Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
18 Jul 2021 09:22
He really didn't have a lot of options. It was either sit out, retire or return for another season. We shall see...
It's like what Yoho, Packfan23, Labrev, Sal, BF, NCF have been saying since page 1 on his thread....who knew?!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jul 2021 09:29
Pugger wrote:
He really didn't have a lot of options. It was either sit out, retire or return for another season. We shall see...
It's like what Yoho, Packfan23, Labrev, Sal, BF, NCF have been saying since page 1 on his thread....who knew?!
ya those guys really new it all

everyone with half a freaking brain new the team had complete control, it's not as though any of the rest of us hadn't realized that a NFL contract is to protect the team, not the players, some of us just don't like it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jul 2021 11:00
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:

everyone with half a freaking brain new the team had complete control, it's not as though any of the rest of us hadn't realized that a NFL contract is to protect the team, not the players, some of us just don't like it.
I don't particularly care for it, either. It's just the reality of how it works, right or wrong.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have been pretty critical of Rodgers' performance in all of his NFC Title Games over the years, but this is actually a really nice article that kind of breaks it all down and shows Rodgers has played well, despite the circumstances, results, and stats. Not perfect by any means, but, again, better than the stats and narratives suggest.
There's a funny thing that happens when a player is truly a transcendent talent.

People look for reasons to say they aren't that good.

While I can't explain the complexities of human nature that lead people to do this, I can debunk some myths.

I'll start with oe of the biggest lies floating around football talk this decade: Aaron Rodgers isn't a good in championship games.
https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/aaron-rod ... um=twitter

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
18 Jul 2021 11:18
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I don't particularly care for it, either. It's just the reality of how it works, right or wrong.
true, but a lot of vets like Rodgers didn't agree with this contract, the old deal allowed a player to sit out a year which voided the contract and he was able to sign with another team, other vets complained about it too, eventually players will sit out, it's why it wouldn't shock me if Rodgers did it, the union sold out the older vets with this contract.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
18 Jul 2021 11:23
I have been pretty critical of Rodgers' performance in all of his NFC Title Games over the years, but this is actually a really nice article that kind of breaks it all down and shows Rodgers has played well, despite the circumstances, results, and stats. Not perfect by any means, but, again, better than the stats and narratives suggest.
There's a funny thing that happens when a player is truly a transcendent talent.

While I can't explain the complexities of human nature that lead people to do this, I can debunk some myths.

I'll start with oe of the biggest lies floating around football talk this decade: Aaron Rodgers isn't a good in championship games.
Minor nitpick: Regarding 2014, the author didn't mention how Rodgers refused to throw to Sherman's area all day (except for that "free play" that wasn't.) Didn't Sherman even get hurt at one point and start limping around?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:

thanks for the link

now obviously I defend Rodgers at times to the extremes, mostly though because people are so quick to blame him when we lose, and as the article points out, even when we lose Rodgers played well enough for us to win.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Of course he could be having it cleaned to put it on the market.

:hide:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Kirk Cousins has had 5 years of guaranteed seasons with MN from 2018 and now until 2022.

If Rodgers wanted a fully guaranteed deal, he would have demanded one and signed one. He is not a victim of the "system". Which is why I feel zero ounces of "sorry" for him. He signed the deal that gave the team an out in the final season if they wanted.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
18 Jul 2021 11:53
NCF wrote:

Minor nitpick: Regarding 2014, the author didn't mention how Rodgers refused to throw to Sherman's area all day (except for that "free play" that wasn't.) Didn't Sherman even get hurt at one point and start limping around?
Was his shoulder and there was no communication to McCarthy about it.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jul 2021 13:53
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Kirk Cousins has had 5 years of guaranteed seasons with MN from 2018 and now until 2022.

