Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2023 18:22
A result of 2 things. Receivers that don’t know how to come back or make plays on the ball and a QB that’s still finding his way, when to drive, when to loft, when to throw and is leaving some passes late and hanging out to dry.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Already feeling better about this Viking game than I did Denver. That game just always felt off.

Just initial press conferences, comments, media, etc., on both sides.

Can smell it in the air in brown county, wi. Packers for better or for worse gunna win this game.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2023 15:09
We couldn't trade or cut Bakhtiari even before his restructure, so bringing him up doesn't fit here. Whether he was done or not, he was on the team unless he retired.
The Packers could have released Bakhtiari this offseason as they would have saved approximately $5 million of cap space in 2023.
go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2023 15:53
Can we just settle this and say the Packers went "a lot in"?
I would agree on the Packers didn't went in enough from 2020-22.
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2023 18:02
I think a lot of his issues could be solved by better accuracy.
Unfortunately I'm not convinced it's possible to improve Love's accuracy at this point in his career.
wallyuwl wrote:
24 Oct 2023 19:16
Is that an improvement vs not being blitzed? He is awful for accuracy on general.
According to PFF Love ranks 30th in completion percentage among the 32 QBs with the most attempts this season when blitzed at 53.6% as well as 31st when not blitzed at 59.1%.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

The Bakhtiari thing to me was one of those that just didn't work out. He showed it last year and in the first game this year, he's one of the league's best. Hands down. He looks like he's making defenders play patty cake. He could have not practiced all year and just played if it would have allowed the knee to not swell up and we'd have been better than fine at LT.

I understand them keeping him. To me, getting rid of a guy like that to save 5 million, when you're going to have to spend twice that to get half the player to replace him seems silly. Expecially when you think he'll be able to play.

It becomes even more silly when you have some holes to fill on the OL and you're going to be starting a 1st year QB and you willingly chose to create another huge hole at the most important position on the OL. So I understand why they didn't get rid of him to save some pocket change at the position.

It didn't work. But i feel pretty confident saying getting rid of him before the season probably wouldn't have helped us much either.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

CWIMM wrote:
25 Oct 2023 05:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
We couldn't trade or cut Bakhtiari even before his restructure, so bringing him up doesn't fit here. Whether he was done or not, he was on the team unless he retired.
The Packers could have released Bakhtiari this offseason as they would have saved approximately $5 million of cap space in 2023.
Incorrect. It would have cost us another $5 million, not saved us another 5.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

musclestang wrote:
25 Oct 2023 06:39
The Bakhtiari thing to me was one of those that just didn't work out. He showed it last year and in the first game this year, he's one of the league's best. Hands down. He looks like he's making defenders play patty cake. He could have not practiced all year and just played if it would have allowed the knee to not swell up and we'd have been better than fine at LT.

I understand them keeping him. To me, getting rid of a guy like that to save 5 million, when you're going to have to spend twice that to get half the player to replace him seems silly. Expecially when you think he'll be able to play.

It becomes even more silly when you have some holes to fill on the OL and you're going to be starting a 1st year QB and you willingly chose to create another huge hole at the most important position on the OL. So I understand why they didn't get rid of him to save some pocket change at the position.

It didn't work. But i feel pretty confident saying getting rid of him before the season probably wouldn't have helped us much either.
I agree that it was the right move to hold on to Bakhtiari for this season, especially after it seemed late last year that he was finally getting back to full strength. It's unfortunate it didn't work out as planned.

Just wanted to point out that they could have saved some cap space by moving on from him.
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2023 06:57
CWIMM wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Incorrect. It would have cost us another $5 million, not saved us another 5.
If the Packers had released Bakhtiari before his roster bonus of $9.5 million was due at the start of the league year (so at the time they restructured his deal) the move would have resulted in cap savings of $5 million for this season.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
According to PFF Love ranks 30th in completion percentage among the 32 QBs with the most attempts this season when blitzed at 53.6% as well as 31st when not blitzed at 59.1%.
It seems PFF is saying then that Love is worse when blitzed less, and to me thats baffling, several weeks back showed that Love does far better when kept clean, not sure what to think, except what I see, and that is Love bolting from a clean pocket at times because usually thats not the case, and he's flushed do to pressure.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Oct 2023 21:34
Already feeling better about this Viking game than I did Denver. That game just always felt off.

Just initial press conferences, comments, media, etc., on both sides.

Can smell it in the air in brown county, wi. Packers for better or for worse gunna win this game.
When MN beat SF...my first thought was "we are now going to beat MN" :twisted:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Some havent quite grasp how bad the 2023 Green Bay Packers are at this moment.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2023 08:58
of course people know as a group, play is below pare, what we also know is that minor improvements from any part that hasn't done well could lead to a win.

me, I have little time to wallow in doubt about anything football, in the time it takes to say we suck, a complete turn around could be on the horizon, obviously thats hard to vision under the circumstances lately, it has happened enough in the past for me to know it's possible, and that keeps my glass half full.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2023 09:38
Drj820 wrote:
of course people know as a group, play is below pare, what we also know is that minor improvements from any part that hasn't done well could lead to a win.

me, I have little time to wallow in doubt about anything football, in the time it takes to say we suck, a complete turn around could be on the horizon, obviously thats hard to vision under the circumstances lately, it has happened enough in the past for me to know it's possible, and that keeps my glass half full.
Who are you, and what have you done with Yoop? :)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
25 Oct 2023 09:52
Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2023 09:38
Drj820 wrote:

Who are you, and what have you done with Yoop? :)
wha?????? I'am the most optimistic member here :lol:

now go buy some Packer memorabilia for your grand kids tight wad :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

IF you want to watch all PA passes on the season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Savage to IR. Ballentine to the 53. Zyon Gilbert to the PS.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
I think it is more folks thought this team was going to better than it actually is before the season started. Those of us who knew this was going to be a down year are not gathering torches and pitch forks to storm 1265. I will admit I thought we'd win maybe 6/7 games last summer. Now it appears to be even less. But for me it isn't the end of the world. Once we get these cap killers off the books and our young guys an entire season to grow together hopefully 2024 will be a hell of lot more fun.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2023 12:57
Drj820 wrote:
I think it is more folks thought this team was going to better than it actually is before the season started. Those of us who knew this was going to be a down year are not gathering torches and pitch forks to storm 1265. I will admit I thought we'd win maybe 6/7 games last summer. Now it appears to be even less. But for me it isn't the end of the world. Once we get these cap killers off the books and our young guys an entire season to grow together hopefully 2024 will be a hell of lot more fun.
I think I was the most optimistic of this group, and still see no reason with better health that we couldn't be double digit winners this season, no one can over come poor OL blocking, Rodgers couldn't do it last season either.

better blocking helps receiver gain time to separate as well as Love having more faith in it to just read the routes, not all of our receiver screw it up on every play, and Love has rarely had time to even see his 3rd receiver let along throw him the ball.
no offense Pugger, but I'am hearing a lot of "I told you so's " from people as yourself that only predicted about 5 wins, and no one mentions the real reason we aren't even doing that well, imo the OL and other health issues are the biggest reason why, and not this QB.

which I think was the biggest reason folks thought getting 6 wins would be a monumental achievement, our star offensive RB, the most productive offensive player we have has barely played, maybe it's a blessing, it's not as though this OL would be a big help for him, and would probably get him IR'd for the rest of the season.

this team, healthy, is capable of a lot more then we are seeing. :mrgreen:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Also signed Robert Rochell off the Panthers PS. We've definitely got a DB problem.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Luke Butkus was promoted to O-Line coach in 2022. I think there may be a problem.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Stokes goes to IR with a hammy.