General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
16 Dec 2021 12:18
Kenny Clark to the covid list
:censored:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You guys remember that time we signed Rasul Douglas instead of trading for Stephon Gilmore??

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Clark positive test or contact?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Dec 2021 21:33
Unknown at this point. MLF simply said he was placed on Covid reserve list.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
16 Dec 2021 23:05
wallyuwl wrote:
16 Dec 2021 21:33
Unknown at this point. MLF simply said he was placed on Covid reserve list.
I saw it on the ticker at the bottom of the screen while watching the Badgers volleyball national semifinal game last night against #1 seed Louisville. BTW: they won (it was one of the best matches I've ever seen), and are playing Nebraska in the championship tomorrow night.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Browns/Raiders moved to Monday. Means Browns going to be on a very short week against us.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like we might get bumped from Christmas Day to help out the Browns. :evil:
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
17 Dec 2021 13:37
Sounds like we might get bumped from Christmas Day to help out the Browns. :evil:
They would have less tie to prepare on a normal Sunday to Thursday game. I want Packers Christmas!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

image.png
image.png (88.54 KiB) Viewed 326 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 13:47
paco wrote:
They would have less tie to prepare on a normal Sunday to Thursday game. I want Packers Christmas!
Unfortunately, Packers playing on Christmas means that I will probably miss most of the game. Christmas is family time for me. When you get older, you tend to appreciate time with your family more than even Packer football.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

williewasgreat wrote:
20 Dec 2021 05:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
paco wrote:
Unfortunately, Packers playing on Christmas means that I will probably miss most of the game. Christmas is family time for me. When you get older, you tend to appreciate time with your family more than even Packer football.
That's why you need to train the family to want to watch the game! I'm driving up to my parents' house that day. I told them you better have the game on! I know my in-laws will have the game on at their house too!
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

So many observations. So many superlatives ..... he"s a hammer, a bammer, a bumbler, a barreler, a boomer, a pounder, a dozer. He catches passes. He's basically a modern day Jimmy Taylor. Lets hope AJ Dillon has a long Packers career.....doesn't burn out or lose his passion.

Mod edit: [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention], your enthusiasm is appreciated but there really isn’t a need to start a new thread to say this. Moved to General Packers thread. There is also this thread you can add to.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
20 Dec 2021 06:19
williewasgreat wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

That's why you need to train the family to want to watch the game! I'm driving up to my parents' house that day. I told them you better have the game on! I know my in-laws will have the game on at their house too!
I agree with Willie. Besides, watching a game is a lot more fun when you already know that the Packers won. 8-)

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

People watch football differently.

Some can watch it as a social event. Tell stories during the game, even during plays. Go fill up the drinks while live action is going on. Even help cook or do chores while the game is on in the background. For those, you could say that watching football is a family event.

For the rest of us, the focus is all on the screen, anticipating the next play, watching the LOS details, the handoffs and passes, maybe even taking in the commentary on the tv. But the only interaction with family and friends is the high fives for touchdowns and big plays. There's real football to be totally absorbed in. This isn't family time.

I am of the latter sort. I'm willing to flex the time that I watch the game to maximize my time with family. Otherwise, NOTHING will interfere with watching Packer football. Not a thing!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
20 Dec 2021 20:12
So many observations. So many superlatives ..... he"s a hammer, a bammer, a bumbler, a barreler, a boomer, a pounder, a dozer. He catches passes. He's basically a modern day Jimmy Taylor. Lets hope AJ Dillon has a long Packers career.....doesn't burn out or lose his passion.

Mod edit: @RingoCStarrQB, your enthusiasm is appreciated but there really isn’t a need to start a new thread to say this. Moved to General Packers thread. There is also this thread you can add to.
Yup. Hoping we don't Earl Campbell him and shorten his lifespan.

I'd really love to see some more screen passes to him too. Imagine him with a couple of blockers in front of him in open space...
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Dec 2021 03:26
paco wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

I agree with Willie. Besides, watching a game is a lot more fun when you already know that the Packers won. 8-)
Funny, I hate watching games when I know the outcome (whatever it may be). Maybe I haven't gotten old enough yet. Once again dreading family time this Christmas. Doesn't help I've been tossed in the middle (again) of trying to get 2 feuding sides to talk again.

But enough about that, back on topic. The Packers are awesome and the best Christmas present I could get is a win against the Browns! Hopefully Garrett is gimping with that groin.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Dec 2021 07:31
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
20 Dec 2021 20:12

Mod edit: @RingoCStarrQB, your enthusiasm is appreciated but there really isn’t a need to start a new thread to say this. Moved to General Packers thread. There is also this thread you can add to.
Yup. Hoping we don't Earl Campbell him and shorten his lifespan.

I'd really love to see some more screen passes to him too. Imagine him with a couple of blockers in front of him in open space...
Perhaps by alternating series with Jones we won't run Dillon into the ground.