Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2023 13:23
Pugger wrote:
25 Oct 2023 12:57
Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2023 08:58
Some havent quite grasp how bad the 2023 Green Bay Packers are at this moment.
I think it is more folks thought this team was going to better than it actually is before the season started. Those of us who knew this was going to be a down year are not gathering torches and pitch forks to storm 1265. I will admit I thought we'd win maybe 6/7 games last summer. Now it appears to be even less. But for me it isn't the end of the world. Once we get these cap killers off the books and our young guys an entire season to grow together hopefully 2024 will be a hell of lot more fun.
I think I was the most optimistic of this group, and still see no reason with better health that we couldn't be double digit winners this season, no one can over come poor OL blocking, Rodgers couldn't do it last season either.

better blocking helps receiver gain time to separate as well as Love having more faith in it to just read the routes, not all of our receiver screw it up on every play, and Love has rarely had time to even see his 3rd receiver let along throw him the ball.
no offense Pugger, but I'am hearing a lot of "I told you so's " from people as yourself that only predicted about 5 wins, and no one mentions the real reason we aren't even doing that well, imo the OL and other health issues are the biggest reason why, and not this QB.

which I think was the biggest reason folks thought getting 6 wins would be a monumental achievement, our star offensive RB, the most productive offensive player we have has barely played, maybe it's a blessing, it's not as though this OL would be a big help for him, and would probably get him IR'd for the rest of the season.

this team, healthy, is capable of a lot more then we are seeing. :mrgreen:
I actually predicted 6/7 wins but that isn't the crux of what I'm talking about. Everyone is disappointed the team isn't doing well this year but if you remember there were posters here (I saw others on other Packers' message boards too) this past summer who thought this was a WC caliber team. You seem to be one of those. There are scores of reasons why they are struggling: QB play, OL play, no consistent running game, green WRs and TEs who may not be running the correct routes and are poor blockers, inability to stop the run and long passes along with sloppy play and penalties. Most of these problems come from inexperience but I'm wondering if some of it is coaching. Pre-snap penalties and others have put this fragile offense behind the 8 ball and ruined more drives this year than I care to recall. The coaches might not be bad but may not the right ones for a roster this young. No matter how much time they have to prepare the guys the players never seem ready come game day and don't start clicking until the second half every week.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Apologies is already discussed
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2023 15:27

Apologies is already discussed
What the hell can you even say at this point?

Absolute joke.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Was wondering if Stokes was gunna make a push to make us think about his 5th year option.

So lame

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Should have taken Tyson Campbell.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Is this really season-ending? Tear or just a pull?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Just curious if anyone knows anything more specific about J. Alexander's back issue? I haven't found/ heard much. Sounds like he didn't practice again yesterday. :bkw:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

A change.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/1 ... s-vikings/

Without bad luck there wouldn't be any luck!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I can get on board with selling Preston Smith.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 13:24

Yeah I think the two players most likely to be "traded" are Preston Smith and Jaire Alexander.

Smith would be probably be a 5 or 6 rounder.

Alexander would only be let go for a 1st day draft pick.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aaron Jones is should be for sell too. Sell him to a contender who will use him. He won’t be with us forever either

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This is not a playoff team. Any player that will not be a packer in one to two years should be for sell.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Oct 2023 14:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2023 13:24

Yeah I think the two players most likely to be "traded" are Preston Smith and Jaire Alexander.

Smith would be probably be a 5 or 6 rounder.

Alexander would only be let go for a 1st day draft pick.
Jaire doesn't make much sense to trade. He's still only 26 and would cost us money to trade. Call this year a lost year, IR him, get the back right and come back next year. Unless he's gone full Bak cancer-mode. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Hmm, what about AJ Dillon? How would the forum feel about that?

Devondre Campbell?

On a related note, I'd let Myers go after the season; $1.4mil cap savings next year if I'm reading it right
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would be looking to trade Preston Smith, Devondre Campbell, Rasul Douglas, Aaron Jones, Jon Runyan, AJ Dillon, Jordan Love, or Keisan Nixon.

None of these guys should be in this teams long term plans. Realistically I think you could get a 6th for Smith just because teams are always looking for pass rushers. Campbell could maybe get a 7th. Those are two rough contracts to pick up. Jones could probably get a 6th considering hes an older back. Runyan could probably get you the most of this group based on age and position. You could maybe swindle a team to swap a 5th for a 6th. Nixon could maybe net us a 7th for a team in need of a returner.

Love could get us a bag of beans.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
30 Oct 2023 15:01
Hmm, what about AJ Dillon? How would the forum feel about that?

Devondre Campbell?

On a related note, I'd let Myers go after the season; $1.4mil cap savings next year if I'm reading it right
Id just keep him as the interior depth piece. Hes a good pass blocker still hes just one of the worst run blockers in the history of interior lineman.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so you'd trade the best on the roster for a bunch of 6th and 7th round picks, basically guaranteeing zero success for the next 3 to 5 years, no sale, but you have inspired me to roll up my sleeves, roll up a blunt and relax :rotf: