General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Oren Burks and Big Dog added to Covid list.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

that list getting pretty long now
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 14:53

Good for him, hope he gets it.
My fear is Hackett gets a HC job (not in Jacksonville) and takes Stenovich with him to be his OC and then that team trades for Rodgers and signs Adams.

But otherwise, yeah, go get jobs, folks!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:29
Honestly, we're in pretty great shape. Monday was the new record for most positive cases around the league and we're looking at 1 starter--the aging wonder at TE--and some STers like Burks and Amari Rodgers and Malik Taylor and Ty Summers? I consider us to be in GREAT shape in terms of the virus issues around the league. Especially if MVS is cleared in time for this week.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is actually an incredibly intriguing question. Sum of the parts greater than the individual pieces?

:idn:

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:33
Drj820 wrote:
Honestly, we're in pretty great shape. Monday was the new record for most positive cases around the league and we're looking at 1 starter--the aging wonder at TE--and some STers like Burks and Amari Rodgers and Malik Taylor and Ty Summers? I consider us to be in GREAT shape in terms of the virus issues around the league. Especially if MVS is cleared in time for this week.
Its only tuesday.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:52
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:33
Drj820 wrote:
Its only tuesday.
And who knows about weeks to come.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
28 Dec 2021 16:44
This is actually an incredibly intriguing question. Sum of the parts greater than the individual pieces?

Patrick is the only one in top ten positional stats, he's #3 as a run blocking center according to PFF.

people are/would be happy to get Myers back, I have to wonder if he can send Patrick to backup duty, or maybe Patrick would move to RG?????

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

NCF wrote:

Got to give Yosh the nod given the profile of his position.

My whacked out thought of the day - does Yosh play so well that it makes Bak expendable? Expendable purely from a salary cap situation, nothing to do with the level of his play (whenever he does come back healthy).

Fire away at me when ready!! :hide:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lulu wrote:
28 Dec 2021 18:56
NCF wrote:

My whacked out thought of the day - does Yosh play so well that it makes Bak expendable? Expendable purely from a salary cap situation, nothing to do with the level of his play (whenever he does come back healthy).

Bahk may be amazing when healthy, but two players have now made it seem as if the money that went to him could have been used elsewhere. Those two players would be Yosh and Jenkins of course.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lulu wrote:
28 Dec 2021 18:56
NCF wrote:

No. It will cost more to cut him then keep him.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's that time in the year when I again start to feel like 7 is ONE TOO MANY playoff teams per conference. I feel it so deeply that 6 was just right.

That said, the stakes of only having one bye are keeping this chart's relevance alive right now. We've basically locked up a top-2 seeding. But one slip and that 1-seed could be gone. Anyway, our odds are hiiiigggghh
image.png
image.png (28.92 KiB) Viewed 375 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, #1 is probably more likely to Dallas slipping a game, Arizona then Philly, tough slate, moreso than us winning out.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Dec 2021 08:47
Yeah, #1 is probably more likely to Dallas slipping a game, Arizona then Philly, tough slate, moreso than us winning out.
I want so badly for Dallas to lose this week and us to beat the Vikings this week and then not take the week fully off because I think two weeks off really messes with the rhythm, but basically treat it like a preseason week 2 game with the starters playing a bit to go through the motions and stay in the vibe of the game, but moreso, a time to get all the injured players some game time where they don't have to play a full game but can test their injury status

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Dec 2021 09:01
BF004 wrote:
I want so badly for Dallas to lose this week and us to beat the Vikings this week and then not take the week fully off because I think two weeks off really messes with the rhythm, but basically treat it like a preseason week 2 game with the starters playing a bit to go through the motions and stay in the vibe of the game, but moreso, a time to get all the injured players some game time where they don't have to play a full game but can test their injury status
I was thinking about this.

If we clinch the #1 seed Sunday Night, do we rest Aaron fully so he gets basically 20 days of rest on that toe? What is more important? Is it having a more healed toe or is it having Rodgers stay in rhythm?

My guess is they sit Rodgers and Adams but play most everyone else for Week 18. I would rather have Rodgers "stay in rhythm" in a controlled environment compared to risk of being stepped on and making it worse.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:
I mean with a fairly beat up team, guys on COVID, and only 53 per roster, only so many guys you can sit.

I would sit Aaron and probably Davante, go with Love and really try to beat the Lions. Love needs some good tape. Might be a good time to get Bakhtiari out there for a few series, maybe even a half or the whole game if if we ready. Maybe the same with Jaire, get him a few snaps.

Maybe go light on snaps with a few other guys, Big Dog, Kenny, Preston or anyone else banged up.

But yeah, I'm more for winning #1 seed this Sunday so we can play Love the following week.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Dec 2021 09:24
I mean with a fairly beat up team, guys on COVID, and only 53 per roster, only so many guys you can sit.

I would sit Aaron and probably Davante, go with Love and really try to beat the Lions. Love needs some good tape. Might be a good time to get Bakhtiari out there for a few series, maybe even a half or the whole game if if we ready. Maybe the same with Jaire, get him a few snaps.

Maybe go light on snaps with a few other guys, Big Dog, Kenny, Preston or anyone else banged up.

But yeah, I'm more for winning #1 seed this Sunday so we can play Love the following week.
Yeah pretty much this exactly, but especially, like, if Z, Jaire, and Bakh can get in the game for a quarter or two to get back into game speed before the playoffs but a long break after to evaluate how their bodies respond and plan accordingly.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Favre had the streak and rarely had a 1st-round Bye, but it always seemed like it was never a consideration for him to not play. A series, a quarter, a half, whatever it might be, I think it is so important to completely go through the entire motion of preparing for a week of football and that includes suiting up and taking a few snaps.

After seeing Rodgers and the Packers team get blown out by the Giants in 2011, my mind is completely made up about two weeks off.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
29 Dec 2021 10:03
Favre had the streak and rarely had a 1st-round Bye, but it always seemed like it was never a consideration for him to not play. A series, a quarter, a half, whatever it might be, I think it is so important to completely go through the entire motion of preparing for a week of football and that includes suiting up and taking a few snaps.

After seeing Rodgers and the Packers team get blown out by the Giants in 2011, my mind is completely made up about two weeks off.
Yes, that might be where mine stemmed from, as well, haha. I think some Colts issues, as well.

Go through the full week, prepare, play. But just enough to stay in rhythm and routine and avoid rust. I'm fine with a quarter. Especially if it's like a 14-0 quarter.