If Rodgers wanted a fully guaranteed deal, he would have demanded one and signed one. He is not a victim of the "system". Which is why I feel zero ounces of "sorry" for him. He signed the deal that gave the team an out in the final season if they wanted.
yep, Rodgers was stupid for signing that contract, could have gotten even more elsewhere with guarantee's and that team probably wouldn't have drafted his replacement 1 year later, he should have fired his agent for allowing him to sign that deal.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I too, was disappointed and kind of shocked Aaron just signed a generic, run of the mill, highest paid player in nfl history when Kirk already knocked down that door.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jul 2021 17:28
go pak go wrote:
18 Jul 2021 13:53
Yoop wrote:

yep, Rodgers was stupid for signing that contract, could have gotten even more elsewhere with guarantee's and that team probably wouldn't have drafted his replacement 1 year later, he should have fired his agent for allowing him to sign that deal.
Mama bear waking up.

I don't think Rodgers was stupid at all unless he is mad the deal isn't guaranteed. He signed a great deal from Rodgers's perspective.

The whole "Rodgers is mad because his deal isn't fully guaranteed" is a yoop theory only at this point. And my response to that is I literally have zero sympathy for someone who would be upset by not having a fully guaranteed deal when that was the deal he signed - especially when there was precedence that a fully guaranteed deal was possible.
Last edited by go pak go on 18 Jul 2021 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jul 2021 17:34
I too, was disappointed and kind of shocked Aaron just signed a generic, run of the mill, highest paid player in nfl history when Kirk already knocked down that door.
I don't know. I think he got a pretty good deal because he got so much money up front. Like from a financial standpoint there is just so much value there to get your money up front. I don't think Rodgers got a raw deal at all. I think he got a great deal and it also allowed some flexibility on the Packers end. It was a good and fair deal. It was an expensive deal for the Packers too.

I mean who's to say Rodgers even wanted a guaranteed deal? At least now he can leave GB early because he is upset with the franchise. If it was fully guaranteed, the Packers literally couldn't move him even if both parties wanted to.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jul 2021 18:06
BF004 wrote:
I don't know. I think he got a pretty good deal because he got so much money up front. Like from a financial standpoint there is just so much value there to get your money up front. I don't think Rodgers got a raw deal at all. I think he got a great deal and it also allowed some flexibility on the Packers end. It was a good and fair deal. It was an expensive deal for the Packers too.

I mean who's to say Rodgers even wanted a guaranteed deal? At least now he can leave GB early because he is upset with the franchise. If it was fully guaranteed, the Packers literally couldn't move him even if both parties wanted to.
I mean, that is the deal, right? Rodgers knows the business of the NFL. He signed a deal that makes him filthy rich for 3 years and then, who knows. We are know in Year 4 in are in the first year of who knows territory. It still pays Rodgers handsomely, but no longer protects Rodgers year-to-year.

We have been over and over this, but this was the reality when he signed. It's the Packers with the full upper hand now.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
18 Jul 2021 18:47
go pak go wrote:
18 Jul 2021 18:06
BF004 wrote:

I mean, that is the deal, right? Rodgers knows the business of the NFL. He signed a deal that makes him filthy rich for 3 years and then, who knows. We are know in Year 4 in are in the first year of who knows territory. It still pays Rodgers handsomely, but no longer protects Rodgers year-to-year.

We have been over and over this, but this was the reality when he signed. It's the Packers with the full upper hand now.
Yup.

I just don't feel sorry for people "when the tables turn". Because everyone knew it would. He signed a great deal. A fair deal. And now he's on the side of the deal that gives him less control.

If he didn't want that, then negotiate that.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

yep, he signed it, doubt he thought he'd need guarantee's, obviously he thought the FO would honor the contract they offered, even his agent seems naive, course he saw $$$$$ and even more of em should the team trade him sooner, Rodgers, all he wants is to be in a winning situation for the few years he has left, after the drafting of Love he doesn't think that will happen here, I didn't either.

yep, he should have demanded the guarantee's, and never trusted Murphy or Gutenknust.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean there is a video of Aaron Rodgers saying out loud just after signing the extension that this "probably only guarantees me three years" so he very well knew exactly what the deal was when he signed it. Signing it is agreement to those dynamics. I think NCF and GoPackGo have made this point well

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

never saw that video, I did see comments where he thought he'd get finish his career as a Packer
Last edited by Yoop on 19 Jul 2021 05:14, edited 1 time in total.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

The cleaning lady who cleans Rodgers house, plus a lot more, has cleaned his again. Could this be? Find out next time!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....