Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Any cap differences if Aaron does retire?

Does he owe any of that money back or anything?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:15

Retirement results in relief of Base Salary and Roster Bonus for the upcoming season. Any cap from prior deferral is still on us. There is no difference from a cap standpoint if a player is released or retired. They are the same.

So I believe there would be no difference for us.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:17
BF004 wrote:

Retirement results in relief of Base Salary and Roster Bonus for the upcoming season. Any cap from prior deferral is still on us. There is no difference from a cap standpoint if a player is released or retired. They are the same.

Just me chiming in to confirm. I think any of his roster bonuses were converted to signing bonuses last year. So no extra relief for retiring. The question is, the timing. Perhaps if he retires and the paperwork goes through quickly, we get the cap relief earlier. Not sure how that works.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:26
go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 09:17
BF004 wrote:

Just me chiming in to confirm. I think any of his roster bonuses were converted to signing bonuses last year. So no extra relief for retiring. The question is, the timing. Perhaps if he retires and the paperwork goes through quickly, we get the cap relief earlier. Not sure how that works.
You would be right. But I believe we can trade Rodgers prior to the 2022 league year so it would be the same as trading him before the league year.

From a timing stand point.

My guess is a decision of trade retirement, or extension will happen by early March regardless. Everyone needs to know and it makes the most sense for business planning on everyone's part.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Whoa!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We care about injuries, Let’s limit kickoff plays by first changing kickoff line. When that had the opposite effect, let’s increase the touchback line too.

We don’t want to use college’s superior overtime because we think special teams plays are too important.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 12:04

Whoa!
I think this shows a different mindset of a coach during the season and one during the playoffs. Lose in the playoffs and you go home. In the regular season, a tie can hurt you but it won't kill you. There are no ties in the playoffs, so the coaches are more likely, in my mind, to go for the TD and not the FG. And they know a TD wins it.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Sean Peyton leaving the Saints. Probably goin in the booth for a year before returning to coach the Cowboys. :munch:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
25 Jan 2022 14:23
Sean Peyton leaving the Saints. Probably goin in the booth for a year before returning to coach the Cowboys. :munch:
He's sees the ship taking on water and is jumping off before it all sinks. #protectthelegacy

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Super Bowl winning Packer. Made a nice career for himself after 2 years with us. Swore he saw the field on the Packers, but was PS only.
RIP JustJeff

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
25 Jan 2022 14:32
wallyuwl wrote:
He's sees the ship taking on water and is jumping off before it all sinks. #protectthelegacy
I see Rodgers jumping ship as well. With cap hell neither team has a chance to contend going forward. Peyton found out what MLF will realize next year that without a QB all of a sudden they are not that great of a coach. Poor Gute and Murph are bumming too. They are set for life financially though so I dont feel sorry for them. They have a waiting list for season tickets and soaked the fans in the stock scam in the nick of time. I actually am looking forward to the next chapter in my team's on going greatness. Going to be a bit though. Please dont resign Amos and let the Smiths go.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Someone made up a "best" play of our special teams. It was a half hour long. *sigh*

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ben makes it official.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

APB wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Truth
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TJ Lang still one of my favorites...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I dont see Sean Payton as this god mode coach that others do. He had an elite QB throughout his career, and went to and won one ring.
Just like McCarthy

He outcoached himself and overthought stuff in the playoffs, and often came up short

He had a good defense the last few years of Brees career and came up short.

If hes a HOFer, so is McCarthy.

At this point, I would say they BOTH are not.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:51
TJ Lang still one of my favorites...

that is so funny, I rewatched a doz times, Big Ben was never considered agile, but he's never looked this unagile, face planted himself with no pressure within miles :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:55
I dont see Sean Payton as this god mode coach that others do. He had an elite QB throughout his career, and went to and won one ring.
Just like McCarthy

He outcoached himself and overthought stuff in the playoffs, and often came up short

He had a good defense the last few years of Brees career and came up short.

If hes a HOFer, so is McCarthy.

At this point, I would say they BOTH are not.
the Saints always seemed to have a decent RB to compliment Bree's, and quality defenses, one ( McCarthy) is the 2nd winningest coach in franchise history, the other ( Brees) being the winningest for the Saints, if that doesn't open the doorway to the HOF I'd be very surprised.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Realist wrote:
26 Jan 2022 11:45
APB wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
I see Rodgers jumping ship as well. With cap hell neither team has a chance to contend going forward. Peyton found out what MLF will realize next year that without a QB all of a sudden they are not that great of a coach. Poor Gute and Murph are bumming too. They are set for life financially though so I dont feel sorry for them. They have a waiting list for season tickets and soaked the fans in the stock scam in the nick of time. I actually am looking forward to the next chapter in my team's on going greatness. Going to be a bit though. Please dont resign Amos and let the Smiths go.
Um, for the comment in bold, no. Just double no.
A good coach is a good coach. Period.
Might as well say that a QB isn't a good QB unless he has all star players all around him. Not.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BTW, it looks like Washington decided on a new football team name.

It will be the Washington Commanders.
Yoop wrote: