at personelle and make my own judgements on players. Malik Taylor was never an NFL caliber player.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Labrev wrote:
17 Oct 2023 11:26
Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2023 11:00
offer Rodgers someone better then the Kumerow's, the Allisons, the declining Cobb or Tonyan and Rodgers would gladly fore go the chemistry.
WRONG

(1) In his tell-all rant against the FO, he said cutting Kumerow angered him. He was not holding back anything in that speech. If there was ever a time for him to tell the FO that they need to get him better WRs, that was the time. He said no such thing.

You keep pretending like Rodgers somehow was shy about asking for WR help and did not want to rock the boat, which goes completely against everything we know to be true about him.

(2) When we did most recently get him, he had Doubs and Watson last year, but still preferred throwing to Lazard, Cobb, and even Watkins(!) more.... until Watson broke out, in a game in which Rodgers had no one else left to throw to. And when that happened, I complained about him not throwing to the better talent, and *you* defended him throwing to the scrubs he trusts.

(3) We did not make a move at the trade deadline for WR help, except for reportedly being in on Chase Claypool. Rodgers very calmly confirmed that he was in talks with the FO on this and was fine with how we went about it.

(4) He went to the Jets. And how have the Jets elected to accommodate their franchise savior? Not by signing big-name WRs or drafting a WR high. No, they brought in Lazard, Cobb, and Malik Taylor. His WR group in NYJ is basically what he had in 2021, Garrett Wilson being the Davante Adams equivalent, but no vertical threat like MVS.

And how has Rodgers responded? He has not expressed anger. He has said he is having the best time of his life. He has said stuff about the OL not being up to snuff, but has not said anything like that about the WRs.
He threw to Dobbs a lot in Watson wasn’t available for half a year and so far this year. It’s been more the same from him. The problem wasn’t Rodgers.