Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 16:15
So here is where we stand.

We have 5 All Pro's. 4 of them are out.
Top 3 WRs are out
1 OL is in arguably the originally started position
Top 2 preseason Edge Rushers may be out
Top 2 preseason CBs may be out.

Yikes.
Good thing the cardinals are overrated
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 14:45
paco wrote:
28 Oct 2021 12:27
Wuss. Rub some dirt on it and play.
Watts PR team is hilarious.
I had this injury without the labrum tear. Even after surgery my shoulder has been basically worthless. Haven't been able to throw a ball using my right arm (luckily I can throw some with my left arm) and it doesn't get above my head very well. They never reattached the bicep tendon. Now, arthritis pain is getting worse. Watt is in for a lot of pain in the future.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So King is injured and Smith sucks. Though they coould list King as a healthy scratch, too, because he also sucks.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Time for a big game Kenny!
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m interested to see if we even notice Barry isn’t on the sidelines

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Oof. Jaylon Smith. If you can’t crack the 53 this week… then what are we doing here?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 16:21
go pak go wrote:

Top 3 WRs are out

Yikes.
This saying has always been weird to me but is especially weird here.

I don't think anyone is overrating the Cardinals. They are basically viewed with the top group of the NFC.

So who is better? TB? DAL? GB?

We already know they beat LAR so it can't beat them.

I don't think AZ is overrated. They are what they are which is a top team in the conference. Tonight that tier will simply get smaller is all.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote: I don't think AZ is overrated. They are what they are which is a top team in the conference. Tonight that tier will simply get smaller is all.
How will it get smaller?

Are you saying the Packers will fall from the top tier of conference teams should they lose? A temporarily injured/Covid depleted Packers team?

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

This feels like half of a playoff game already. Anticipation is such a great thing. And thx for the www because else we in Europe would still live in a dark age (football-wise). Go Pack Go!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Next man up, play within the scheme, play fast, play hard, punch the in the mouth, and on D, rally to the ball.

We got this.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

You know what would be interesting? If Jonás basically played WR all night and Dillon and hill were the RBs.

In this scenario Jones wouldn’t even be lining up in the back field much

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
28 Oct 2021 18:18
go pak go wrote: I don't think AZ is overrated. They are what they are which is a top team in the conference. Tonight that tier will simply get smaller is all.
How will it get smaller?

Are you saying the Packers will fall from the top tier of conference teams should they lose? A temporarily injured/Covid depleted Packers team?
I think it would have to.

If the Packers win I think they are put as the top team.

If the Cards win, that regardless puts GB at 2 losses. So then you have 6 teams with 2 losses or better. So do you then put the top tier with 6 teams? That's a lot of teams for a top tier. And yet you can't really justify leaving anyone out if you want to keep GB in there.

I have no problem knocking GB down if they lose until they prove they deserve to be back up top again.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 18:08
Drj820 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 16:21
go pak go wrote:

Top 3 WRs are out

Yikes.
This saying has always been weird to me but is especially weird here.

I don't think anyone is overrating the Cardinals. They are basically viewed with the top group of the NFC.

So who is better? TB? DAL? GB?

We already know they beat LAR so it can't beat them.

I don't think AZ is overrated. They are what they are which is a top team in the conference. Tonight that tier will simply get smaller is all.
You don’t put the Rams in the top group because they lost to the cards after a big win against the bucs a month into the season? I do not read so much into that game and I think the Rams can still be better come January and in terms of winning the division.

For instance the bears beat the bucs last year, I in no way think they were better than the bucs last year

If we were to lose, cards will be in the conference standings and you would have to put them ahead in a week to week power ranking, but my point is that when we play them in January I will not feel Unconfident because we lost on a Thursday night without our top 2 corners and top 3 WRs. I will feel very confident then irregardless of what happens tonight
Last edited by Drj820 on 28 Oct 2021 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 18:35
APB wrote:
How will it get smaller?

If the Cards win, that regardless puts GB at 2 losses. So then you have 6 teams with 2 losses or better. So do you then put the top tier with 6 teams? That's a lot of teams for a top tier. And yet you can't really justify leaving anyone out if you want to keep GB in there.

I have no problem knocking GB down if they lose until they prove they deserve to be back up top again.
From a record standpoint, sure. I see that.

But from a quality of team standpoint, I keep the Packers in that top tier even if they lose. A loss tonight with that depleted roster is to be expected. I’m not passing judgment on them simply because they were a victim of poor injury/Covid timing.

Additionally, I also don’t remove the Rams as a top NFC contender simply because they had one loss to another conference power. One game doesn’t do it for me. You didn’t apply the same rule to TB I noticed.

You’re obviously a lot harsher in your evaluations. And inconsistent.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I still think holding that electric Cardinals offense to 20 points after 4 quarters was the really impressive thing that night.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
28 Oct 2021 18:50
go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 18:35
APB wrote:

How will it get smaller?

From a record standpoint, sure. I see that.

But from a quality of team standpoint, I keep the Packers in that top tier even if they lose. A loss tonight with that depleted roster is to be expected. I’m not passing judgment on them simply because they were a victim of poor injury/Covid timing.

Additionally, I also don’t remove the Rams as a top NFC contender simply because they had one loss to another conference power. One game doesn’t do it for me. You’re obviously a lot harsher in your evaluations.
Okay. 6 teams then top tier if the Packers lose.

I wouldn't say I'm harsh. I am just fine not calling us the best until we prove it. Rankings this time of year is meaningless anyways.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So Cobb, Winfree, Eq, Taylor and Rodgers today….