Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
30 Jan 2022 11:26
Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2022 10:34
I read about it at the time and it seemed provoked, bad, but his sister was taking a beating,
Why read about it and make guesses when you can watch?

I will forever remain glad this POS isn’t on our team.

I've seen this and read the story, blown way out of proportion, looks worse then it was, he didn't throw heavy handed punches, mostly slapping, I don't condone it, but I sure as hell wont condemn some HS kid forever as your stance seems to be, and he's been a great player and person ever since.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That should tack another 2nd rounder onto Aaron's value.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
01 Feb 2022 08:40
That should tack another 2nd rounder onto Aaron's value.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

With Brady gone from the NFC and Mahommes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, and Jackson to a lesser extent all in the AFC....Rodgers would be crazy to demand a trade to an AFC if rings are his goal.

The path in the NFC just got alot easier, with the Rams bubble set to burst at any time.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Feb 2022 09:52
With Brady gone from the NFC and Mahommes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, and Jackson to a lesser extent all in the AFC....Rodgers would be crazy to demand a trade to an AFC if rings are his goal.

The path in the NFC just got alot easier, with the Rams bubble set to burst at any time.
Rams are in worse shape long term than the Packers. But they are probable to get a ring out of it.

In the NFC who is there to contend with? Dallas and Arizona? I guess Tampa if Wilson goes there or something. In the AFC you for sure have KC, Cincy, Buffalo, Chargers, Tennessee, and maybe Baltimore. Those first 3 may be the best teams in the league next year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Potentially a misleading number without a deeper dive in the actual free agents to be and other reasons.

But the total sum of free salary cap space league wide last year at this point was about $630 million dollars.

As it stands today, that number is $477 million.

That is a very significant 24% reduction. Overly simply trend, if same % of cap is available, moving from the 182 million to 208 million, would ball park this closer to $720 million, ceteris paribus.

Could definitely partly just less contract expiring this year, less good players available. Teams backloading contracts and taking dead money to get through COVID catching up with them, other reasons. Most likely combinations of all of the above.

Just noteworthy. Not sure what that means, but might be able to get a couple bargain value FA's late in the process.

Maybe put another way.
image.png
image.png (6.35 KiB) Viewed 475 times

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wow, some big stuff brewing. Flores suing NFL, Giants, and Dolphins for racial discrimination. As well as....

RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
01 Feb 2022 10:38
Drj820 wrote:
01 Feb 2022 09:52

Rams are in worse shape long term than the Packers. But they are probable to get a ring out of it.

In the NFC who is there to contend with? Dallas and Arizona? I guess Tampa if Wilson goes there or something. In the AFC you for sure have KC, Cincy, Buffalo, Chargers, Tennessee, and maybe Baltimore. Those first 3 may be the best teams in the league next year.
I can't think of any NFC team that is a QB away that has any cap space. New Orleans is worse off than we are. Perhaps Rodgers best bet is to stay right where he is...?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
01 Feb 2022 15:05
Wow, some big stuff brewing. Flores suing NFL, Giants, and Dolphins for racial discrimination. As well as....

This could get real ugly real fast.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Hahaha so the Jets still lost to an org paying their coach 100 bands to lose to them. That’s funny.

Giants did nothing wrong.

Belichik in trouble for being a boomer.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

That excerpt makes Stephen Ross sound exactly as dumb as I expected. We are so fortunate that the Packers don't have an owner.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

You’d think Bill would be better at technology at this point.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
01 Feb 2022 16:27
lol dummy

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I don't know that I can root for the NFL owners or Ross (who I don't particularly care for), but I am definitely rooting against Flores. I hope they destroy that piece of &%$@. The NFL panders to minorities constantly and yet it's never good enough for people like Flores.

Shame that he has to bring up good guys like Dungy and Jim Caldwell and involve them in his nonsense. Curious to see how racism forced him to bench Ryan Fitzpatrick while they were winning and looking like a decent playoff team with a solid QB. Also curious to see how systemic injustice prevented him from being able to beat teams other than the Jets, Giants, Jaguars, and Texans.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
01 Feb 2022 23:33
I don't know that I can root for the NFL owners or Ross (who I don't particularly care for), but I am definitely rooting against Flores. I hope they destroy that piece of &%$@. The NFL panders to minorities constantly and yet it's never good enough for people like Flores.

Shame that he has to bring up good guys like Dungy and Jim Caldwell and involve them in his nonsense. Curious to see how racism forced him to bench Ryan Fitzpatrick while they were winning and looking like a decent playoff team with a solid QB. Also curious to see how systemic injustice prevented him from being able to beat teams other than the Jets, Giants, Jaguars, and Texans.
when it comes to HC's and front office people the NFL is a white supremacist fraternity, everyone knows it, are you dense? and Ross should be forced to sell the Dolphins for trying to force his coach to break the rules.

and Flores has a strong case, most of the league has known that the Roony rule is a joke for years, highly qualified Black people have been snubbed for jobs they deserve based only on the color of there skin, why don't you go and read some reality

Steve Wyche
@wyche89
Can not tell you over the years how many black coaches took interviews, knowing they weren’t getting HC jobs but were encouraged to for the experience. The amount of texts and convos I have had this coaching cycle, with black coaches equate to this: “How’s that working out?” 😐
4:56 PM · Feb 1, 2022

and there are tons of comments such as this, your comments are 180 from the truth Tex, and this proves it, the NFL sure as hell does not cater to Black athletes and never has, where you come up with your assinine opinions is mind boggling.

every day, it's some political one liner or this racist BS, take your opinions back to the podium, I will not stand by as you divide this forum.

The NFL panders to minorities constantly and yet it's never good enough for people like Flores.

complete BS.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
01 Feb 2022 23:33

Like most things, complicated litigation and civil cases are best to not be judged by the population at large; especially before trial when the evidence comes out.

We have such limited information to make any reasonable judgement but unfortunately your mind is already made up based on bias from reading of a couple of tweets.

People always make fun of the "McDonald's coffee lawsuit" until they actually see pictures of the burns and hear the medical situation after the incident. I usually hear, "I never knew it was that bad" or something like that when see them and hear personal testimonial.

It's the boring answer. It's the "terrible for TV and politics answer". But I always believe the best answer is, "I will reserve judgment until I hear more information"

And by and large we will never get enough information ourselves to make a judgement because we have our own lives and don't have time to get enough information on other things that really don't pertain to us. Which sounds boring and incomplete, but perhaps the best thing is for society at large to not have judgements on these things, or at least keep an open mind that there are probably things we don't know to have the humility we likely can't make a proper judgement.

And yes. I know I would never win a political campaign with that strategy. People need answers now. Even if it's wrong. Because they will forget about the wrong answer next week when a new thing comes up.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.